Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

JP engines

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Seeing how the jp tl3-t and nova max xxl3 are the same price what would be the better motor to get for large tracks. top end revs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last season i used the tl3 tuned, but i was really disappointed about the power it made, switched halfway the season back to a fx12 euro 06(best engine ever)
Then bought a RB r3 RC, this was a lot better then the eagle, but didn't liked the way it delivers the power.
For the 09 season i bought a cheap tuned first line jp, which i will mod till euro 06 specs and i will try a xxl3, because i hear nothing but good about it.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

what was it about the powerband that you didnt like i though that the tl3 was supose to have a lot of top end. But then again you are talking about the tl3 not the tl3-t the tl3-t is faster because it was more crank work done to it.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

I am talking about the tl3-t, as is said tuned. It has some work done on the porting, has a matched piston and liner and a ceramic rear bearing.
The JP motor comes short on top end and low end torque compared to the rb r3 RC. It was almost impossible to pass the guys who where running the same laptimes but where using the R3 RC.
Because of it did i tried the RB, but it delivers the power quite harsh. JP engines are very linear in delivering the power.
Now i will try the Max xxl3, max engines usually have great top end and are very reliable.
Plus in hong kong i can order it for a pretty good price including pipe.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

you are wrong again because tl3-t has nothing to do with tuned the t refers to the turbo cut on the crank bell. the tl3-t is roar-ifmar legal where the tl3 is efmar leagl euro the tl3t like i said has more work done to the crank but both motors are modified the same other than the little more work done to the tl3-t. And where i race at the tl3t holds the top speed record at 68mph for .12s the so your motor i not tuned corretly the rbrc does have more bottomend yes but it does not have more topend jps are known for there top end they do lack so bottom end but when it comes to topend speed they are second to none!!!!!!!!! you need to do some more research before you comment on something. and by the way the murnanmodifed rb r3 is a lot faster than the rbrc it has more bottomend and more top end
Old 01-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Everyone uses the turbo version, since it's allowed under efra rules aswell, i do aswell.
The only place they use the non-turbo engines is in france, that's why JP still makes them.
And if it's the fastest on your track then buy it, that's pretty easy.
The FX type JP's had a really good top end but the Eagle's just disappointed me.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HoboShop
Seeing how the jp tl3-t and nova max xxl3 are the same price what would be the better motor to get for large tracks. top end revs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do you post questions like that if you think you know all the answers anyway?

You just looking for somebody to flame?

If you ask people for their opinion, then don't come back and lecture them if their opinion isn't the same than your own.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

I have a dummy question for you guyz!!!
Should a ceramic bearibg thrust and ceramic bearing set for clutch bell with a good lube for them to DESCREASE the engine's temperature??
We all know that centax is the heart of the car and most for engine!!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Why do you post questions like that if you think you know all the answers anyway?

You just looking for somebody to flame?

If you ask people for their opinion, then don't come back and lecture them if their opinion isn't the same than your own.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

No harm was meant its all in fun
Old 01-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by staikosn1
I have a dummy question for you guyz!!!
Should a ceramic bearibg thrust and ceramic bearing set for clutch bell with a good lube for them to DESCREASE the engine's temperature??
We all know that centax is the heart of the car and most for engine!!
Clutchbearings are standing still when the clutch is engaged at higher rpms and that is where the engine is making his temperature. So no, those bearings have no influence on the temperature of the engine.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

your tune on the motor was way off because i have both the to3-t fx jp ceramic and the jp eagle tl3t .12 while the jp to3-t is a very fast motor and to this day is still one of the fastest motors out there it is not faster than the eagle. while the eagle doesnt have as much bottomend as the rbr3,+12sct, or 353 it does have more bottom than the fx t03-t and it also has more top end but the to3-t gets better gas mileage. there are alot of fast motors on the market a trust me either i have it or i have driven it and there is not a motor on the market that has the topend revs!!!!!!!! that the eagle is capable of produceing.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HoboShop
your tune on the motor was way off because i have both the to3-t fx jp ceramic and the jp eagle tl3t .12 while the jp to3-t is a very fast motor and to this day is still one of the fastest motors out there it is not faster than the eagle. while the eagle doesnt have as much bottomend as the rbr3,+12sct, or 353 it does have more bottom than the fx t03-t and it also has more top end but the to3-t gets better gas mileage. there are alot of fast motors on the market a trust me either i have it or i have driven it and there is not a motor on the market that has the topend revs!!!!!!!! that the eagle is capable of produceing.

Can you say that and for the P3L black modified engine??
Old 01-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Where can you purchase rods for the .12 eagle, or what others will work?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by staikosn1
Can you say that and for the P3L black modified engine??
The p3l black mod is exactly the same as the fx12 mod, they only changed the piston which wears out a bit quicker.

@ osiris Every .12 nova based rod will fit, the only motor which uses a different rod is the 353 race. So you can get a .12 rod from JP, RB, Max or nova.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.