Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10min+ Run Time Engines?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Running the Losi Nitrotec with Nova 9901/41021, 10+ every tank. Has 2 gallons, and continues to get better run time every time out. Great Engine.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
The Werks B5 is VERY easy to tune as well. it has a large tuning window. And holds a tune VERY well. Its just as good if not better than the $300+ engines out there.
That $200 price is ridiculously attractive, too.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
OS. No question about that. OS engines are known for being the easiest tuning engines on the planet. All of those engines will tune and hold a tun just fine though.

BTW, I wouldn't buy a standard v-spec now( the OS in your link). It has been discontinued and is being replaced by a new engine. I would look to the Mugen Ninja(OS made) or the OS Speed Worlds v-spec II(great engine but very pricey).
Oh ok. When will the engine be released?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Agreed, I drive harder during practice most of the time, unless I'm battling closely for the lead in a main. I like to drive hard during practice to find the limits of what is faster. Then come race time, I back down to a more steady pace to avoid costly crashes. I'm not a real trigger happy driver any of the time, so it is easy for me to pit at 10 minutes most of the time.
I couldn't have said it any better..I like to push my gear to the max during practise. I've ran 12.5+ minute tanks during practise with that same Picco a few times.
I posted a video last season to end a debate that flared up on our club forum about mileage, and after I posted it, the debate ended almost instantly.

I drove like an idiot( and you can tell ) because I wanted to show that I was on-throttle as much as possible( unlike during a race where I throttle when required ). It was filmed without any pauses:

Clockwork Picco P7R One Tank Vid
Old 06-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Default 10

We have been having good luck with guys going 10 minutes on a tank also,but I will say it depends on pipe driver and tune.

There are allot of very good mills on the market at this point.
Attached Thumbnails 10min+ Run Time Engines?-tq201-t_400-2-.jpg  
Old 06-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
I couldn't have said it any better..I like to push my gear to the max during practise. I've ran 12.5+ minute tanks during practise with that same Picco a few times.
I posted a video last season to end a debate that flared up on our club forum about mileage, and after I posted it, the debate ended almost instantly.

I drove like an idiot( and you can tell ) because I wanted to show that I was on-throttle as much as possible( unlike during a race where I throttle when required ). It was filmed without any pauses:

Clockwork Picco P7R One Tank Vid
With a Picco, that mileage is very impressive! Picco's aren't generally known for being very fuel efficient.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Armaan
Oh ok. When will the engine be released?
Honestly I think it will be a little while yet. There was a prototype seen in action being run by Mark Pavidis, but other than that I don't think there is any other news. I would think it is at least a couple months away.

For the money the Werks engines are very appealing.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

For the money the Werks engines are very appealing.

that picco is pretty impressive!

I wonder what a modded B5 would be like on runtime..
Old 06-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

On the hardest fuel mileage track I go to I timed 2 tanks- 10min 45sec and 10min 50sec till dry in my buggy with a fuel filter and tank insert out. Engine is a JS race prep with 086
Old 06-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

With a Picco, that mileage is very impressive! Picco's aren't generally known for being very fuel efficient.
LOL, I agree..that's the funny part of it all, mine isn't stock, so I won't ever say that a stocker would do that. It gets consistent great mileage, and has a TON of power, I can clear our triple from the inside of the turn, where others need a bigger run-up. I can actually take the turn on the inside, and slowly aim my truggy at the triple, then punch it and over-shoot the down-side. The power is just amazing. The track is also dry, and there's quite a bit of wheel spin. In case you were wondering, the Losi 8ight T 2.0 in that vid is powered by a Toro Nero.

This shows that more power doesn't always equal more fuel. More power can be achieved by a more efficient burn, and as a result, improved mileage can also be had. I have good faith in my modder for a good reason. He'll never make any mileage claims, but I know what his mills can do because I've owned a few of them now, along with my race partner who gets similar results in his Clockwork powered ST-RR.

...BTW, I still had fuel left in the tanks in that vid, enough for another lap, maybe a lap and a half..I just don't like to run my engines dry after running hard like that.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

reports of 11+ in buggy with Werks B6, 6mm venturi, +1 tooth on clutchbell and 2013 pipe!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Honestly I think it will be a little while yet. There was a prototype seen in action being run by Mark Pavidis, but other than that I don't think there is any other news. I would think it is at least a couple months away.
From what I've heard, the v-spec2 will be released in another month or 2.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
From what I've heard, the v-spec2 will be released in another month or 2.
Sweet!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
Running the Losi Nitrotec with Nova 9901/41021, 10+ every tank. Has 2 gallons, and continues to get better run time every time out. Great Engine.
I am running this engine now. It's dialed. Makes great power with the c6gtc/2013. Might have to try the 9901/41021 combo. Haven't checked the run time yet but I hope it will be good for 10+.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

I'll be buying a Clockwork modded B5 next I think..it sounds like a the real deal. When Neal tells me it's fast, I just believe him now, and it goes on my must-have list

I always feel that video speaks louder than words..it's hard to deny what is seen on video.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.