Like Tree35Likes

Piston after break in

Old 08-19-2021, 11:44 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by cansoykal View Post
There is always fighting on this forum for some reason.
By the way more castor you have in fuel more darker piston gets. It's 2+2 = 4.
Well you can call it fighting but this guy (look in his post history) knows it better, even if he is wrong. And we all know our experiences with castor oil based fuels and this "punk" says we all have it all wrong and tries to get his right by throwining in some technical details that has nothing to do with what is happening inside the engine. Not to mention the high chance he never have run a high competition engine.
Rick Vessell and BigC2007 like this.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:45 PM
Bud
Tech Fanatic

I think he's not getting the brown color because he's only using 2% castor and thinks that's a lot. I've been running 8% castor and 4% synthetic. A friend makes the fuel so I know what's in there. It runs real good and my pistons are a deep honey brown. Not enough castor is the only thing I can think of that would explain why he's not getting a brown piston.
Rick Vessell and nitrodude like this.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:57 PM
Tech Lord

For years I have mixed my own fuels with 7% synthetic and 3% castor and even with that the pistons did get a color. But yes, just 2% castor on a total of 18% (or is it 20%?) lubrication is nothing. Beside that, it is way too much lubrication
Bud likes this.
Old 08-19-2021, 01:51 PM
Bud
Tech Fanatic

OS recommends 18% but that's way too much in my opinion. I like my 12% blend with 25% nitro. Runs good doesn't get hot you just have a bit of castor goo but I know how to clean that so not an issue.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 08-19-2021, 02:17 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Bud View Post
OS recommends 18% but that's way too much in my opinion. I like my 12% blend with 25% nitro. Runs good doesn't get hot you just have a bit of castor goo but I know how to clean that so not an issue.
Ah, yes! Good that you did mention that, now I remember another very stupid discussion with this guy.
Engine Question. Troubleshoot.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:39 PM
Bud
Tech Fanatic

Well, he does seem to have an opinion. Unfortunately I don't agree with it but what the heck..