R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #46
Tech Master

No i like the lighting "; )
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
MassiveMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:41 AM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mmmmmmmmm... I havent even started mine yet but I love it. I purchased this engine with no carby, at a rediculously good price mind you. I have a NP5X that I cant be bothered rebuilding and had heard that maybe the carb would fit this motor???? Is this true???

One of our other drivers has one of these with a MM stage 5 I use to be a LRP engine man until I saw this running against a LRP Team .21 with the same mod...

P.S - There is some footage of Darrens GO stage 5 in his LSP running on our new track finished today..4 tanks old mind you, up against the above mentioned!http://users.esc.net.au/~oblivion/rc...%20April07.zip
MASSIVE MODS A-MAIN & HB 444 RACING FUEL & GO ENGINES
www.massivemods.com.au

Last edited by Rookie 4.6; 04-15-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Rookie 4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:52 AM   #48
Tech Addict

Also do you have any tips on running in this motor....??? And if I can use the above carby what a good start needle setting would be??

Thanks in advance...
Rob.
www.massivemods.com.au
Old 04-15-2007, 12:23 PM   #49
Tech Adept

If your going to try a different carb, it needs to have a 15mm neck.

The original has that plastic sleeve to isolate the carb from the block heat so the stock carb is an unusual diameter.

They have updated the carb to eliminate the outer plastic sleeve and relocate the idle screw. I don't know about Australia but the entire updated carb sells for $41 in the US.
Paradoxmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:45 PM   #50
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

these engines are Novarossi P5/P5X copies pretty much, im sure timing is changed and some minor porting differences.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:11 AM   #51
Tech Regular

Ive been running my 7 port for a few months now and I am forced to take it out on our track. The track is too loose and the Go has so much power that I find it difficult to keep the my buggy planted.
Wicked power. I have not found any other engine that can catch me on the straight. RB C6 is a joke. I call out the RB C6 drivers on the track and challenge them.
What fun I have.
Jammin JPX 21/OS Speed
Jammin X1 CRT
Go tech 21 5p
Upraded to Stelar Galactic
Jammin X1 CRT.5
Power by SH12
Either your Jammin or losing"Catch me if you can"
Team Dramatic
Jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:13 AM   #52
Tech Regular

PS Best pipe allround is the HN2047 for any application.
Jammin JPX 21/OS Speed
Jammin X1 CRT
Go tech 21 5p
Jammin X1 CRT.5
Power by SH12
Team Dramatic
Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 PM   #53
Tech Addict

This motor ran perfectly with the Nova P5X carb. I had no probs with run in and can't wait to dial it in at the track 2morrow... I am running the Nova 9886 pipe seems to wive this a real smooth feel compared to friends who are running the RB and LRP pipes.. Ill let you know how it goes after its real test...
www.massivemods.com.au
Old 04-21-2007, 03:47 AM   #54
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie 4.6
This motor ran perfectly with the Nova P5X carb. I had no probs with run in and can't wait to dial it in at the track 2morrow... I am running the Nova 9886 pipe seems to wive this a real smooth feel compared to friends who are running the RB and LRP pipes.. Ill let you know how it goes after its real test...
RB Pipes are novarossi pipes.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:38 AM   #55
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Muscle
RB Pipes are novarossi pipes.

Thanks. Im still pretty new to these motors. So are you saying that if you by a nova pipe it is made by RB??
www.massivemods.com.au
Old 04-22-2007, 07:08 AM   #56
Tech Addict

Well I ran the GO 5 port fully tuned at our track this weekend. This engine has incredible midrange torque!! These engines are as fast as most of the top engines running.. Not one flame out all day!!
www.massivemods.com.au
Old 04-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #57
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie 4.6
Thanks. Im still pretty new to these motors. So are you saying that if you by a nova pipe it is made by RB??
yeah its the other way around, RB is made by Novarossi, except the TM line of engines.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #58
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

just a few thoughts about the 5 port.

things used;
-LRP number 6 plug
-massive mods fuel
-option turbo head (i wish these were standard :? )
-extra copper .10mm shim mid way through race day
-JP3 pipe (jammin)
-ofna x1cr team kit

i ran it in, and had my first club day with this engine. after 50 or so minutes racing, it is still not yet broken in.

the engine does not come with enough headshims. MassiveMods brought this to my attention at the track after he realised it could use a bit of help from some extra shims (comes with the headbutton clearance and one copper shim) i added a copper shim to it (.10mm) and it helped the engine a bit, but would still probably need another silver shim as well.

these engines are very tight, and the lack of the shims makes the problem worse i think.

before you run them in, get either a silver and 2 copper shims and wack them in, or use the two shims from the OS engine (if you have one).

the 5 port go seems to be a excellent motor. i ran mine with a JP3 jammin pipe....don't beleive the hype! (or should i say bad press about this pipe) the jammin pipe is excellent with the GO 5 port engine. i also used a werks racing clutch with carbon shoes and the softest spring. worked awesome.

also, with the lrp 6 plug i had very good punch out of the corners, and it ran cool. the engine was still rich-ish though, yet responsive. (had that annoying tingy sound new engines not yet bedded in have, you know the noise.. sounds rough and high pitched when you take of a jump )

the GO ran at about 130 or 135 celcius possibly. my OS runs at 150 or so with a OS 3 plug

as a user, i am thinking of changing the conrod, the engien was just ridiculously, stpidly, annoyingly tight i must admit. After break in, it might be reccomended, or at least give it a thought to change the conrod. im not sure how comon this is in offroad, but in onroad, it is common practice witht he quicker guys to do this after break in. From what massive told me the conrods are pritty cheap though so it might be a good idea

finally!, (sh1t long post) the engine ran almost as quick as my OS (fully broken in), yet my GO is still untuned to race spek tune, and is still not totally broken in!! great engine. with the bits and peices you may want to get (ie turbo button, shims, and conrod) it probably comes to the same if not $20 less than a OS, but honestly, it's just as good, AND QUICKER.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:10 AM   #59
Tech Regular

Couldn't agree more with most people's opinions of the GO . My mate's running a Go Tech 7 port in 1/8 ONROAD . It screams !!! Top end is as quick as anything out there at our club (Lilydale) at the mo (includes Sirio's,RB's,CMB's,Mega's etc) . It was lacking out of the turns on Sunday but the motor has only had a couple of litres thru it and hasn't been leaned on yet . Also the clutch setup could have done with some work . [link=http://www.massivemods.com.au/]MASSIVE MODS[/link] in Sydney supplied the motor and did a bit of work to the crank timing I believe and we bolted a TOP Engine cooling head onto it so it didn't get too cold down here in Melbourne but other than that it's standard . I know what I'll be buying next and it ain't no $1000+ Collari !!!

www.MRCCR.com
azcau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:32 AM   #60
Tech Regular

What difference does the extra shims do to the performance?
Jammin JPX 21/OS Speed
Jammin X1 CRT
Go tech 21 5p
Jammin X1 CRT.5
Power by SH12
Team Dramatic