Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Go-Tech Engines Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

It won't matter which way you put the shims back in. The con rod is a really tight fit until after a couple of gallons, then it will come off real easy
Old 04-20-2008, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jesussaves
Hi All,

Just finished sealing my 3p R spec.

I need help in the following areas please.....

1 The sleeve was easy to remove but I could not take rod out, just would not come out could some one give me any hints please... The night before I completely stripped and cleaned my OS VG and everything just popped out

2 The 3p R spec has 2 shims from factory, Does it matter which way the shims are placed back in? Or does have to Brass 1st then Sliver or vice verse?

Thanks for all you help..
hey j,

like Grizz said you'll really struggle to get the rod off untill at least 2-2.5 gallons and I can't see why you really what to take the rod off at such an early stage. but if you absolutely have to get it off -a couple of pages back someone came up with a tool to get the rod off with out damaging anything sorry cant give you the page # off the top of my head

2. the shims are only spacers for head clearance so it doesn't matter what order as long as they go back in.

Adrian
Old 04-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by grizz1
It won't matter which way you put the shims back in. The con rod is a really tight fit until after a couple of gallons, then it will come off real easy
Grizz1 Thanks for help mate

Originally Posted by RETRO RC
hey j,

like Grizz said you'll really struggle to get the rod off untill at least 2-2.5 gallons and I can't see why you really what to take the rod off at such an early stage. but if you absolutely have to get it off -a couple of pages back someone came up with a tool to get the rod off with out damaging anything sorry cant give you the page # off the top of my head

2. the shims are only spacers for head clearance so it doesn't matter what order as long as they go back in.

Adrian
Adrian thanks for your help mate By the way the Rod removing tool you mentioned is it located in the earlier , middle or later pages of forum, would you like to take pot shot....

Once again thankyou felleae’s for helping me out
Old 04-20-2008, 01:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 22Racer
Here's a pic of the tool I made today to get the rod off the crankpin. Worked awesome, just turned it with my fingers.

Rex
hey you go mate page 55 also has more info on removing rods

http://rctech.net/forum/attachment.p...2&d=1202783834

Adrian
Old 04-20-2008, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Adrian, all set for next weekend ? Spent all Saturday at the track shovelling clay etc. It's looking really good. If the weather plays the game this week it will be a beaut surface. Got the buggy all up to speed and ready to go (see pics) including a new body from Craig. Go Team Go-Tech !!!!
Attached Thumbnails Go-Tech Engines Thread-cl-1-pro-team-kit_1.jpg   Go-Tech Engines Thread-cl-1-pro-team-kit_3.jpg  
Old 04-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Since this is the official thread for Go Tech I'm sure I could get the answer... I have the X!X Jammin CRT and I am looking for a good go tech motor that will get the truck around the track... .21 3 port .28 Or what ... I"m shopping now.. I have one go tech now on my revo and it's awesome
THanks for any help
Old 04-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Revo Basher
Since this is the official thread for Go Tech I'm sure I could get the answer... I have the X!X Jammin CRT and I am looking for a good go tech motor that will get the truck around the track... .21 3 port .28 Or what ... I"m shopping now.. I have one go tech now on my revo and it's awesome
THanks for any help
I'd go either withthe 5port Turbo or the .25 6port depending your taste. The 5port would be more fuel efficient and still plenty for truggy but if you like the grunt and almost insane power go with the .25. .28 6port would then skyrocket your ride to the moon so be carefull
Old 04-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Revo Basher
THanks for any help
The 5p turbo is good in a truggy.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

what's different in the 3 port race & the 3 port sport
Old 04-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was looking for a little reassurance. Last night at the track my 5 port with about a gallon got up to about 300 after about three to four minutes of practice, There was still plenty of smoke but now the pinch doesn't seem very tight. I can spin it by hand now. I installed the extra shim should I leave it in and would I have done serious damage? It seemed to run good later that night in the main.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

That's a tad warm, but it should be OK. If it ran OK later I wouldn't be too worried. Guys seem to race the 5 Ports at around 260 and say the motors go best at these temps. May pay to keep an eye on the front bearing. I believe they sometimes start to leak a little if the motor has been pretty hot. It's certainly run in now !!!

rawdawgga - The 3 Port R Spec is a full on race motor, were as the Sport model is a standard motor more suitable for general use.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RETRO RC
hey you go mate page 55 also has more info on removing rods

http://rctech.net/forum/attachment.p...2&d=1202783834

Adrian
Thanks Adrian, spot on

I'm planning a trip to Auckland at the end of the year, I guess I'll have to pack my car now and have a race with some fellow Go racers, just got to figure out how to strap these cars to me body.. to save on the excess baggage I'm always paying excess baggage when ever I go OS
Old 04-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

hi im thinkin about getting the 3 port and i was wondering if it is worth the money. I was also wondering if it is possible to find it cheaper than $124.99
Old 04-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by maycam10
hi im thinkin about getting the 3 port and i was wondering if it is worth the money. I was also wondering if it is possible to find it cheaper than $124.99
It's 115 on amain when you add it to your cart. and YES it is worth the money. Mine is in its 4th gallon, has amazing pinch and flat out rips for a 'sport' motor.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Grizz thanks I was a little worried about the pinch being much easier, I guess I will keep running it and see what happens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.