R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 02-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Wink

Just help a friend detail modified a sheep engine.......... refilled with my silicone also since a deep scratch was found (on the original silicone) when opened up the engine....... crankshaft and cylinder sleeve cutting have been fine tuned as well.

I have tested mine earlier and have same job on my engine.

Come on guys......

blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:34 AM   #32
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

And again the same remarks:
- no sharpened edge on the closing side
- and so far I can see no timings changed.

And beside that, this engine will run great without any extra work.

Flowing is a better word to explain your work.....
Old 02-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Last edited by kitracer; 02-28-2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: not worth it!
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:30 AM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post
Just help a friend detail modified a sheep engine.......... refilled with my silicone also since a deep scratch was found (on the original silicone) when opened up the engine....... crankshaft and cylinder sleeve cutting have been fine tuned as well.

I have tested mine earlier and have same job on my engine.

Come on guys......

What is a Sheep engine
Still not impressed with what you've done,polishing & using the same tip to dremel a bigger opening does not in any way make it better keep trying you'll just learn more
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #35
Tech Regular

i have a question. what does murnan do to his engines and make them faster. he must be starting of with an original engine and going from there. what more does he do than blee??
Old 02-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer* View Post
i have a question. what does murnan do to his engines and make them faster. he must be starting of with an original engine and going from there. what more does he do than blee??
What everybody , who understand the physics of a two stroke engine does.

First, you test a stock engine extensively to get a feel for the stock performance.
Then, you determine where the engine is strong and where it needs improvement., i.e. does it have a lot of torque or more top end power.

Then you you put a degree wheel on the engine and measure all it's ports (crank induction, boost, Schnürle and exhaust)

All this information will give you a pretty good idea how to change the timing to improve the weak points of this engine without destroying the fuel mileage.

Now you modify the engine and go testing again to see if reality confirms your theories. If everything works as you want it to, you document what you did and you are ready to modify this particular engine type.

If not, you go back change the timing even more and go back testing.
if you over did it, you take the next engine and start over.

This way you will, over a long time, accumulate a lot of knowledge and a database, which will help you to get to a good result with less and less testing.

As you can see, to get to this point, you will have invested a lot of money and time and this is the reason why no engine tuner who knows what he's doing, will ever share his knowledge with you, or show pictures of his work online.

When Uriah and I started modifying engines, Richey mods where about the only .12's available.
Our first thought was to get one and copy it. We did get a few clues, but it took quite a long time before we understood what we were trying to do.

To me, EdwardN was a great help. He explained engine theory to me, because we are good friends.
Without his help, I would have probably given up and started buying modified engines.
Here is a quote from Edward: Sleeve cuts and polishing is for fools.
The engines I have seen from him looked as stock as any other engine, but the were beasts.

Ok, of the soap box now....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

As I mentioned a while ago in another topic: Trial and error
Old 02-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
As I mentioned a while ago in another topic: Trial and error
Only when you start this modding business.

With every engine you did and the written knowledge that is available, you should be able to reach the understanding work systematically after a while.

Always doing trial and error would be VERY expensive in the long run
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you want some extra performance try something like this, no need for a degree wheel. You will only need a steady hand, if you have an old piston laying around you might want to try it on that first.
I don't do anything with fancy polishing or fancy grooves.
Btw this is al i'm giving you, the rest i will keep to myself.

Attached Thumbnails
godzukihop: your hyper 12 is ready-100_2691.jpg  
Old 02-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

I tell you what, lucky Uriah knows how to make them go quick, cause he sure doesn't score any points in the looks department
Attached Thumbnails
godzukihop: your hyper 12 is ready-5.jpg  

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #41
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
I tell you what, lucky Uriah knows how to make them go quick, cause he sure doesn't score any points in the looks department
All that photo shows is the bottom of the exhaust port which few if any modders would touch. What you see there is factory.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
All that photo shows is the bottom of the exhaust port which few if any modders would touch. What you see there is factory.
I was referring to the side port work (without revealing too much of his work)

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
What is a Sheep engine
Still not impressed with what you've done,polishing & using the same tip to dremel a bigger opening does not in any way make it better keep trying you'll just learn more
Sheep or goat...... whatever you like.

Did you have my modified engine, dude...... how you know I only did polishing? (I said I have fine tuned the engine)

However, you did mean Capricorn engines are carp.......... for a $400 engine, you still think it's carp and not impressive........ I am really speechless.

You'd better go to produce your own engine, dude!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post
However I didn't see you correct any timming on your engines.

When you helped to sell edward's engine, you always said cutting on the cylinder sleeve is not necessary and stupid.

Last time you said your enlarged the intake (crankshaft) on GRP engine..... I beblieved you screw up the engine finally and dare not to post any photo.

Now you get free Capricorn engine sponsored, the cylinder sleeve also has cutting on, why you didn't mention that cut is stupid and not necessary.

Obviously, all your comments are business talk, nothing help to anybody.
Blee, you dont know me and certainty I dont know you so stop thinking and believing like the way you r doing now, it is sad!

Now, get your fact straight before you post them especially you are pointing at names and people have much greater reputation than yours. you are making fool of yourself.

since you mod 300s engines, did you use them all yourself or you gave them to your friends. Tell me something , with facts if possible, how good were they. Did they ever ended up at any race track in Asia?

Now that I see you following me on the internet , I am sure you know the facts and results from my end, what made u believe I screwed up, not many like u out there like to post your own pictures ... let me tell you since you dont know, there are lot more things then polishing engines.

no need to thank me for giving you a good lesson,

Last edited by kitracer; 03-01-2009 at 12:36 AM.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:57 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer View Post
Blee, you dont know me and certainty I dont know you so stop thinking and believing like the way you r doing now, it is sad!

Now, get your fact straight before you post them especially you are pointing at names and people have much greater reputation than yours. you are making fool of yourself.

since you mod 300s engines, did you use them all yourself or you gave them to your friends. Tell me something , with facts if possible, how good were they. Did they ever ended up at any race track in Asia?

Now that I see you following me on the internet , I am sure you know the facts and results from my end, what made u believe I screwed up, not many like u out there like to post your own pictures ... let me tell you since you dont know, there are lot more things then polishing engines.

no need to thank me for giving you a good lesson,

Since I have been living in USA for many years and only have a few friends overthere....... of course you cannot find my engines in Asia track...... it is not a big deal and not surprised.

What's wrong to post pictures here? Forum is for discussion and show off personal stuff (folks could show off their cars and engines)........ but not for poeple come to accuse others definitely.

...........Not like you and few guys only know criticize others here.... however I understood you guys why is so active come to attacking me........ because you thought I come to complete with you and rush to come out to have negative comments and try to destroy me. As you are a very typical example, you are living in Hong Kong and rarely come here to post (beside business BS)....... I just post a few pictures (not first time too), you came to hassle in rush.... this has told the story to everybody already?

Dude, I didn't know you and I hadn't met you, how you know my stuff very well even that I don't know. Obviously you are afraid I am going to complete with you because my brother has a hobby shop in Hong Kong.

I would like to tell you here, you are so wrong anyhow. Hong Kong is a small market and I really do not care about that since I am American and living in USA. Whether my brother hobby shop business is good or bad, he would manage it and I am not interested since he is the man of the shop. Beside RC is just my favorite hobby only. I still have a good and busy job is waiting for me to do in weekdays..... on the other hands, I also have other hobbies as well.

I also knew those people are jealous........ and all about business..... otherwise why spent time to typing so much negative comments and BS so much here. Actually, I just show off my engines and don't know why those guys come to hassle me........ (did I say my engines are the best in the world? and did I say you must equip with my enignes in order to win trophy)......... Very ridiculous to me anyhow........

If those people are good and offer everybody a lesson, I believe everybody would support that. Just come out to say other is bad and without anything, folks will leave you definitely.

As I have said, save your time on your engine and improve your driving skill. Even you have a Ferrari, you may not have the champion trophy. Be a polite and humble person would be more practical. If you are good, people would appreciate you and it is not necessary to tell people how good you are.

Finally, I didn't receive any meassage from RCtech owner that I cannot post and show off my engines photos.