Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Then wait till you try the JL EVO 3.
+1
Old 01-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g4-racing.de
Hi @ all and a happy new Year from germany.
Can some one tell me something about the JLR EVO 3 ?
This Time i am driving the Novarossi plus 12 ,ballanced :-)
and iam looking for an alternative........to drive into my MTX-4R

Many Thanks

Marc
Hi Marc, i have been running the evo2 for a little while and it has plenty of grunt!
From all reports, the evo3 is even more balistic!
Great value for money!

BTW Welcome to Mugenville!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LogiK
Thought i'd post it up, tried a Ninja pipe this weekend, absolutely flys and makes runtime EASY.
Runtime was never an issue with JL's, but was proven that it is best run with the PICCO 2607 pipe which was developed for the PICCO based engine, I will be at the Winternats and I will bring some PICCO 2607 pipe sets as well as the JL EVO 3 with me, so anybody who will be interested can come see me.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Drag racing w/ EVO 3

After alot of reaching i have deceided to buy this engine and would love a little feedback on this setup application.

50-60% nitro
Walbern Pro-stock car
Mtx 3 two speed and centex
THS 1030 circuit pipe or RB X 15 pipe (both are .15 pipes)

One question i need answer is since we only go 132ft will i get a better performance out of the .15 pipes with outlaw stinger or should i get the 2607 pipe. Also with the percentage of nitro we run what is the best plug to run? How would the engine fare against what my competition run (RB V15, NS 15, Mega .15, OS.18 TZ) just to name a few. Thanks
Old 01-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

TK- How is the EVO 3 overall performance for example consistency? I know it's fast, but how has it held up under be out at the track all day with and without temperate changes? A lot swear by Novarossi and steer me towards it but wanted to see my other options. How different would the performance be if I would use the VR12 Plus pipe instead of the Picco pipe?
Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
TK- How is the EVO 3 overall performance for example consistency? I know it's fast, but how has it held up under be out at the track all day with and without temperate changes? A lot swear by Novarossi and steer me towards it but wanted to see my other options. How different would the performance be if I would use the VR12 Plus pipe instead of the Picco pipe?
EVO 3 is no doubt fast, you have to try it so you can judge it yourself, let the engine's performance prove its own, and it will be a HUGE difference in performance if you use a 2607 against a VR12 Plus.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
The bottom line is that it will be a HUGE difference in performance if you use a 2607 against a VR12 Plus.

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 01-26-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kpjr
After alot of reaching i have deceided to buy this engine and would love a little feedback on this setup application.

50-60% nitro
Walbern Pro-stock car
Mtx 3 two speed and centex
THS 1030 circuit pipe or RB X 15 pipe (both are .15 pipes)

One question i need answer is since we only go 132ft will i get a better performance out of the .15 pipes with outlaw stinger or should i get the 2607 pipe. Also with the percentage of nitro we run what is the best plug to run? How would the engine fare against what my competition run (RB V15, NS 15, Mega .15, OS.18 TZ) just to name a few. Thanks
I believe Colt4g63 will answer your questions better, but my suggestion is to gear it correctly, experiment on different gearings and see which which combination works the best.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Like Sam said, you have to try the engine in order to convince yourself. I first got a JL evo 2 and the engine was great for the price. I was running a Skyline VR12+ and it run good. Then I decided to try the Picco 2607 pipe and it was like the tranny had an extra gear, the engine never peaks, it keeps accelerating until it reaches top RPMs. It really makes a big difference, but you have to try it in order to feel it. Then the evo3 came out, I got one of those and after breaking it in and running for 2 races I got another one. Our tracks (Crystal Park and GLARC) have a varyety of engines, and I can pull or run even with any engine on any car. A couple of weekends ago I was clearly pulling on a Sirio evo4.

A lot of people are skeptycal of the engine beacause of the price, but who said that a more expensive engine automaticaly makes a faster engine? If price had anything to do with performance this would be a $400-$500 engine.

I have to say though, that you will never know how good the engine is until you try a with the 2607 pipe.

My 2 cents.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply. I don't assume a more expensive engine is more powerful, but I am just use to running Nova and RB engines in the past with complete flawless and consistent performance. Price for parts were expensive sure, but lately they have come down for some models. The EVO 2 I raced against in my friends G4S does have more top end than my slightly modded OS .12TZ but on bottom end we are close. Well if the price is the same then I guess TK I'll order from your site being I can't find them anywhere else. The EVO haven't hit our stores on the east coast. Will be another month or two before one is purchased, but regardless going to save for one, the pipe, and plugs.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anybody have a problem with the 2607 pipe set hitting the steering rodend on a 720 with the JLR engine?
Old 01-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey kamekazi dude, havent been on in a while didnt even notice the new engine.

i was running the original JLR red dot, just wanted to know how the new engien compares to it.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RoyU
Does anybody have a problem with the 2607 pipe set hitting the steering rodend on a 720 with the JLR engine?
Just angle it inwards by the mounting end until it clears the steering rod end.

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
hey kamekazi dude, havent been on in a while didnt even notice the new engine.

i was running the original JLR red dot, just wanted to know how the new engien compares to it.
Faster.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default EVO2 vs EVO3

I am curious as to the differences between the inards of these two engines. I'm wondering if any of you engine guru's have actually measured the diffrences between :

Crank timing on evo2 vs evo 3
(did they change closing and opening of crank duration)

Crank Bore diameter evo2 vs evo 3?
Head button changes?

port timing?

A different cooling head doesn't really change engine performance, but does effect car handling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.