Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Can somebody please explain this to me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 10:13 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Sorry for the delayed response, our internet has been down in my little podunk town...lol.

The biggest and best way to be able to tell the false-prophet is to know the Bible and what it teaches, for yourself. Because Jesus said that you can tell a false prophet by the fruit that he produces, and Paul said you can tell by who he claims to be representing. And, if you can recognize Godly fruit when you see/hear it, you'll know if he is from God or not.
If someone is preaching/teaching things that don't coincide with what the Bible teaches, they aren't going to be producing Godly fruit that will be honoring to God and increasing His kingdom. If they aren't teaching from the Bible, they will be sowing seeds of doubt and deception that will eventually prove that they are more about glorifying themselves than they are God.

Here are just a few verses that show what I am speaking of, check them out:

1 John 4:1-4
Matthew 7:15-20
Matthew 7:24 & 26

If we don't study the Bible and know it well, it will be almost impossible to know if someone is teaching from God's word (false-prophet/teacher). Much like someone that takes their car in to be worked on, and if they don't know anything about cars, then they won't know if what the mechanic is telling is the truth or not. In ignorance, they can only choose to believe him, or they can do some resarch and find out if he is telling the truth or not.

But please, as always...DON'T take my word as gospel, jump in to the Bible and study this for yourself. That way you'll know in your heart that you have read it for yourself, and you're not just going by what someone else said.

Mr Wild Cherry;

I wanted to say that....I don't care whether you believe the earth is 1 day old, or 100 billion years old. What I do care about is....do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you given your life to Him and accepted his death as payment for your sins? Because I know if any of us have done that, and we are earnestly studying God's word for ourselves, all the other 'controversies' will iron themselves out with our increasing spiritual wisdom that comes from studying and meditating on the Word for ourselves.

God Bless you all!! I hope everyone has a very blessed Friday and weekend!

Brad
Old 04-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

I didn't read everyones reply but i would like to add if you guys don't mind.
To believe in Jesus it to believe in bible,to believe in the word of God,in saying that he gave us instruction on how to live or lives.Like you said the demons believed in him but they took another path,and if we follow there ways our life will end up like theres.Were not perfect but we had to try to live the best we can and stay repentive for the wrong we do.

I say pray and keep living..........God bless.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Matthew 7:13-20

discusses taking care of your own business before you try to guide someone else. If you can not take care of your own business with out checking to see who is watching then you can't take care of other folks business either.

Be-a-ware of the life you lead and the choices you make, for they all are not that significant but when you start to add them up, the true believers are easily visable.

1 more thing - Don't put your beliefs in man, man will fault everytime. Believe in GOD and follow the instructions.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Legend

Mr Wild Cherry;

I wanted to say that....I don't care whether you believe the earth is 1 day old, or 100 billion years old. What I do care about is....do you know Jesus as your Savior? Have you given your life to Him and accepted his death as payment for your sins? Because I know if any of us have done that, and we are earnestly studying God's word for ourselves, all the other 'controversies' will iron themselves out with our increasing spiritual wisdom that comes from studying and meditating on the Word for ourselves.

God Bless you all!! I hope everyone has a very blessed Friday and weekend!

Brad[/QUOTE]

I am a confirmed episcopalian ...

You ?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:29 AM

I was raised in a Baptist Church, and am attending one currently. I attended a non-denominational church for about 15 years that was an awesome, God-loving, Bible teaching church. Unfortunately, I had to move to another part of the country and had to find a new church body to worship with.

But more importantly, I am a born again believer that is earnestly working at knowing God better, and trying to become more like Jesus each and every day.

Brad
Old 04-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Praise the Lord today, for you are a live and he is alive in you!!!!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86
Praise the Lord today, for you are a live and he is alive in you!!!!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Indeed....preach it Brother!

I seen the Newsboys a few years back at a Promisekeepers event...GOOD STUFF!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Indeed....preach it Brother!

I seen the Newsboys a few years back at a Promisekeepers event...GOOD STUFF!!!
I haven't done that yet, but I am looking forward to going to promise keepers with my future father in law!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86
I haven't done that yet, but I am looking forward to going to promise keepers with my future father in law!

It can be a life-changing event! I would highly recommend it for anyone that loves the Lord, or would just like to learn more about Him. Truly awesome stuff!
Old 08-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Express_Guy
there is no god
There is a God and someday you'll wish you believed in out Lord and Savior! Hello everyone. Im Justin and Im new to the forums. I was so happy to see this site. I made some really bad decisions in life. I was raised in a good Chritian home and turned to drugs i 9th grade. After almost 15 years of life wasted I found NA. After joining NA I started to attend church. Now a few months into RC I have found a whole new way of life. Upon starting recovery I prayed t God to fill this void in my life. Then I got a Evader outta the blue. It looked fun! Well now 16 months clean life is great! I completely love life now. At 30 I feel like drugs and that horrible life style I lived is over thanks to my Savior and this great hobby
Old 08-11-2010, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
There is a God and someday you'll wish you believed in out Lord and Savior! Hello everyone. Im Justin and Im new to the forums. I was so happy to see this site. I made some really bad decisions in life. I was raised in a good Chritian home and turned to drugs i 9th grade. After almost 15 years of life wasted I found NA. After joining NA I started to attend church. Now a few months into RC I have found a whole new way of life. Upon starting recovery I prayed t God to fill this void in my life. Then I got a Evader outta the blue. It looked fun! Well now 16 months clean life is great! I completely love life now. At 30 I feel like drugs and that horrible life style I lived is over thanks to my Savior and this great hobby

Addict to RCaddict! I love it!

Welcome back brother! We missed you in the kingdom! Its gonna be awesome to hear the stories of how you help others that were in your situation overcome addiction and hear how you help them turn their lives around!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Thumbs up

Im glad to be back! And I cant help but to praise the lord for what he's done for me in my active addiction. I have been so close to death a few times and walked away everytime. Now that I clean and think back Im so greatful that his hand was on my shoulder through that dark walk in life. It truely is the "Foot Prints" story! I was in an accident where my friend passed due to injury substained in that wreck. I walked away! I was mugged and severly beatin trying to buy drugs in a bad neiborhood. I had 4 scull fractures, my face was completely crushed on the right side. My scull around my left eardrum was completely crushed from them DDT's and stomping on my head against a curb by four men. I watched this on the cities police survelance camera's. I have no memories of this day or month for that matter. They told my wife and family that I more than likily wouldnt survive. I had bad swelling and hemeraging on the brain. And if I was to pull through I would be mentally handicapt and deaf in the left ear. I saw this tape in court and seen pics of myself while in the hospital(scary stuff) and by the grace of God Im completely healed. No more head aches, disfigurement, hearing damage(this amazed the surgens), etc.!! After being released from the hospital I thought about life and my wife and child. And how I walked away from this completely healed. Praise God almighty! He truely "saved a wretch like me" ! This was the starting point of my recovery. And at NA I take my trucks and let guys give them a run and invite them to our local track or to come bash with me. I credit NA alot for where Im at, but I layed my life down to God and prayed for him to take the evil away from me and help guide me in a new path. My God has completely saved my life. He gave me this great hobby to fill the gap left from my drug use. Even in the hard financial times Ive faced over the last year and a half Ive NEVER gone without anything. He protects me and takes care of my family. I went through lots of jobs in the years of my use and it was hard to find work for some while. But somehow I was always OK! But I try to explain to NA members that God is GREAT and he will lift them of there burdens if they just ask for his help and believe. Like he has done for me. But thank you for welcoming me into the forum and I look forword to making freinds with a good group of people who share my beliefs and love of RC. And I have to ask...
Where can I get a few of the decals?? I would love to promote him at the track! But I'll be back! TTYL guys
Old 08-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

MAN what a compelling story RCAddict! WOW!

No doubt God is touching others lives through you!

Go over to the Team holy rollers thread and hit up Tmail55, he is president of THR! He will hook you up with some stickers and stuff!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RCaddict0
I praise God for bringing you out of the bad and into the light. The people that God will influence through you. Praise God!
Old 08-13-2010, 04:30 AM
SPN
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 201 (100%+)

Awesome stuff RCaddict0

That really comforts me to hear your story. One of my best friends of over 22 years is struggling with drug addiction. He is currently in rehab. He's been saved and he's turning his life around and really expressing a new relationship with Christ. Your story give me hope that my friend will be just like you. Please pray for my buddy Jake as he continues his year long program.

I love the song blessed be the name. It has helped me in my journey and It brings many awesome memories

Carey

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.