R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2009, 03:05 AM   #46
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post

...........Not like you and few guys only know criticize others here....

destroy me.

Dude, I didn't know you and I hadn't met you, how you know my stuff very well even that I don't know. Obviously you are afraid I am going to complete with you because my brother has a hobby shop in Hong Kong.

I am American and living in USA.

I still have a good and busy job is waiting for me to do in weekdays...

I also knew those people are jealous........

If those people are good and offer everybody a lesson, I believe everybody would support that. Just come out to say other is bad and without anything, folks will leave you definitely.

Be a polite and humble person would be more practical.
"any Doctor in the house,..... we need a doctor"

u said I criticized your mod .. "illusion" ( doctor hurry!!!)... or you should re-read what I said.

People here were talking about 2 stroke engine's theory and modification that have worked before (may be not all ). since you like to show u have mod engines before, why not join instead of saying you have mod 300s engines, university degree, busy at work, you r American and people are jealous of u (doctor could he make it)!

Lesson no. 2.
__________________
Nitro-x Tomorrow Fuel today
Blitz body the champion choice
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:07 AM   #47
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,290
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post
You'd better go to produce your own engine, dude!
Oh yes, we are busy and you can learn a lot of it.....
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:47 AM   #48
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

this thread has certainly opened my eyes.
i modify my own engines, and i do some for certain friends, i dont make money by doing, i just enjoy doing it. so for me ill never post a pic of my work
every day you learn things, wether it be this hobby or at your business. to say you cant learn anything, then it is complaincency, and your just close to tripping up due to it.
my mates enjoy the work, and they always say its an improvement over the original engine, but i guess these guys are my R&D. i dont go stupid with timings, as generally they are looking for something more from the engine, wether it be bottom or top or fuel milage. so my work will stay off these forums, cause i enjoy it. i wouldnt enjoy it so much if i got bombarded like this. it was a simple post for a certain person. so good luck to all , and may everyone enjoy the hobby
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #49
Tech Master
 
godzukihop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
this thread has certainly opened my eyes.
i modify my own engines, and i do some for certain friends, i dont make money by doing, i just enjoy doing it. so for me ill never post a pic of my work
every day you learn things, wether it be this hobby or at your business. to say you cant learn anything, then it is complaincency, and your just close to tripping up due to it.
my mates enjoy the work, and they always say its an improvement over the original engine, but i guess these guys are my R&D. i dont go stupid with timings, as generally they are looking for something more from the engine, wether it be bottom or top or fuel milage. so my work will stay off these forums, cause i enjoy it. i wouldnt enjoy it so much if i got bombarded like this. it was a simple post for a certain person. so good luck to all , and may everyone enjoy the hobby
Great post!!! All of these know it all's from the prior post are just miserable no self esteem people. I will repeat if they had good intentions they would have sent either Benny or myself a PM. One of them lives to bash or bad mouth anyhing he can. I approached Benny about the hyper .12 motor. I read on some of his prior post where he described the same issues I had with the motor and he seemed to have alot of experiance with the motor. I have never met or even spoke to Benny on the phone. His intentions are not money motivated. He truly enjoys RC and offered to help someone he did not know or ever met, just a rookie dealing with problems that he already solved. When I get the motor I will post the outcome. Good or bad I owe Benny.
godzukihop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #50
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: toulouse/france
Posts: 542
Default

Hello from France,

why always be only critics?

Sure, if you're looking to the work done by Blee, it's seem to be only polishing and not tuned. (bu, attention, it's only pictures...)

But, the work is nice, and if he had customers, why are you so agressive??

I prefer he sells his products better he close his work...

Why are we always jealous???

Definitvly, I have some problems to understand american people!!!

Here's some sheet for database....










Au revoir.
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #51
Tech Master
 
godzukihop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romuald31 View Post
Hello from France,

why always be only critics?

Sure, if you're looking to the work done by Blee, it's seem to be only polishing and not tuned. (bu, attention, it's only pictures...)

But, the work is nice, and if he had customers, why are you so agressive??

I prefer he sells his products better he close his work...

Why are we always jealous???

Definitvly, I have some problems to understand american people!!!

Here's some sheet for database....










Au revoir.
Thank you for your thoughts, means a great deal coming from somebody with a great dael of knowledge that does not feel the need to put others down to feel better. Please do not judge all Americans by the actions of a few, as a matter of fact the 2 biggest critics are not American. I have seen Roelof post here and the X-RAY forum and have a great deal of respect of his experiance and knowledge, just not a fan of his people skills.
godzukihop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #52
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: toulouse/france
Posts: 542
Default

You're right, I apologize.

We have also a lot of stupid guys in france (the biggest, humm, maybee our président!!!)

I prefer to share, but if I allways be attacked, I will certainly stop sharing, Blee don(t stop sharing your vision of modelism...

Au revoir
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #53
Tech Master
 
JetMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 1,172
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

3 of the loudest critics on here are not American.
__________________
www.vorra.org

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #54
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Switzerland, Europe
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romuald31 View Post
Hello from France,

why always be only critics?

Sure, if you're looking to the work done by Blee, it's seem to be only polishing and not tuned. (bu, attention, it's only pictures...)

But, the work is nice, and if he had customers, why are you so agressive??

I prefer he sells his products better he close his work...

Why are we always jealous???

Definitvly, I have some problems to understand american people!!!

Here's some sheet for database....


Au revoir.
I'm sure Blee don't know how to read the 3 pages of specs you just posted, all he does is polish the internals, he is an engine detailer but call himself a modifier
__________________
ich weiß
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #55
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,290
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

And as you can see on the 1st page of this topic people have interest in this kind of work probably not knowing it will not boost the performance in a significant way.

My opinion is that people must know where their pay for....
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:26 AM   #56
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

In my opinion, if you are show casing your work here on this forum, you will have to be prepared to answer questions or even face criticism.

In this particular case, it was clearly visible from the pictures, that there was no substantial work done to this engine, other than polishing.
Sorry if Blee and some other people don't like it, but it is a fact.

It's also a fact, that you cannot raise the performance of an engine in any noticeable way, without changing the induction timing and the sleeve timing.

It only got ugly, when Blee was trying to sell his polishing work as real modification and told us that he had "modified" more than 300 engines.

Sorry, but I have been modding engines for almost 6 years now and I have probably done 50 (all none commercially).

I have seen this kind of "modifying" countless times and a lot of times this is all the customers look for. Shiny internals. It's like a placebo, if it's shiny, it's gotta be faster.

I have seen a lot of really fast engines, also factory engines and none of them were polished.

So, I would summarize it as follows:

Blee, if your customers are happy with what you are doing, than all is good.
Keep going!

If you wanna show your work on a forum like RCTech,where you will meet a lot of people who know how to modify engines, be prepared to answer questions about it.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #57
Tech Regular
 
blee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Covina, California, USA
Posts: 253
Default

Thank you for supporting, friends!

A lot of weird, impolite and non-respectful people in this world and we cannot prevent that since god create different people in order to make the world having more colors.

However, those unfriendly people would be left by major eventually.

I have modified engine for over 10 years……… for modified 300s engines is not a big deal (30 engines per year averagely). If I really rely on this for my living, I would disappear in the world many years ago. So you guys could save your time for other business attacking even my work is pretty outstanding.

Since I love engine modification, I even bought a website domain and develop my own stickers. Stickers are really not cheap, a letter size sticker sheet cost me US$20 and I have to order 20 at a time at least.

Those people thought I have stickers that meant I am in business and tried to destroy me, it is really ridiculous. Actually they knew nothing other than criticizing, tons of US folks have own website and stickers on their hobbies. If you have chance go to surfing, folks build own surfing board and put their stickers/decals (also website domain printed) on the board. They even have their own T-shirts and have decals on their cars. Other hobbies have same practice as well.

As a lot of rctech members PM me about helping them to modify their engines, since some engine may need a lot of job (especially on crankshaft), I declined their request because I really do not have time to do that. Sorry guys!

On the other hand, if I am an engine manufacturer, I would answer all kind of stupid questions. Since I do not represent any factory, it is not necessary to tell what I have done behind the pictures.

My engine modification is based on my testing and experience. Those who always talk about timing are really BS anyhow. This topic/problem has been resolved by the factories when they put the engines into the packaging. Even the timing could be changed; it’s only talking about 0.00XX inches cutting, that cutting I really don’t want to mention.

As I said, since mass production could not keep stable and consistent quality……… fine tuned modification may help to push the engine to expected limit. (A $100 engine really hard to beat a $400 engine honestly; however I still modify those cheap engines in order to grow my experience and knowledge….. recently my brother told me my modified Tamiya engines which mounted on an old TG10MK2 chassis could beat his friend’s NT-1 which equipped with Nova NS12 engine.) If people have chance to have one of my engine, then they should know what is the different when comparing with the original.

Polishing is necessary since those areas has been cut or modified. Polishing is the only method to cover those ugly cutting marks. And I like to polish as a mirror like, whether is necessary, it is up to you.

Since our country (USA) is the largest and major market in the world, that’s why all guys come up to here and express their thinking. It’s a good thing anyhow……… however they always forget to be polite and humble and doing in a wrong way when they are crazy and tried to complete others on business. They always like to criticize others without any solid support and I saw this happen again and again for many years. I would understand but I do not appreciate that.

You guys cannot destroy me anyhow, save your time; and I will keep posting my engine jobs here.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #58
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,167
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
In my opinion, if you are show casing your work here on this forum, you will have to be prepared to answer questions or even face criticism.

In this particular case, it was clearly visible from the pictures, that there was no substantial work done to this engine, other than polishing.
Sorry if Blee and some other people don't like it, but it is a fact.

It's also a fact, that you cannot raise the performance of an engine in any noticeable way, without changing the induction timing and the sleeve timing.

It only got ugly, when Blee was trying to sell his polishing work as real modification and told us that he had "modified" more than 300 engines.

Sorry, but I have been modding engines for almost 6 years now and I have probably done 50 (all none commercially).

I have seen this kind of "modifying" countless times and a lot of times this is all the customers look for. Shiny internals. It's like a placebo, if it's shiny, it's gotta be faster.

I have seen a lot of really fast engines, also factory engines and none of them were polished.

So, I would summarize it as follows:

Blee, if your customers are happy with what you are doing, than all is good.
Keep going!

If you wanna show your work on a forum like RCTech,where you will meet a lot of people who know how to modify engines, be prepared to answer questions about it.
+1 Well Said
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #59
Tech Regular
 
blee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Covina, California, USA
Posts: 253
Thumbs down

That guy (selling Capricorn engine here) still hasn’t talked about his engines what have been done inside since posting here a lot………. but still come to hassle me about the engine.......... Do you folks think it is very ridiculous? He forgot the engine was not manufactured by me.

If he wanted to have more business, he should post the pictures (engine inside) and tell people what they have done and why they have that done. Then people would appreciate that! Only say he is the best and he have tons of knowledge would not bring more business anyhow.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #60
Tech Regular
 
blee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Covina, California, USA
Posts: 253
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
In my opinion, if you are show casing your work here on this forum, you will have to be prepared to answer questions or even face criticism............

Wow...... You are really an autocrat.........

Does everybody have to apply permit from you before posting here........
blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:23 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net