Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Clockwork Racing Engines and Products... >

Clockwork Racing Engines and Products...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clockwork Racing Engines and Products...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 05:51 PM
xc7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryWA
I got my clocked B5 all run in and race tuned yesterday and it performed perfectly!!

The motor will idle for ever, holds its tune really well and has that much power and the top end screams that much it is not funny! I can not fault this motor it does everything that i used to love about speeds but at half the cost, and with Neals hand lapped piston and sleeve the run in is a snap, you only really have to bed in the bearings and that is it, no more shortening an engines life by running them in its all set to perfect tolerance! And the sound of a clocked B5 with a 2013 on it is great, the note is very different and very cool, it sounds angry!

Clocked B5+ 2013+ Picco P6TH plugs=
That's awesome Ry! I think you've got the bug now Keep us posted on your races buddy !
Old 07-11-2010, 05:54 PM
xc7
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sly6t
cool sounds good , i would'nt mind a dynamite .21 mk2 fully modded , i think it would be a pretty quick ps/roto motor. what do ya charge for intl shipping to australia? on any motor.
Canada Post Small Packet International Air is mid $30 range, We have had great success with this service.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
I will have modified Force 28's right away..priced at around $200.00...pullstart ! also I have the Picco 28 pullstarts.....
Have you had any durability problems with the Force 28's? I had one that ran great until the crank pin snapped off How does the performance compare to the P3?
Old 07-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mechanic77
Have you had any durability problems with the Force 28's? I had one that ran great until the crank pin snapped off How does the performance compare to the P3?

so far they seem fine...however only time will tell the whole story.... it is a budget engine that will offer very good bang for the buck.. perfect for a MT...
Old 07-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's about time you got a thread of your own Neil. Well it's not just you anymore is it.

Anyways, I have been a customer of Neil's for almost three years now. I started of in 2007 with a clocked mr ninja which has been great to me in all the years of me racing since getting it. Easy tuning, great mileage and well it still runs to the best of my knowledge. I sold it off with my truggy in the spring and back then it ran like it was only just broken in. At the same time I got the .21 ninja I also got a .28 of the same make.......this was a nasty piece of work. Exhibited the same characteristics as the .21 just more torque and HP overall. Would hit the same high note at the end of a strait. It would easily out-rev WS7's down a long strait. Sadly this engine is down for maintenance, but should be up and running soon now that the plant that made the GRP engines are back up and running.

What I run know is one of the newer beast from the CRE stable. A clocked jpx.21. It was intended to run in my truggy, and I did run it as a truggy engine for it's running in period. I've never seen a .21 move a truggy like this. Made the truggy feel like a featherweight. Just for fun I tried it out in my Losi EU buggy, and man what fun that was. I was fearing it would be a handful, and running the 13/48 gearing it was, but a change to a 14t bell made all the difference. This engine is soo smooth it's ridiculous, explosive bottom and screaming top as well. Combine that with a engine that holds a tune all day long and idles as long as there is fuel in the tank, it's hard for me to complain. One guy who runs electric 1/8 tried out my buggy and loved the way the jpx laid down power. IMO that is big for a guy used to 1/8 brushless systems to say that.

I'm sure that all of the engines CRE offers are just fine in stock form, but getting a Clocked version is soo worth in IMO. To me just the fact that the carb is checked and sealed(Picco carbs can be a bit funny that way) is worth the extra coin. I only wish Neil had the tools to do hand lapping three years ago, as it's really hard to restrain from whipping on these engines from the get go.

Keep up the good work Neil and John, love the website BTW.

Looking forward to here more about the new fuel.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For my next engine (will get probably next week), i want something different from o.s., I have 2 ninja's and 2 vspecs. I want a clockwork motor, and since they are all really good engines i know i can't go wrong. So i am down to 4, the jpx .21, werks b5, werks b6, jl .21. So basically i would like to know which one is easiest to tune or would be the easiest coming from an o.s. motor. It's all i know.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
For my next engine (will get probably next week), i want something different from o.s., I have 2 ninja's and 2 vspecs. I want a clockwork motor, and since they are all really good engines i know i can't go wrong. So i am down to 4, the jpx .21, werks b5, werks b6, jl .21. So basically i would like to know which one is easiest to tune or would be the easiest coming from an o.s. motor. It's all i know.
Clocked B5 on 2013 would be your best bet IMO...it has a great balance of power, quality and tune-ability....
Old 07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Clocked B5 on 2013 would be your best bet IMO...it has a great balance of power, quality and tune-ability....

I know i won't be dissapointed!!

I know the vids of your jpx are very impressive. Do you have any up of your b5? Is it similar to your jpx? I know they are both italian. What separates them? Then i promise no more questions! :-)
Old 07-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

eighter the B5 or the B6 will do you well...depending on what they are going in B5 truggy and B6 buggy.....
Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Mate the B5/2013 is a great combo, you will love it!! I have it in a buggy and it is crazy. The B6 from what i hear has a little more mild bottom end to the B5 so it depends on what you want.
You will be pretty safe with either!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

At tank #7 and the Clocked B5 is really blowing my mind. It's got power from bottom to top, and it's one smoooooth operator! And that's not even with the 2013 pipe, I've been running the JP3 and so far, so good! I may have to get one for my SC8 too! The powerband is just fantastic in this mill.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Last weekend was the Saskatoon "Superior Propane Classic", Myself and a few guys packed up the trailer and headed west.

I was Running Buggy Truggy and 2wd SC, Qualifying went as planned with Tq in the bag at the end of Saturday's qualifying. Sunday last chance gave a few a try for the Tq but never pulled through. For Motor's I was running a Ninja in Buggy and the Trusty B5 in truggy. There were 5 other Clocked mills in our traveling entourage and every single one of them ran like...well....clockwork.

Mains rolled around with myself sitting pretty in tq....Buggy Main was first and went off without a hitch.....Me and a fellow racer from my hometown threw it down for the full 30 min and was a blast coming off the stand for a well earned 1st....Sc main was next, Water wasn't in the cards and was forced to deal with the overly twitchy rear end on my Strike and ended up a couple laps down form the 2 leader's....3rd for my First Sc main....Ill take that.

Truggy main was last, My little protege Peter Leik was again Sitting right on my Arse for the whole race....well until the first fuel stop when my dynamite Pro linkage horn insert decided to let go and go 1/4 throttle off the end of pit row....Promptly shut it down and went into position to Fuel Pete and Score himself a well earned 1st.

Thx to Neal and Jon for the Awesome Possum motor's and look to rep the company for Years to come.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just had to chime in after hearing all these good comments on Clockworks engines. Neal is a VERY knowledgable guy and knows his stuff bigtime!!! He is an amazing guy and his engines are done right. No all show and no go stuff here. Clockworks are all go! Keep up the good work Neal. I Need to send you one of my B6's to work your magic on pretty soon.

Lance Heidmann
RcRenew.com
Old 07-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Neal, you're modded B5 is turning out to be incredible on fuel with the JP3 pipe!!! A friend and I timed two tanks at race pace, and I was shocked when he stopped the stopwatch on my iPod and showed me. I can't be happier with an engine my friend.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Recieved my Clock B6 today with my Werks 2057 pipe and werks plugs from clockwork engines.

12 Day delivery to Australia is not bad!

I followed neal's instructions to a tee and have done my Idle tank and one heat cycle tank so far, still have two more tanks of heat cycling to go. Fark me! This thing is very impressive so far!

Thanks Cloclwork racing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.