Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
OS Speed 12XZ engine ~~FULL PHOTO~~ >

OS Speed 12XZ engine ~~FULL PHOTO~~

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS Speed 12XZ engine ~~FULL PHOTO~~

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by staikosn1
Nickiforosn plz get rid of this toy!!! Respect yourself and model world and put that toy in your closet and forget it there!!lol!!!! Im waiting for ELME cup to have fun!!

ase reeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default os speed engine

I just want to let everyone know that os speed is by far the best motor i ever used. I know they are expensive, but they actually improve my lap time! I got the Vspec II, and this week i made another personal best lap time. I am sure 12 XZ won't disappoint anyone
Old 02-23-2009, 03:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by silverM3
I just want to let everyone know that os speed is by far the best motor i ever used. I know they are expensive, but they actually improve my lap time! I got the Vspec II, and this week i made another personal best lap time. I am sure 12 XZ won't disappoint anyone

i had my try on the engine on saturday for the final tune after the brake in method and the only thing i have to say is ...AWESOME!!!Compared with the 353 tuned had more botttom and the same top end..the difference?it costs about 150$ less!!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
the difference?it costs about 150$ less!!!!!
How is the lifespan ?

The engine can cost 150 dollar less but if you need 2 of them against 1 Novarossi then it is not cheaper......
Old 02-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
How is the lifespan ?

The engine can cost 150 dollar less but if you need 2 of them against 1 Novarossi then it is not cheaper......
I dont think anyone can comment on the lifespan of this engine at the moment as it is pretty new..... However based on what I have seen and heard about OS engine, they are really hardy!!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Lord

True but I have seen several to quickly broken 12TZ engines. If the lifespan of the XZ is comparable with others then it is a good deal.

I just wanted to notice that there is more making the total costs than only the price of buying it. Cheap engines is what we all want but if they are unreliable it will cost you points at the races and on long term more money. Not saying the XZ is unreliable but knowing the TZ I would just wait and see.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roelof
How is the lifespan ?

i had raced all the past season with one engine , the 12tz speed spec 2 and the only thing i replaced for about 19 litres of fuel is the conrod which i replaced it twice..

the new engine has almost the same parts and is made of the same materials except for some differences in the crancshaft , the carburater , the piston and sleeve etc but the materials seem the same...the difference is that the case is much stronger and durable and this is the reason why the engine weights about 30 grams heavier than spec 2...

so according to the theory thing the XZ should be even more durable than spec2

these make us a good value engine.....till now i have only used the engine for about 3 litres.... time will show

Moreover , have a look in the NOVAROSSI thread to see a new engine "353 tuned" destroyed because of gap between the conrod and the crancshaft...so i don't think that "if you pay more you play more"...the engines are made of metals and noone can predict when the "bad moment" comes!this is the reason why none of the engines caome with a kind of guarantee or something...no guarantee for anyone!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Lord

True, the splitting C7 rod from Novarossi is a certain serial production related problem and the customer does pay the price. Could be anything from bad tolerances in the production up to different suppliers for the materials and all manufacturers can have such problems. I can only say the broken rods from OS seems to be related to large high speed tracks where the rod does get more stress due the high revs for a longer time because the long straight end.

Do not say there is no waranty, within Europe we have consumer laws. Any normal commercial available product must have some kind of waranty and because these engines can be bought anywhere like toyshops they do have warranty. It is only to sad that many shops deny warantyclaims.

But we will see how the engine performs and lives. I have seen RickV with the Ninja version and it screams, I am still waiting for the the new .21 engine, they were presented very well on the WC in Argentina but until now 1.5 year further still nothing....
Old 03-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by silverM3
Speed 12XZ is not expensive, only $352.... much cheaper than 359-09'

rc-mushroom.com/product_info.php?cPath=169&products_id=16430
Old 03-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is this new OS as tight to run in as the old .12 TZ? Don't feel like running 4 - 5 litres through engine and destroying a flywheel before i can hit the track!

Thanxs
Old 03-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

damn 4L to run in. it only took like 2L to run in a TZ or the TG
Old 03-13-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Is this new OS as tight to run in as the old .12 TZ? Don't feel like running 4 - 5 litres through engine and destroying a flywheel before i can hit the track!

Thanxs
you wont destroy a flywheel if you preheat the engine first (every start up for the first 2 lts). and the conrod will love you for it.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Don't mean to hijack this thread. Can someone share his experience of Speed 12 XZ?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What is the diameter for the rear B-bearing for the 12 xz... is it 11.5mm?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

other news???????????
best pipe????
gearing?????
i break in my xz saturday
if sun appears

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.