R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-21-2004, 04:34 PM   #196
Tech Addict

Finally got to race my JP FX 3 last night.

It was starting to get quicker all night.

I have a quick question.

How much run time have you guys been getting out of your FX-3
the mod model with cerm bearing.

And do you get more power with out the resrictor in the carb, and hows run time with out resrictor.
Ybakoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:27 PM   #197
Tech Adept

Default metal handle

Hello out there,

Could anyone tell me who make a metal brace and handle for the MTX3 which is similar to the 1/8th on road. The plastic kit handle is too fragile. An internet site would be helpful.

Thanks
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #198
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by gonzoY5
So then tell me, if fuel is a solvent, then what should we use to run the engine?...............
Liquid fuel is the problem. Make sure its dry after running! If you leave it with fuel in it will damage the silicon

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 02:45 PM   #199
Tech Adept

Default metal handle

sorry guys.....wrong thread !!!
Old 08-22-2004, 03:28 PM   #200
Tech Regular

God i love this engine. I had the silicone replaced by someone locally and have had no more problems with it. The evil ingredient was Marvel Mystery Oil. That crap is a detergent I believe. Oh well, my bad. Haven't put it in since then. NOW, been through 3 races with it and man this thing is fast. I have the Stock version of the T03 and it's as fast as the MOD version at my track. The only one that has more top end at my track seems to be a RB V12 Rody Mod so I'm pretty satisfied. Heard guys asking to get leaned out after I'd catch them during the main Only problem today was the ambient temp really changed during the main, I was running a 7C and the rain clouds and cooled down the track about 10*F and suddenly my idle went to crap and so did my mileage. I'm still getting the hang of the turbo plugs. My initial thoughts were to change the plug to a 6C before the main 'cuz I knew the clouds would come during the main, but i second guessed myself and listened to some other track experts and kept what I had. And sure enough, every else had the same problem during the main. OH well....Live and Learn. I still won the main. i was up by 4 laps and came in for a splash and the thing quit. By the time I got started again, 2nd place had caught up to me, But I managed to stay ahead for the final couple of minutes. I love this motor. Stock and All. I'd recommend it to anyone.
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 02:27 AM   #201
Tech Addict

Default JP Run in

i have just bought a new JP FX03 and i have run in 1 ltr of 5% nitro and castor oil and it run great, now i have run it in and i use the standard 15% synthetic fuel it now runs very slow struggling to get to top revs is this just because of the different oils?
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 05:27 AM   #202
Tech Addict

You should run the motor in on the fuel you are going to race with.
Ybakoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:07 AM   #203
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by gonzoY5
God i love this engine. I had the silicone replaced by someone locally and have had no more problems with it. The evil ingredient was Marvel Mystery Oil. That crap is a detergent I believe. Oh well, my bad. Haven't put it in since then. NOW, been through 3 races with it and man this thing is fast. I have the Stock version of the T03 and it's as fast as the MOD version at my track. The only one that has more top end at my track seems to be a RB V12 Rody Mod so I'm pretty satisfied. Heard guys asking to get leaned out after I'd catch them during the main Only problem today was the ambient temp really changed during the main, I was running a 7C and the rain clouds and cooled down the track about 10*F and suddenly my idle went to crap and so did my mileage. I'm still getting the hang of the turbo plugs. My initial thoughts were to change the plug to a 6C before the main 'cuz I knew the clouds would come during the main, but i second guessed myself and listened to some other track experts and kept what I had. And sure enough, every else had the same problem during the main. OH well....Live and Learn. I still won the main. i was up by 4 laps and came in for a splash and the thing quit. By the time I got started again, 2nd place had caught up to me, But I managed to stay ahead for the final couple of minutes. I love this motor. Stock and All. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Why do you change the plug if the ambient changes? The description on the plug is for the combuston temp. Hot for high combustion and low nitro and cold for high nitro low combutioin. I never had a problem with ambient

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:29 AM   #204
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Why do you change the plug if the ambient changes? The description on the plug is for the combuston temp. Hot for high combustion and low nitro and cold for high nitro low combutioin. I never had a problem with ambient

Cheers
Not totally correct. Different plugs can be used for various different purposes. Change in the ambient temperature affects the engine temperature at a given needle setting. This in turn alters how the nitro burns at the given needle settings or engine temp and the change in burn rate of the nitro can retard or advance the timing of the engine. Changing the plug is the only way to counter these changes while retaining as close to the same needle settings for optimum performance.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:11 AM   #205
Tech Addict

Default Temp

Hi guys
were are you taking your temps from on the engine (eg case, top of cooling head etc etc)
Old 08-27-2004, 09:09 AM   #206
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Temp

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Hi guys
were are you taking your temps from on the engine (eg case, top of cooling head etc etc)
Most often the temperature is read directly above the glowplug but some people take it from the cylinder head, the side of the casing etc.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 11:08 AM   #207
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to MjDynasty23

how the jp to3 .12? u guys have its stats canit comepete withthe mugen x12
MjDynasty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:51 AM   #208
Tech Adept

Default JP P/S set

Hi Guys,

Would the new fx series 2.11cc P/S set and conrod fit in a nova rossi base engine such as the nsr 12 5 port ?

Thanks

xtreme888
Old 09-02-2004, 02:02 AM   #209
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandeira
Just ran my engine this weekend and I have mixed feelings about it... It gave my great low-rpm response but only that... Maybe it is not already fully broken in... I made about 10 tanks with my break in fuel and nad about 6 more with 16% fuel and it stil hasn't came to life...

So.. what I did, just put my NovaMax back and made the quals and finals.. Man, what a superb engine!!!

cheers...
Has it come to life yet?

I am having the same problem with my JP is this normal? my RR L3 would eat this engine for breakfast! I have run about 15 tanks through it and it is lacking in power!
Old 09-02-2004, 06:03 AM   #210
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira

Didn't have time to run it since then... I live just 400miles away from the track... So expect an answer after September 12th...

Just in time... Have ou guys already ran the IDM??? Wad about?
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote