Search
Like Tree1Likes

JL Racing .12

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JetMD
While your buying those gaskets Craig, get that exhaust hanger piece so you can replace it. And maybe an allen driver to replace that allen key you twisted up.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by majk
Hello Kamikaze, do you know when the new jlr evo4 will be available? couldn't wait.
Don't have the EVO 4's yet, but the PICCO 2651 pipe set is in stock!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Don't have the EVO 4's yet, but the PICCO 2651 pipe set is in stock!
Hey Sam... Are you especting a JL version of the EVO 4? or an IDM or Picco (blue head)???
Old 04-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Hey Sam... Are you especting a JL version of the EVO 4? or an IDM or Picco (blue head)???
We are waiting for OFNA to bring them in, so the price will be very affordable, if not it will be as expensive as it is now, the reason behind it is that OFNA brings it in on large quantities, that is why they were able to sell it at a very low price, so expect them to be available in a month or so.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Engine Shaft

Guys is it normal to have small in and out play on the shaft?
Old 04-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jelayne
Guys is it normal to have small in and out play on the shaft?
Yes, it is what we call bearing endplay and as long as it is no more than half a millimeter play.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

thanks Sam,

I am having an issue with my engine, it is constantly loosing tune, it is very erratic. The engine seems to be running rich and unable to get up to temp and unable to get to 2nd Gear. When I lean it out it get up t temp and gear changes but when I come around again to the straight away it dies again and when the temp is check is is at 150F.

Today I tried it again with some Picco owners and it did not start until the HSN was nearly fully out but in pulling the trigger and realeasing it would cut off. Also it would not keep idle.

The sleeve, liner and con rod looks great, some of the guys recommended changing the bearings. Could this be the issue??
Old 04-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks Sam,

I am having an issue with my engine, it is constantly loosing tune, it is very erratic. The engine seems to be running rich and unable to get up to temp and unable to get to 2nd Gear. When I lean it out it get up t temp and gear changes but when I come around again to the straight away it dies again and when the temp is check is is at 150F.

Today I tried it again with some Picco owners and it did not start until the HSN was nearly fully out but in pulling the trigger and realeasing it would cut off. Also it would not keep idle.

The sleeve, liner and con rod looks great, some of the guys recommended changing the bearings. Could this be the issue??
with the engine on tha car try to move the crank up and down.if the play is a lot change the bearings.also check the rod.something else.try to seal the carb in place the plastic contact the aluminium.the picco carbs tend to leak in this place after a while.
also try some other fuel.
if the engine don't idle try to puss the crank down from the pinions,if the engine idle for more then ,you probably need bearings.
and last check the orings.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

thanks Sam,

What glow plug are you using? did you touch the head shims? what brand fuel and nitro percentage?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

thanks Sam,

Is your exhaust in good condition? I once was trying to tune a Picco on a friends car. And it would just not tune. No matter how lean I would make the HSN, it would just not lean out. He changed the pipe and problem solved.

For you, I'd suggest you carefully take apart the carburator and all its needles and put them back in factory condition. Change the glow plug and the exhaust gasket. If someone at the track has a spare pipe set, you can also try that. And start from there.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

Tried my red dot yesterday... With Picco P6TH plug...
It had problems with its picco 2607 pipe on its last race, so I put skyline pipe with mugen header on it. After adjusting the needles, it became a monster again. There was a Ninja t-01 on the track and mine was a bit faster than it on the straight, but it dominated the infield with tallest first gear ratio on my nt1 It easily ripped the tires even with little more than a half throttle out of the corners. But it was a little sensitive on the needles...

Looking forward to test it again with some mods
Old 04-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

after breaking in my engine and race tuning i have noticed excessive fuel in the carb throat is this normal? this engine SCREAMS so far it is better than the tz 5 port i previously ran.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

To the guy with the tuning problem, try some fresh fuel. Bad fuel will cause all the problems you describe.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
What glow plug are you using? did you touch the head shims? what brand fuel and nitro percentage?
I am using No.6 Picco plug, opened 2 new ones same problem. Yep I removed a shim to allow for the 25% as directed on the forum but I can recheck the clearance.

Running brand new gallon of 25% Maxy, well I hope it is new.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

I saw the fuel post late as I wish I would have tried it at the track yesterday.

My day was wasted at the track fighting to get a tune, other JL3 drivers tried and still could not find a solution, we changed the fuel tube, fuel tank, O rings on the engine.

We were able to get it to run for 10 minutes but the acceleration was the slowest ever on the track but when it got after the slow build up on the straight away it would then shoot off, but coming out of corners it was a snail. Even through a tight chicane I would hold full throttle and go through with ease, it even felt as it it would cut off.

Forgot to mention I am running with a Skyline pipe, I would try the 2607 on my next attempt.

Last edited by jelayne; 04-27-2009 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Pipe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.