R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-20-2004, 11:08 AM   #601
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

I guess you did
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:32 AM   #602
Tech Fanatic

Hey Palmaris, have you checked your mail recently? I replied to your mail... You were going to get back to me with prices.

Maybe we will see Palmaris Africa as my name soon?
BaxterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:37 AM   #603
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Did you get your PS12?
HE SURE DID!!

Can't wait to see them fly!!
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:01 PM   #604
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
HE SURE DID!!

Can't wait to see them fly!!
Oh well....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:51 PM   #605
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by BaxterC
Hey Palmaris, have you checked your mail recently? I replied to your mail... You were going to get back to me with prices.

Maybe we will see Palmaris Africa as my name soon?
Hey, sorry, I didn't get that mail. Can you please repeat it?
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:22 PM   #606
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hey, sorry, I didn't get that mail. Can you please repeat it?
No problem, I will send it again... Thank you for the response. I really like this engine. Tell me, what would it cost to replace the Piston and sleeve set?
Old 04-21-2004, 12:20 AM   #607
Tech Elite

Quote:
No problem, I will send it again... Thank you for the response. I really like this engine. Tell me, what would it cost to replace the Piston and sleeve set?
To replace p/s set will costs the same as any conventional engine. Arround $110-120 ( which will include Cylinder, piston, conrod, wrist pin, clips). One of the most important goal is to be fair!!!!!!
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:53 AM   #608
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
To replace p/s set will costs the same as any conventional engine. Arround $110-120 ( which will include Cylinder, piston, conrod, wrist pin, clips). One of the most important goal is to be fair!!!!!!
Agreed, this is great... It is a good price considdereng that the whole cylinder is replaced, as the sleeve and cylinder are the same. What about pipes. What is recommended for good al round power, maybe more on the higher end side. Can one use a normal pipe, or do you have a specific pipe you prefer one to use, How are the carbs, have they been manufactured?

To make a motor last longer, have you thought of playing with a ringed motor? Maybe a .12 with a straight chrome cylinder with rings?
Old 04-21-2004, 02:18 AM   #609
Tech Elite

Quote:
Agreed, this is great... It is a good price considdereng that the whole cylinder is replaced, as the sleeve and cylinder are the same. What about pipes. What is recommended for good al round power, maybe more on the higher end side. Can one use a normal pipe, or do you have a specific pipe you prefer one to use, How are the carbs, have they been manufactured?

To make a motor last longer, have you thought of playing with a ringed motor? Maybe a .12 with a straight chrome cylinder with rings?
About pipe,we try different and I personaly found Mugen Europe is realy good pipe ( made In Germany), it is the same as Yokomo which basecaly you can buy everywhere now. I didn't try new RD logcs yet, but everybody says it is good. I need to try. Also that pipe which Chri was using at Revelation was realy good too ( Iknow it is Japanise brand, but don't remember name. I will ask Chris)
carbs not manufactured yet, we still on experimenting level. I realy don't want to bring something if I am not sure it is the best what I can do, so we still need some time. One fact can tell you, may be it is unbelivable, but we were running with STS carb and it was working just great.
BTW, it is not neccessary replace the whole cylinder-in many cases if there are no scratches on chrome, I can just put new piston and conrod on worn out engine, it is much cheaper.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:50 AM   #610
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
About pipe,we try different and I personaly found Mugen Europe is realy good pipe ( made In Germany), it is the same as Yokomo which basecaly you can buy everywhere now. I didn't try new RD logcs yet, but everybody says it is good. I need to try. Also that pipe which Chri was using at Revelation was realy good too ( Iknow it is Japanise brand, but don't remember name. I will ask Chris)
carbs not manufactured yet, we still on experimenting level. I realy don't want to bring something if I am not sure it is the best what I can do, so we still need some time. One fact can tell you, may be it is unbelivable, but we were running with STS carb and it was working just great.
BTW, it is not neccessary replace the whole cylinder-in many cases if there are no scratches on chrome, I can just put new piston and conrod on worn out engine, it is much cheaper.
I used the "Charge" pipe and Kawahara manifold.
Is quite short , makes good RPM.
Also used STS legal carb. Works good too.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:14 AM   #611
Tech Regular

Soo,

Any news on the P/S sets for NS3:s?
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:23 AM   #612
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Great... I thought that the sleave wore out too, if this is the thing, then great.. THANK YOU!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 11:34 PM   #613
Tech Elite

Quote:
Great... I thought that the sleave wore out too, if this is the thing, then great.. THANK YOU!!!
You are very welcome.
Where is email? ( which you suposed to recend)
Old 04-21-2004, 11:34 PM   #614
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fmolzer
Soo,

Any news on the P/S sets for NS3:s?
Sorry!!
Old 04-21-2004, 11:36 PM   #615
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hey Palmaris Europe, and Top Gun 777... I have sent you a mail last night, Let me know if you got it, I sent it to teammpp