Search
Like Tree349Likes

NOVAROSSI Engine thread....

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by am
Yes, i have not used theese many glowplugs in years, combined... The old one in gold would last a gallon, now sometimes it is two tanks and its dead. Mye engines are healthy and so is the fuel. I had a coupple of old ones in gold pack, and they last.
Yes I agree. The gold packaged nova plugs were the most reliable and longest lasting plug I have ever used. Got them overseas off of eBay. Can't find them anymore.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Use 97T's all the time in my BTT. Work great!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

tip: if you are trying to use a plug for a gallon you are seriously jeopardizing your engines internals (its not a "my plug lasted 2 gallons" contest) , plug filaments get very brittle , they are designed to, so as they heat up to pretty high temps and are subjected to high pressures being part of the combustion chamber . i would highly recommend utilizing cool plugs no more than half gallon and hot plugs no more than 1/4 gallon of fuel , leaving hsn just a touch on the rich side will keep plug cooler as noted by the "wet" plug when inspected .you will notice the tune fluctuating , sign plug needs to be replaced for optimal performance

i have personally not have had any problems with the c6tgc as of late but dont really recommend 97t except for break in plug as they are very very brittle , large air orifice and thin element provide for easy tuning but plugs dont last long at all , i would personally change 97t plugs about every 6-8 tanks of fuel (no joke)

take my advice for what its worth , its up to you , i am not really trying to sell anybody plugs as some have mentioned before but more so offering the advice based off of knowledge from what i have seen from customers engines and have personal experience with
Old 08-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
tip: if you are trying to use a plug for a gallon you are seriously jeopardizing your engines internals (its not a "my plug lasted 2 gallons" contest) , plug filaments get very brittle , they are designed to, so as they heat up to pretty high temps and are subjected to high pressures being part of the combustion chamber . i would highly recommend utilizing cool plugs no more than half gallon and hot plugs no more than 1/4 gallon of fuel , leaving hsn just a touch on the rich side will keep plug cooler as noted by the "wet" plug when inspected .you will notice the tune fluctuating , sign plug needs to be replaced for optimal performance

i have personally not have had any problems with the c6tgc as of late but dont really recommend 97t except for break in plug as they are very very brittle , large air orifice and thin element provide for easy tuning but plugs dont last long at all , i would personally change 97t plugs about every 6-8 tanks of fuel (no joke)

take my advice for what its worth , its up to you , i am not really trying to sell anybody plugs as some have mentioned before but more so offering the advice based off of knowledge from what i have seen from customers engines and have personal experience with

words to live by. I change my c6 plugs on average every other race day or 3 times a gallon. Never a flame out in over 7 gallons. Knock on wood.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Monty. Thanks for the info on hot plugs!!!!

Without knowing this, I have been doing what you recommend (shit ass luck lol!).

I put a new plug in for practice - say about 30 minutes - roughly 500cc approx 1/8 gallon.

New plug in for racing, 3 - 7 minute quals and 1 - 30 min main - roughly 60 minutes run time. 7 - 8 tank fulls - approx 1/4 gallon.

Bill

Last edited by Retired09; 08-27-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Damn I guess I need to start doing this also. I've been trying to win the plug life contest! Guess its time to stock my box with glow plugs.. CHA-CHING!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Regarding the 97t plug, I guess u get Wat u pay for. Getting more plugs cheaper, but then replacing them more often isn't really achieving anything more or less. I'm jut finding out as much info on the novas as possible for a friend that I'm helping out get setup for his first nitro 1/8 buggy. I'm very interested to see how this engine goes once we hit the track
Will still probably go the O'Donnell plug and replace it every morning before a new days racing at a minimum. Thanks a lot for everyones advice and tips, I've found this thread very helpful
Old 08-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Tyson72
Regarding the 97t plug, I guess u get Wat u pay for. Getting more plugs cheaper, but then replacing them more often isn't really achieving anything more or less. I'm jut finding out as much info on the novas as possible for a friend that I'm helping out get setup for his first nitro 1/8 buggy. I'm very interested to see how this engine goes once we hit the track
Will still probably go the O'Donnell plug and replace it every morning before a new days racing at a minimum. Thanks a lot for everyones advice and tips, I've found this thread very helpful
Thats awesome
Old 08-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Another piece of plug knowledge. Do NOT use a brand new plug for a main. You want to put at least one good heat cycle on a plug before subjecting it to the abuse of a long main. I like to put a new plug in and run a few laps on it in practice. Just half a tank to a full tank. Pull it out, check it to make sure it still glows and isn't damaged, then save it for future use. Now you know it's a good plug and have toughened it up a bit for the main.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

A few quick questions please:

1) A steel flywheel has what advantages in what circumstances?

2) An aluminium flywheel has what advantages in what circumstances?

I have stock, aluminum flywheels for my Team Associated cars.
I run the Novarossi BONITO.21-7XLB 7 Port .21 in my RC8T.
I run a Novarossi PLUS.21-4BTTA TUNED 4 Port .21 in my RC8.2

3) Is there a steel version flywheel comparable to the Team Associated Flywheel, Hard Anodized Aluminum (RC8) [ASC89136]? If you could answer and link, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tyson72
Ok thanks a lot.
That is great run time! Would this pipe/manifold fit the mp9 ok?
NVR51020-21
Yes sir, I run Kyosho. Perfect fit. Smooth as butter too with this combo. 14/46 gearing. 1.0 springs and 20%nitro. Perfect dusty track setup.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So I am looking into a Keep OFF 4 Port or a 4 BTT. What kind of runtime are you guys averaging in each motor? Which pipe and header work best? My main goal is to get consistant fuel mileage. Which should I go with?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wingracer
Another piece of plug knowledge. Do NOT use a brand new plug for a main. You want to put at least one good heat cycle on a plug before subjecting it to the abuse of a long main. I like to put a new plug in and run a few laps on it in practice. Just half a tank to a full tank. Pull it out, check it to make sure it still glows and isn't damaged, then save it for future use. Now you know it's a good plug and have toughened it up a bit for the main.
Understand the logic but have never seen any body including the pros do this.

Rest of you on this forum do this?
Old 08-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

I have a big assortment of plugs - NR, Picco, OS, and Odonnell. And the OD's easily last as long as anything else, if not longer. If any of them are suspect in terms of longevity, it's OS.

It's just an error to assume that because they are cheaper, they are not as good. (Same applies to engines of course....................................)

Last edited by Herrsavage; 08-27-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I have a big assortment of plugs - NR, Picco, OS, and Odonnell. And the OD's easily last as long as anything else, if not longer. If any of them are suspect in terms of longevity, it's OS.

It's just an error to assume that because they are cheaper, they are not as good.
I personally am not assuming anything , I know for fact what is what

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.