Old 05-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCmayor
I'm waiting for V25.
should be in 2 weeks then. LOL
Old 05-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

It's still pretty awesome that with a Blast you're basically getting a C6 for under $200 - an engine which cost twice that a few years ago and was about as good as you could get.. Is a modern fancy-pants Speed or Reds RRTTTEE V3 "Team Edition" or whatever which does cost double what a Blast costs really all that much better?... Has the nitro buggy engine wheel been reinvented in the last five years?
Old 05-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I was really impressed when I received my first blast. Tore it apart and found really good stuff inside. Just hard to keep up with all the different variations. Got a blast v15 around Christmas and now I got the V19 which is totally different inside with 5 ports and 14.5 crank. Then back to 7 ports on the V20. I didn't even notice a V16, 17, 18 and so on. Still one of the best bang for the buck on a true italian engine.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:08 AM
Tech Champion

I think at least one of the things going on is that some of the Blasts come from Germany, some from RB UK, etc.. They don't all come from the same place(the parts do, of course..) Again - I'm not totally sure, but it seems to be so.. The V9 for ex. was available in the UK and US (Amain), but never in Germany. Some of the recent ones I've only seen available in southern Europe. AFAIK the first Blasts came from RMV in Germany.. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's not the case that all the Blasts have come from one central company, one after the other. They originate in different places and markets.. Or maybe they are all produced in one place, but distributed differently via various national distributors (like RMV in Germany..) for the various markets.. In Germany for ex. I'm pretty sure the only ones ever available here were the V1-V5, V8, V10-12, and the V14. I think the V17 too is on the RMV site... None of the others though were ever availble here.

I haven't run either my V9 or V15 yet. I thought the V15 had a 14.5mm crank? What do you think of the V15?

So far I have only run my Fires, which I really, really like.. They're also Blast-esque afaik, being made up of older parts from other engines...
Old 05-10-2014, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I think at least one of the things going on is that some of the Blasts come from Germany, some from RB UK, etc.. They don't all come from the same place(the parts do, of course..) Again - I'm not totally sure, but it seems to be so.. The V9 for ex. was available in the UK and US (Amain), but never in Germany. Some of the recent ones I've only seen available in southern Europe. AFAIK the first Blasts came from RMV in Germany.. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's not the case that all the Blasts have come from one central company, one after the other. They originate in different places and markets.. Or maybe they are all produced in one place, but distributed differently via various national distributors (like RMV in Germany..) for the various markets.. In Germany for ex. I'm pretty sure the only ones ever available here were the V1-V5, V8, V10-12, and the V14. I think the V17 too is on the RMV site... None of the others though were ever availble here.

I haven't run either my V9 or V15 yet. I thought the V15 had a 14.5mm crank? What do you think of the V15?

So far I have only run my Fires, which I really, really like.. They're also Blast-esque afaik, being made up of older parts from other engines...
makes sense to me now, You could be right.
As for the V15..Features:

Long stroke
Turbo 14mm balanced and lightened crankshaft, with two balance weights.
Competition light and strong conrod
High speed main and front ball bearings
Piston/liner 5 ports with 2 by pass and MES (Multi Exhaust System)
Turbo combustion chamber
Rigid and strong carter
9mm special buggy carburettor with 7mm restrictor
Big cooling head
Orange dust protectors included

there was a prior version with a LCG head but I don't know which one. Wish I got that one.
I really can't say on the stock V15 performance in truggy because I added some crank timing on it before hand. Pushes the D8T around with ease.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yup... my V11 was all RB parts. V19 was all Nova. Even the RB guy at Amain didn't know the 19 had a different rod.

So far so good on the new 19. No funny business. 15 break in going smoothly as well. Be interesting to have them both broke in at the same time and get a chance to compare how they run.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Interesting.. Probably because some RB parts are likely just straight-up rebranded Nova parts.

Last edited by Herrsavage; 05-11-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone have any feedback on the new slsdi5 yet ? Is it just a bonito or something entirely different ?
Old 05-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hi all,

Hoping you can help, during Neo I gave up on my Reds engine and put in a new bxrsls5 and the RB guys there tuned it in...

...anyway, having only ever had an os and then reds before, and only ever having done 6-7 nitro meetings, I never asked about the needles on the rb!

So on the below, the needle in the brass collar is the main/hls, is the other screw visible the lsn, or the idle screw? Also, is it normal to have so much screw exposed as that?

If it isn't the lsn where is lsn, and if it is is the idle screw the one on the throttle linkage?

Old 05-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Hi all,

Hoping you can help, during Neo I gave up on my Reds engine and put in a new bxrsls5 and the RB guys there tuned it in...

...anyway, having only ever had an os and then reds before, and only ever having done 6-7 nitro meetings, I never asked about the needles on the rb!

So on the below, the needle in the brass collar is the main/hls, is the other screw visible the lsn, or the idle screw? Also, is it normal to have so much screw exposed as that?

If it isn't the lsn where is lsn, and if it is is the idle screw the one on the throttle linkage?

Everything there looks normal. Yes, it's normal for the idle screw to stick out that far.

The low speed needle is the one inside the carb slide.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by travertini
Anyone have any feedback on the new slsdi5 yet ? Is it just a bonito or something entirely different ?
Short and Sweet analysis .... A Bonito and C6 have a baby.... this baby would be the BXRSLSDI5....... It has the same geometric architecture as the Bonito but with a C6 style sleeve ...So it runs quite similar to a Bonito..I would say slightly more bottom end oriented... Also short needle carb, which does have a different tuning characteristic...... I just ran a modified version the other day in the field....It ran quite well and felt very good..... Our track is still a mud pit from winter thaw, so have not had it on the track yet...
Old 05-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
Everything there looks normal. Yes, it's normal for the idle screw to stick out that far.

The low speed needle is the one inside the carb slide.
Ok, so that's the idle screw and the lsn is the one facing the other way on the slide? Thanks!
Old 05-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Okay... good news...

Both engines have 8 tanks then a full fuel bottle thru them.

V15 is in buggy with a 2045, temping about 210. So smooth. It's gonna need a little more up top, but that is probably because of the pipe. Pipe prolly why it's temping a little higher than V19. So crazy how quiet this pipe is...

V19 is in truck with a 2013, temping 185, plenty of power for truck, even at this point. Super happy with it considering what I went thru to get to this point(long story). Once it drops it's gonna get crazy. The 2013 works really well on these engines in a truck, even a stock one. So is the stock Blast enough for a truck? The answer is yes.

So at this point I just rem them as is till they drop. Big race this weekend so it's sure to happen at the worst possible time :-|

Super happy to be back with RBs.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Ok, so that's the idle screw and the lsn is the one facing the other way on the slide? Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.