R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 02-16-2004, 07:57 AM   #391
Tech Fanatic

do you have brb piston @ sleve sets for ns rossi based engines
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:04 AM   #392
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ilaybrk
do you have brb piston @ sleve sets for ns rossi based engines
YGPM, please check it.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:17 AM   #393
Tech Fanatic

thanks
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:02 AM   #394
Tech Adept

Default BRB p/s

Hi Edward (Top Gun 777 ),

Could you tell me if the brb p and s set will fit in the rr12l5, and where will i expect the increase in performance. Would like to tried out a p/s set from you.

thanks

philip, UK
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:11 AM   #395
Tech Master

Hi Philip,

Not sure if the current P/S sets will fit the RR series. They are designed to fit the short stroke engines (RB, RS12, NS12, JP etc). But we will more than likely have a Long Stroke set available shortly.

For Uk and European enquiries please send an email to:

[email protected]

Later.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:25 AM   #396
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hey Randy, we got work to do.
Put please your GT4 together, engyne is read to kick some ass.
I got set back on my GT4, I got a glitch in my EP sedan, and on top of that, the servo went dead, so I had to take the throttle servo out of my GT4 to use on my SD. On top of that, rather than a nice tax return this year, I owe a nice chunk of change so I'm kinda screwed for the month of Feb.

If you'd like to bring your Mugen out to the RCHeat race this sunday, I'd be happy to pilot it in the gas class. Check out RCHeat.com for race details.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 04:41 PM   #397
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wanted to give a quick thank you to Edward and the Palmaris team for all the help at the Winternats. It was great finally getting to meet him. It was a great race although pretty frustrating. One of these I'm actually going to drive to my potential at one of these things!!! I was fortunate enough to drive one of the prototype PS12's for the week. It is an awesome engine and never skipped a beat. It kept getting faster as the week wore on and we learned some things about it. Edward was nice enough to let me bring it back to TX with me for the 1st Southwest Conference Series race in San Antonio this weekend. I'll try to post more about the engine later.

It was also great to meet some of the other RCTech heads, Leo, Peter, Stefan, Corse-R and Ron. Hope I get the opportunity to race with you all again soon!!
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 04:46 PM   #398
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Modellor ...

Can you and your "Palmaris Team" post an opinnion about your engines after the winternationals as a "developer" vision ? ...

Im waiting to receive news about when those engines will be available for common people ...

cya "

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 05:10 PM   #399
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Tabushi
Modellor ...

Can you and your "Palmaris Team" post an opinnion about your engines after the winternationals as a "developer" vision ? ...

Im waiting to receive news about when those engines will be available for common people ...

cya "
I can give you my opinion. Firts of all, we spent more then gallon of fuel to brak in every engine and still nothing was worn out, so I just take lapping tool and laped to desired size. Engines were running as Todd says, every tank faster and faster. We faced real problem when we found all team is in one heat of qualifying, it was sort of jock, but no crying. I was running between 4 cars and it was real hot days for all of us.
I got opinion from different people who was watchuing engine on track and all of them pointed those engines are realy hot. So we will see how they will perform in next couple of weeks.
Availability is about within 4-6 weeks for first batch ( non team).
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:13 PM   #400
wad
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default top gun 777

please check your pm
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 05:34 PM   #401
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default Winternats

Hey guys, Just getting back into the swing of things back at the home front. its great to get back to the family and at the same time i will miss hanging out with the rest of the team. I want to tell all of you that this week was one of the best times(except for the occasial heat we tried to complete lol) , We truly had a good time. if any of you want to visit south florida any other time you are more than welcome at our home. keep your engynes running smooth Todd good luck this weekend and let us know the outcome. Thanks again talk to you soon Peter
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 05:36 PM   #402
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

The Palmaris engine is a real gem.

I had it in my car for one day and she ran great until we made a wrong tuning choice. After Erdward put it back to the original configuration, she was screaming again.

The P12 has a wonderful powerband, real smooth torque, very drivable. Top speed was improved with a simple gearing change

Edward had his hands full and was certainly not expecting to have all his engines in one heat.

Also, the race schedule left us with VERY little track time and when you got on you could only run one tank at a time (no fuel bottles inside the fence). This made it very hard to really work on the engine setup, it was a guessing game.

For that reason, I went to my SX12 with Edward's BRB sleeve set and it was one of the fastest engines out there AND it made 5 minutes.

IMHO, the P12 will be a force to reckon with once Edward gets abit more track time w/o the stress of the Winternats.

Thanks for letting me try it out Edward.

For everybody who has a worn out Nova Rossi based engine, you need to try the BRB or aluminum sleeve, these things are NASTY
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:18 PM   #403
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
The Palmaris engine is a real gem.

I had it in my car for one day and she ran great until we made a wrong tuning choice. After Erdward put it back to the original configuration, she was screaming again.

The P12 has a wonderful powerband, real smooth torque, very drivable. Top speed was improved with a simple gearing change

Edward had his hands full and was certainly not expecting to have all his engines in one heat.

Also, the race schedule left us with VERY little track time and when you got on you could only run one tank at a time (no fuel bottles inside the fence). This made it very hard to really work on the engine setup, it was a guessing game.

For that reason, I went to my SX12 with Edward's BRB sleeve set and it was one of the fastest engines out there AND it made 5 minutes.

IMHO, the P12 will be a force to reckon with once Edward gets abit more track time w/o the stress of the Winternats.

Thanks for letting me try it out Edward.

For everybody who has a worn out Nova Rossi based engine, you need to try the BRB or aluminum sleeve, these things are NASTY
Hi Stefan, thanks a lot to you running one of the engines. yeh, that was a mistake to squise more head volume-from mild to wild. But got mistake on time. Any way under that stress nothing gave up inside, so it still in perfect condition. Checked yesterday night-everything looks like new.
I will try it on Revelation in 2 weeks, let's see what will be happened.
I got very interesting info. New NovaMega pipe TP06 is realy good development and sugest to try it-doesn't heart bottom end and top end just inmprove to compare with RD logic and old version of REX and NovaMegas. I got one from Fast and Feriuse and studied yesterday-seems for me very promissing. Topdd run it on his car, just blowing thing.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:23 PM   #404
Tech Apprentice

Are these engines similar to yours?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 108132312004.jpg (94.5 KB, 224 views)
PSI Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:32 PM   #405
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racer
Are these engines similar to yours?
Seems like similar by block design, but they have sleeve and mine doesn't. The whole idea was to get rid of sleeve-too many problem from it.
This is look like prototypes we used to make in 80's. It was easier to make machined case, to check porting work, but since casting technology went forward, now it doesn't make sence to go for machined case. Still some kids back in Russia do this way, but only on the beggining.