Search
Like Tree2Likes

Can somebody please explain this to me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 09:15 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Thank you, Sir!

No greater honor than to be used by the Lord!

God Bless!
Brad
Old 08-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If that's true and we're wrong.....we'll never know it.
One would presume (or perhaps 'pray') the last lemming would at very least be getting a clue....
Old 08-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Dear sho.21,

I know your confusion and have often felt the same when hearing calls to disconnect from the things of this world, but the answer lies in your question regarding, "what do you have to do?" The answer is nothing! You couldn't do enough to earn your way in, and in fact your standing is based not on you, but on Christ himself. To say you must add to that is to say that Christ is not sufficient and that is not true.

Here's an analogy that may help and I can speak as a father. We are brought into a relationship with God the Father through Jesus his son by adoption - (more on adoption later) and are therefore His children. My kids do lots of things - draw pictures, play music, write stories, build things with the legos I gave them, etc. and I as their father, can enjoy their talents and even encourage their creativity. My fridge bears evidence of that for example - I delight in them using what I have given them (and God has given you everything you are and have and can delight in you making good use of it.) What I don't want however, is for my kids to be so fixated on the things they do and or make so as not to respond when I call them to help out with things around the house, or to come to dinner. There is work to be done for the benefit of the family and they, as part of the family need to be involved. Whether they do or not, I still love them and they are still my kids, but I might have to discipline them. The great part is they have a relationship with me and know I love them and they actually seek out my input into what they are doing because I've spent time with them and they with me. They also are willing to help out when asked. So spend time with the Lord daily and get to know His love for you and give thanks for the things he gives you to enjoy, but in daily living, be ready to put things aside and tend to whatever he leads you to do - the only way you'll know what that is is through your daily relationship, which doesn't end when your devotional os over - it's ongoing - all day.

There are times God may ask you to leave something behind or give something up. If you are daily walking with Him, you'll start to sense that, and when a pastor or teacher echos a similar sentiment, you will sense it's a nudge from a Heavenly Father who delights in you. It might be a sacrifice, but ultimately you will want to make it out of love for God. The only way to know whether God is speaking to you through someone is by God's Spirit in you, rather than someone outside of you trying to motivate you.

Tend to your relationship with Him. Acknowledge it all belongs to Him and give thanks for all He provides. Ask Him to show you how keep a proper perspective on. "the things of this world" and realize there are some things He doesn't want you to have or do because they will harm you. The devil makes you think God is cheating you out of something - "come on! All your friends are doing it!" Nothing could be further from the Truth.

Regarding adoption - Paul used this analogy for good reason. Adoption in the Roman world was binding - couldn't be undone. You could disown a natural born child but you couldn't an adopted one so be secure in your relationship with your Heavenly Father and learn to enjoy/delight in Him because HE ROCKS!
Old 08-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

JunkGT,
Great Job with the analogy, God's love cannot be paid for or earned. He wants to have a relationship with us not a check list ticked off one by one. Our sermon this weekend was on this very subject. The Lord uses us to speak to his people.
God Bless
Old 09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hmmmmmmmm.......or not.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sho .21
He said you also have to literally live your life for Him, and get rid of all the things in your life that are of this world, because if you don't, then you are not fully living your life for Jesus and that won't get you into Heaven. Whats got me so confused (and a little worried) over this

yep your pastor is write look all around all people do every single day is what? they are beze doing their own things and no time for God i will judge my self i do a lot of hobbies and i think this is sin cause i spend a lot of time doing this and like no time for God. And he will judge me by my things i done off-course i talk about him every day and some times do say a lot of testimonies he done in my life more then any ones but stile people i need repentance more pray for me i know HIM but i want to be closer to HIM.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sho .21
I go to a Christian school, and every Wednesday we have a chapel. Today in chapel, the pastor was talking about salvation. He brought up a very good point. He said that just believing in Jesus won't get you into Heaven. He said you also have to literally live your life for Him, and get rid of all the things in your life that are of this world, because if you don't, then you are not fully living your life for Jesus and that won't get you into Heaven. Whats got me so confused (and a little worried) over this, is that in John 11:25-26, it says "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?' ". All it says you need to do in that verse to get to Heaven is just believe in Him. It says nothing about what the pastor said today. But, I got to thinking again. The demons believed in Him, and look what happened to them. Infact the pastor today even said that. Can somebody please explain all this to me? What do you really have to do? This has all got me somewhat worried.
My friend, I'm talking to you as one fellow human being to another. Even though this has nothing to do with R/C, I've got a few reasonable words that might help you. The reason you are confused about the gospel in the first place is because it is an ancient doctrine. It is nothing more than an assertion, a "claim" that has always failed to meet its burden of proof. The idea that it is so questionable directly refutes the notion that god is both just and moral, and is all-powerful at the same time, because if god wanted to accomplish his goal of spreading this message to people in a way that would be demonstrable and understandable, he would not rely on dogma, ancient stories, and text to get his point accross. This means he is either all-powerful and doesn't care, or isn't all-powerful. Either way, faith is not a vehicle that will lead you to truth, if you keep reading and questioning the bible, you'll find out how absurd it is, and how much better life is when your willing to deal with reality. I encourage you to read the bible like I did. You'll find that it is not a moral book. Its actuall quite morally bankrupt. Even the new testament. You cant be made to feel bad for misunderstanding something that is beyond your control. The bible sets very unrealistic criteria by which to live, and any breach in this criteria is compounded as sin, and it is laid out in a way that avoiding sin is impossible. But it proposes that you pray and ask for forgiveness as if you are evil and you actually maliciously intended to sin. Its hogwash, the bible is not backed by evidence in any way that is testible or demonstrable or practical, and spending your time in this religion is a waste of life. You'll find a wealth of knowledge and reasonable answers to how the world actually is if you get rid of the contrived religion and focus on reality. There are many reasons why faith is not a good thing. You'll find those reasons if you actually care whether or not your beliefs are true. I could go on and on but if you take my advice you'll amaze yourself at how much you'll learn. And there will be that moment of "WOW, how could I have ever believed in those things I used to believe in.

Good luck to you!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitrorocks
Well said Mr. Shookie! I always laugh when somebody says we came from monkeys! That's hilarious!

1. NOBODY has EVER found a missing link! EVER! Not living or in fossils.

2. The law of Thermodynamics basically states that all things head to a state of chaos. Meaning...things don't Evolve...Improve...Enhance. My RC truck doesn't get faster with age. It falls apart. The human body (as I hit 30) definately doesn't get better. Our sun? Our planet? NOPE NOTHING...so how is it that humanity has evolved?

I could go on...but here are some questions for you in all fairness. Please read them and answer them:

1. Where did the space for the universe come from?

2. Where did matter come from?

3. Where did the laws of the universe come from (gravity, inertia, etc.)?

4. How did matter get so perfectly organized?

5. Where did the energy come from to do all the organizing?

6. When, where, why, and how did life come from dead matter?

7. Is it possible that similarities in design between different animals prove a common Creator instead of a common ancestor?

**I'm not trying to be stuck up or smug...I just know that once I had questions about such things and it wasn't till I looked for the answers that I found the right ones. Please ask any questions you might have!

Thanks,
Alan
Quit trying to shift the burden of proof. It doesnt matter if we can or cannot explain all the things you just mentioned (which we can explain alot of them). It still doesnt make your god or theology true or worth believing. You cant say, well no one's ever proven evolution true, therefore christianity is true. That is an argument from ignorance. By the way, if you think the theory of evolution proposes that we came from monkeys, you clearly dont understand the theory of evolution (which is a fact by the way). It doesnt propose that we come from apes. Humans and apes share a common ancestor. Go to origins.org. But to the point, it doesnt matter if I can answer those questions or not, it doesnt make you supernatural god claims or ancient text right. Atheists dont have a burden of proof. Atheism is not a theology, its not a world view, its not a story, its not a philosophy. Its a word that means lack of belief in a god. We dont have to prove anything. But you do since you made the claim about god. And you cant prove it with clear, reliable, testible, demonstrable results that are practical, consistent, and replicable by anyone. And you have no more proof of your god than you do for zeus, aphrodite, dionisis, apollo, or any other god probably dont believe in. So why do you think your god is the one that actually exists? Where's you justification?
Old 11-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Romans 1-19, 20, 21, 22

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Romans 5-8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 3-23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6-23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10-9,10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Ok ok, I get it dude. I got carried away. Peace!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elikeatts
Quit trying to shift the burden of proof. It doesnt matter if we can or cannot explain all the things you just mentioned (which we can explain alot of them). It still doesnt make your god or theology true or worth believing. You cant say, well no one's ever proven evolution true, therefore christianity is true. That is an argument from ignorance. By the way, if you think the theory of evolution proposes that we came from monkeys, you clearly dont understand the theory of evolution (which is a fact by the way). It doesnt propose that we come from apes. Humans and apes share a common ancestor. Go to origins.org. But to the point, it doesnt matter if I can answer those questions or not, it doesnt make you supernatural god claims or ancient text right. Atheists dont have a burden of proof. Atheism is not a theology, its not a world view, its not a story, its not a philosophy. Its a word that means lack of belief in a god. We dont have to prove anything. But you do since you made the claim about god. And you cant prove it with clear, reliable, testible, demonstrable results that are practical, consistent, and replicable by anyone. And you have no more proof of your god than you do for zeus, aphrodite, dionisis, apollo, or any other god probably dont believe in. So why do you think your god is the one that actually exists? Where's you justification?

Im not sure why people of no faith want to come and post on a christian forum. If you dont believe thats fine done come and jam your anti-religion bull down someone elses throat. thanks and I will see you at the track this weekend elikeatts!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bcole82
Im not sure why people of no faith want to come and post on a christian forum. If you dont believe thats fine done come and jam your anti-religion bull down someone elses throat. thanks and I will see you at the track this weekend elikeatts!
You know what? You are absolutely right. My bad please dont hate me. Like I said I just got carried away. I'm not here to preach. I actually wasnt planning on posting anything to this thread until I read that guy's post where he was disputing evolution and I couldnt help myself. No more arguing, I promise. Peace out!