Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By the rc guy

Rediscovering RC Racing.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Rediscovering RC Racing.

Good to know that this forum survived the Facebook era.

Ok, I've been out of the loop for almost 14 years now, my last car was the Serpent 710 with a N12 LS5 Novarossi, before I retired, I purchased a RRR Rolling chassis....

Last month I was cruising around near the local RC track when I heared the sound of nitro engines... immediately pulled over to see the races, an that sparked the passion for RC racing for the second time.
Next day i went to one of the local shops in search of a good transmitter and servos for my RRR (I kept a V.12 rody) but the shop manager offered me an almost new RRR with some hop ups and an engine (crappy sh.15) and servos for 3,500 pesos (like 180 us dollar) so I know I couldnt pass up this deal, so I'll keep the RRR roller for spare parts donor. They had the latest Serpent 750 and Infinity if15 in stock but I need to practice again, so I dont know how good are my driving skills right now just dont want to ruin a $1,000 usd car.
So I have 2 questions...

¿Does the RRR still a good car for club level?

For my future project which is a better car? The IF15 or 750evo?

Almost forgot it , The radio I purchased is a Flyski Noble.

Greetings from Mexico

Last edited by ContrastStriker; 04-14-2021 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

175$ but whos counting. have fun again
ContrastStriker likes this.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Both cars are quality competition vehicles, so I think it should come down to what kind of support you’ll have locally (DISCLAIMER: Going to stay objective, but I purchased/own a Serpent 750 EVO) I know some people prefer to be a “lone Wolf”, but as someone who recently took up the hobby and ran my first “big race” last December, it was good to come across folks I could get advice from.

Based on my comment above, is the available Serpent a 750, or the updated EVO? The latter features some notable improvements, and if I’m not mistaken, comes in at around the same price. If you’re going to spend the money, may as well get the latest version - unless the 750 comes in at an irresistible discount… not that it can’t be upgraded, but it would obviously come at a premium… Anyway, good luck, and welcome back to the hobby!

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 08-25-2021 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The RRR is good at any level...It's all about the driver and setup, specially when you have an old powerful motor in the RRR...Not that many new impressive engines out there this year: the old tuned RB's, piccos, Jp's, etc, can still do damage out there....Go have fun !!!!