Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10min+ Run Time Engines?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was following the AMS pro race on live RC and it seems most of the guys were pitting at 7-8 minutes at the top level in both classes....I don't recall seeing any of them pit at 10 minutes....
Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Novarossi .21 plus4, And dont forget about the GRP .21, Both go over 10 with no problems.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default rerelease

the new TQ motor same as old GRP. It was the motor that kinda started the 10min pit intervals
Old 06-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo
I was following the AMS pro race on live RC and it seems most of the guys were pitting at 7-8 minutes at the top level in both classes....I don't recall seeing any of them pit at 10 minutes....

Racing and just driving on the track timing your self is two different things. Like someone said, driving effects the time alot.

My Nova gets me 12 mins just driving and 9 racing.
OS Vspec which I run most of the time and have been since they first came out i can run 14 mins driving and I pit at 7 1/2 under race conditions.

There are several factors in run time..

Track size and condition
TUNE
PIPE and HEADER
Tires
Suspension setup
Gearing
even the type of vehicle.

In actual race condition, from Pros to Joes, I have not seen no one but drake pit after 9 mins.....
Old 06-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

OS engines. Any of them(Speed, v-spec and JX Ninja) will do 10+ mins. I regularly pit at 10 minutes with the truggy and have with the buggy. As other have said, there are a ton of factors that contribute to mileage, not the least of which is the driver. I'm not a very throttle happy driver, so I tend to get better mileage than most do. I can go 14+ minutes with my OS speed in truggy. Plenty to comfortably pit at 10 minutes. Buggies, having a smaller tank, usually get slightly less run time. I usually pit at the 7:30 mark with the buggy, but on some tracks I can comfortably pit at 10. To pit at 10 minutes, IMO you have to be able to run 12 minutes on a tank. You never know when you will have to run an extra lap or two before pitting. The extra 2 minutes will insure you don't run out of gas in those situations.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

I think the Novarossi +4 is a great motor for run time and smooth linear power. I was doing an 11:30 min pitstops in race conditions in buggy. The motor will do 12+ mins in race conditions if driven properly. This is not on a small track, this is on a large track in race conditions.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

NovaRossi 21-4
Werks B5
Werks B6
O.S. VZ-B V-Spec II

Ok, so which of these holds a tune the best?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
people with Alpha engines green and orange are getting 10 min of run time with them
Originally Posted by MotoGod
+1, all 3 colors are getting 10+. I generally get @ 10:30 out of my orange head on a pretty fast and open track with a lot of technical jumps. So we spend a fair amount of time half throttle and up.
Originally Posted by Racecrafter
ALPHA Plus! = 10+
I get 10+ mins on my Alpha Orange head and the power is there when I need it. I haven't tried a motor with more power and runtime in this price range. Actually it keeps up with the more expensive motors I've run.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Armaan
NovaRossi 21-4
Werks B5
Werks B6
O.S. VZ-B V-Spec II

Ok, so which of these holds a tune the best?
OS. No question about that. OS engines are known for being the easiest tuning engines on the planet. All of those engines will tune and hold a tun just fine though.

BTW, I wouldn't buy a standard v-spec now( the OS in your link). It has been discontinued and is being replaced by a new engine. I would look to the Mugen Ninja(OS made) or the OS Speed Worlds v-spec II(great engine but very pricey).
Old 06-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

The Werks B5 is VERY easy to tune as well. it has a large tuning window. And holds a tune VERY well. Its just as good if not better than the $300+ engines out there.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
The Werks B5 is VERY easy to tune as well. it has a large tuning window. And holds a tune VERY well. Its just as good if not better than the $300+ engines out there.
+1 and Ron supports his engines like no other company and i have been running the B5 for sometime now and it runs awsome and at the PNB i got 12 minutes on a tank in a race and i was running nova engines before and i like the B5 alot more and i think my laast nova was $400 and it isnt as smooth as my B5.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
...In actual race condition, from Pros to Joes, I have not seen no one but drake pit after 9 mins.....

LOL, then you haven't been to our track yet I have pit between 9-10 minutes with my Modded Picco P7R, not every race, but it's been done quite a few times by yours truly. I drive ALOT harder during practise, than I do during a race, simply because I can drive harder and not have to worry about wrecking another driver's race, during a race, I try to keep it on the wheels.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
LOL, then you haven't been to our track yet I have pit between 9-10 minutes with my Modded Picco P7R, not every race, but it's been done quite a few times by yours truly. I drive ALOT harder during practise, than I do during a race, simply because I can drive harder and not have to worry about wrecking another driver's race, during a race, I try to keep it on the wheels.
Agreed, I drive harder during practice most of the time, unless I'm battling closely for the lead in a main. I like to drive hard during practice to find the limits of what is faster. Then come race time, I back down to a more steady pace to avoid costly crashes. I'm not a real trigger happy driver any of the time, so it is easy for me to pit at 10 minutes most of the time.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone get an STS to go over 10min, it can be done...
Old 06-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by token

Racing and just driving on the track timing your self is two different things. Like someone said, driving effects the time alot.

My Nova gets me 12 mins just driving and 9 racing.
OS Vspec which I run most of the time and have been since they first came out i can run 14 mins driving and I pit at 7 1/2 under race conditions.

There are several factors in run time..

Track size and condition
TUNE
PIPE and HEADER
Tires
Suspension setup
Gearing
even the type of vehicle.

In actual race condition, from Pros to Joes, I have not seen no one but drake pit after 9 mins.....
Yo dog, you race with me so yes you have seen people pit after 9 minutes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.