R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-20-2004, 05:45 AM   #166
Tech Regular

Quote:
DAMN....I jinxed myself. Not half hour after I wrote my last post, I ran the engine and the red silicone used inside the crankshaft has come off. Nothing else seems to have been damaged as It happened at slow speed, but DAMN...engine will be out of commission and I haven't even raced it. Let's see how JP fixes this issue for me.
Well I'd like to report that Mugen will replace the crankshaft for me. I called em up and they simply told me to ship them the crank with a letter explaining what happened and they'll send me a new one back. They were very helpful. It sucks that it happened but at least Mugen is taking care of it.
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:11 AM   #167
Tech Addict

How have the Fx-3 being going, Still havent had a chance to fire mine up yet..
Ybakoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:31 AM   #168
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Mine ran great this past weekend, in 90+ degree heat it was running at 225. On a tight technical track that I have limited experience on, I qualified 14th, finished the B in 2nd. bumping to the A main. Started 10th in the A and after 30 mins. finished 5th.

This is one of the best engines I've ever had, and stock! It has no fangs on the ports at all, and runs with modifieds.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 06:05 AM   #169
Tech Fanatic

Just run the new JP in for this weekends state titles and all I've got to say is WOW
Runnertime
Hudy
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 07:01 AM   #170
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira

Just ran my engine this weekend and I have mixed feelings about it... It gave my great low-rpm response but only that... Maybe it is not already fully broken in... I made about 10 tanks with my break in fuel and nad about 6 more with 16% fuel and it stil hasn't came to life...

So.. what I did, just put my NovaMax back and made the quals and finals.. Man, what a superb engine!!!

cheers...

Last edited by Bandeira; 07-29-2004 at 09:47 AM.
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:46 AM   #171
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira

Just ran my engine this weekend and I have mixed feelings about it... It gave my great low-rpm response but only that... Maybe it is not already fully broken in... I made about 10 tanks with my break in fuel and nad about 6 more with 16% fuel and it stil hasn't came to life...

So.. what I did, just put my NovaMax back and made the quals and finals.. Man, what a superb engine!!!

cheers...

__ SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST___ UNABLE TO DELETE THE SECOND ONE...
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 01:38 AM   #172
Tech Fanatic

I would like to retract the previous statement about the new JP FX3. This motor gave me nothing but trouble all weekend at our state titles. They are a waste of money, and the quality control on the motors is not very good at all( this is just my opion). I saw 3 of these motor damaged, and another few eat conrods like there was no tomorow. So guys I won't bother buying one again.
Runnertime
Hudy
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 12:08 AM   #173
Tech Master

Default FX 12 T-03 (S)

Mine has been running great, and I've been very happy with it's power and performance.

However, the ramp they put in the crank came out today, and the engine wouldn't run, pulled the air filter off and saw telltale red paricles, and after removing the carb., you could see where the silicone, or whatever it is they use, has dislodged and is blocking the crankshaft opening.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #174
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Now there are 2 incidences with the silicone coming off the crank. It might be better to remove the silicone?
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:52 AM   #175
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by vadn1
Now there are 2 incidences with the silicone coming off the crank. It might be better to remove the silicone?
2 out of ...............?
All Fx's on my track are doing great, no problems here.
Also did you read your FX-instructionguide?
Schrijver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #176
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Schrijver99
2 out of ...............?
All Fx's on my track are doing great, no problems here.
Also did you read your FX-instructionguide?
No I cant read French. But I will figure it out.

I was asking Would it be okay to remove the red paste from the crank, then there would be no worries about the paste coming off during a race.

Last edited by vadn1; 08-02-2004 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:11 PM   #177
Tech Master

The paste is a performance mod, the engine will run just fine without it, but it flows the fuel down the crank better with it.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Old 08-02-2004, 10:09 PM   #178
Tech Fanatic

Red,
when I saw the crank and how it was put in there, I can see that is was just for that to push or guide the air and fuel down the crank better, but what im trying to get at is, at the moment the red paste in your engs is off and blocking the end of the crankshaft. Well removing it will not allow that to happen, just looking at it as preventative damage. Stop it from happening all together.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:24 AM   #179
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by vadn1
Ad two more to that!

There were two seperate incidents at my local track and both were also JP's.

I wonder if the factory installed silicone "ramps" in the Rex and Top engines will do the same thing.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:11 PM   #180
Tech Rookie

I have a JP racing (novarossi) .21 BX21 1Bk black engine that I got from a friend on trade. It has never been used and he's had it for a while. Does anyone know anything about this engine?? He said it is one of the best engines??? How much was this new USD if they sold them here because he thinks it came from Italy and they didn't sell them here??? any info on this engine?? How much power should I expect compared to my worlds s7 rb??? anyone?????????

thanks..
cobrasnake302 is offline   Reply With Quote