R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #301
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

My IDM engine powered my Kyosoho RRR to my first A-main at the Great Lakes Challenge. I made runtime with it and it gave me what I needed to get to the main. IDM engines are starting to show up everywhere. If you want good power and runtime to spare get an IDM engine.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #302
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Worlds

World Champs!
J-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #303
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Oh yes what a great race Daniele ran!!!!!!
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #304
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Oh yeah baby

stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #305
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Stefan

Stefan, YGPM
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:42 AM   #306
Tech Addict

wow daniel was running a picco evo3 not an idm
KyoshokiddT.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #307
Tech Regular

No Tommy he ran the IDM. And yes it was a blue head on the engine. And if anyone would think a bit more through this crap that has started that why wouldn't the owners of Picco who do manufacture Daniele's parts for him not give him a hug or congratulate him? And do you really think that Eduardo would not support him in the world's since the side of any IDM engine clearly states Picco on one side? Man people need to look further. As I said in the other forum. Then if a Max power wins the worlds then we should say that NovaRossi won and Max with all his hard work is out. Ok then. And if anyone wants to look at the IDM there are differences in the engines. And not to top it all off but I have discussed this with Daniele myself. That is all I need to say. He has to run the stickers and also show the respect as they do make the engine parts only makes sense, Oh maybe also they are very good friends as well. Oh I forgot that Eduardo does not congratulate anyone unless it was his engine by itself. Please!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #308
Tech Regular

Here is the IDM website look for yourself and you make a decision. www.idmtuned.com. And the funny thing that I have seen is that there is a update on a site saying that is was confirmed that the engine was a JL red dot that won the worlds. Then why would this be one Daniele's site? I think alot of us would like to hear the answer other then to try to deface Daniele's hard work.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #309
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:46 AM   #310
Tech Addict

Default engine died when lifted.

hi all,
about the idm 12 evo3...

my engine temps are about 120+degC and i'm making runtime of 5+mins...
smoke is visible when accelerating and checking my plug it's slightly moist but the piston head is dry (from the looks of it).

right now the issue is that after i come into the pits, the moment i lift my car up (be it the frt or rear), my engine would immediately die off.

so...my LSN still too lean?
Old 08-26-2008, 04:10 AM   #311
Uga
Tech Regular

I think if it would be too lean it would just keep running high revs at iddle, it could be that it's too rich at bottom or you might have to adjust the iddle of your engine.
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #312
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
hi all,
about the idm 12 evo3...

smoke is visible when accelerating and checking my plug it's slightly moist but the piston head is dry (from the looks of it).

right now the issue is that after i come into the pits, the moment i lift my car up (be it the frt or rear), my engine would immediately die off.

I actually use this to stop my car, if I hold it vertical nose up (I haven't tried nose down) the engine just dies out after 5-7 seconds.

I think your tune is close if that is your only gauge and you may want to look at the fuel line right when it dies to see if it is dry or full. You could always try going half a turn out on the LSN and see if it's any different but I think it will just smoke more and bog. You should see a trail all the way down the straight if you're tune is right on the HSN, might just be too lean on the top. Hot engines are hard to keep running if the idle dips for any reason.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #313
Tech Regular

Quote:
hi all,
about the idm 12 evo3...

Brian has the right idea with the engine when he is tipping the car works well as it removed the pick up from the fuel for the most part. Good way to check. The engine should be ok at that temp we usually run them anywhere between the 230 to 250 mark. This is F. obviously. But for the stalling right after the pick up of the car. Question would need to be asked does the engine or for that matter the car come into the pits with high idle like Uga is saying to lean and high idle or does it come in normal with no real signs of lean and then just shut off. If this is the case no power loss with the engine running on the track on the corners and also top speed and such. I would tell you to bump the idle up a slight bit. If you have power loss somewhere while running on the track look into air leaks or lean problems. They are the same animal caused by 2 different reasons. Both lean 1 from not enough fuel and 2 from air causing more air to get in around the carb resulting in lean from not enough fuel from the air leak. Don't be afraid to turn the idle up a slight bit from factory and also so you know the IDM engines will run slightly rich on the bottom end. Richer then the Nova's do. So normal to have very small wet glow plug and dry piston on top.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #314
Tech Addict

hi guys,
thanks for the inputs...

i'll try turning out the LSN and try again.
as what brian said. i'm not having my car die-off after 5s after lifting the nose up. my car die-off immediately when the nose is lifted.

also what i notice is that after the straights at full throttle and off throttle going onto a corner, my car would high idle for about 3-5s before dropping to normal idle.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:46 AM   #315
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
hi guys,
thanks for the inputs...

i'll try turning out the LSN and try again.
as what brian said. i'm not having my car die-off after 5s after lifting the nose up. my car die-off immediately when the nose is lifted.

also what i notice is that after the straights at full throttle and off throttle going onto a corner, my car would high idle for about 3-5s before dropping to normal idle.
if your engine is idling high after the straights, you bottom end is too rich.

Here's why: When you LSN is too rich, you have to compensate by turning in your idle set screw. Now, when you run the engine in the infield it is loading up but when you go down the straight it's clearing out. So when you lift the throttle, your idle speed is too high and it takes a bit to load it back up again and the idle speed comes back down.

if your engine was too lean, it wouldn't idle down but keep "singing".

Try to close the LSN about a 1/8th and then re-adjust your idle screw.

Make sure that you make all adjustments after at least 5 hot laps on the track. Due to the insulated carb, it takes a bit to bring everything up to operating temps.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote