Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Hey kody, put a set of. Sweeps aside for me!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default New products for Saturday!

Will do Jeff.

This Saturday you will find a few new products on the table.

Also if anyone is in need or thinking about picking up a new AE car kit don't hesitate to ask. A lucky racer is receiving his new TC6.1 Worlds car this Saturday. It takes 1-3 days to get most AE car kits.

K
Old 02-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If anyone has use for a Cobalt 27t brushed motor (fresh build, given to me by Korey) LMK. Either pickup for free in west Seattle or I'll mail it to you for $5 (paypal).
--Bill
Old 02-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Race Time? Race Time!

Hey RC Buds,

What time is track setup tomorrow?

Thanks!
Sam
Old 02-15-2013, 12:29 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samwise
Hey RC Buds,

What time is track setup tomorrow?

Thanks!
Sam
as soon you get there lol...jk
I believe 5:00 pm
Old 02-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TracySlatten
Todd,
That may just be the case, a little more front cushion/bite. And the rear tires seem to be able to keep up with the fronts, so faster overall. My split was the same as the crc at 42.2 and 41, to start. 41ish and 40ish to end after 3 runs. I have noticed when you can't squish the tires with your fingers at the end of the night and feel no more give, thats not enough tire left. I have run tires to the rim and they are junk when they get that far gone or near when you can't feel the tire give on the rim.

Also, have they fixed the sloppy bearing fit in the fronts? It seemed to fit the bearing well without blue tape applied to the front rim. Are the JACO/PARMA rims all better now?

Is anyone going to carry 12th tires locally, or are we all on our own?
I've never been able to get CRC tires to work for me, I struggled for a long time and tried a set of Jaco because everyone was out of CRC's and I went from zero to hero. Not running CRC tires literally changed my life. Individual results my vary.

The front bearing issue with Jaco wheels is fixed.

I still continue to sell SXT, and Jaco tires at my store, though due to lackluster sales have started clearancing the Jaco tires again. I mainly stock them for me and Garrett at this point.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

I've got one NIB Reedy Sonic 17.5 motor left in stock. The first $70 cash in my hands tonight gets it!

K
Old 02-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Hey Guys, looks like I'm finally going to be able to make it on Saturday, first time in 2 months that life didn't managed to drop a steamer on my racing schedule. Since I haven't ran on the new layout, would anyone be willing to share some gearing recommendations for Scale Spec and Stock TC?

Speaking of gearing, a while back I screwed-up and ordered the some pinions in the wrong pitch. I have CRC CLN 64041 41T and CLN 64042 42T pinions, new in the package for $5 each if anyone wants them. 64p of course. I'll have them in my pit box.
Originally Posted by malkiy
Try 3.7 - 3.9 FDR for stock TC.
I still think the new layout rewards shorter gearing. I'm at 4.1.

-Mike
Old 02-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Great racing last night everyone!

Oh man! The 17.5 stock sedan A main was intense! I tried to keep Brett behind me and eventually cracked under the pressure on the last lap. My knees were literally shaking under the pressure! That's what racing is all about though! It was total fun. I'm really really looking forward to watching the main on YouTube!

Peace Dawgs!
Sam
Old 02-17-2013, 12:27 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Samwise
Great racing last night everyone!

Oh man! The 17.5 stock sedan A main was intense! I tried to keep Brett behind me and eventually cracked under the pressure on the last lap. My knees were literally shaking under the pressure! That's what racing is all about though! It was total fun. I'm really really looking forward to watching the main on YouTube!

Peace Dawgs!
Sam
lol
Every ones in the amain 17.5 did very well..it was pretty cool to watch...
You did great Sam...
Old 02-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Default Race Night

A full strength night of racing at the Gym! 72 entries and 11 heats, pizza in the lobby, a new track record, and hard racing across the board.

In Scale Spec, Phil Gibson took back the track record from Jeff Kuney by 2/10th's of a second. A narrow margin, to be sure. But, once again, Phil is the fastest Scale Spec racer in the club. Whoever wants us to believe otherwise will have to show up and prove it on the track. Phil did it with a silver can, too. It's good to see the ancient $15 dynamo still relevant in the brushless era

The race of the night, on a night of good racing, was the mid-pack battle between Mike, Grant, and Matt. After agonizing minutes of nose to tail, turn to turn battling, it was Grant who sliced through Matt and Mike from the 3-spot in their freight train. While the results show that it was for a modest 4th place overall, it's often the case that the grippiest racing is in the middle of the field. These three provided a brilliant demonstration of the fact. It was close, clean, and thrilling. Well driven, gentlemen!

Novice was full! This club grows its own. In last night's Novice field were 4 children of current racers. It is hugely encouraging to see the effort our Dad racers are making to get their sons and daugthers out to race. I know the nights can run late, but it's good to see the enthusiasm and the future of the sport taking root in our race program.

Modified Touring was fast and formidable, as always. I enjoy the contrast, but also the continuity between Novice and Mod TC running back to back in the program. It pays to be patient with the mayhem of Novice, because the payoff is there in Mod. The balance of finesse and aggression that is Modified racing is a result of years and years of experience. And when it is working, as it so often does on our race nights, it is a privilege to witness.

The F1 field was full. This class is earning a fixed place in our program, so I would like to put the goal out there for those who enjoy it. Keep showing up and the spot will be secure. But, the one thing I want to see is a keener sense of F1 as a class with unique demands. As in its full scale iteration, open wheel racing demands extra attention to racing clean when the racing is close. You simply cannot bump each other as you can with cars whose wheels are enclosed. F1 looks absolutely splendid on the track, less so, though, when they are upside down. Passes have to be clean, and patience as a strategy has to prevail. If that means waiting, waiting, and waiting some more for that clean pass, then that's what it takes. Show us how it should be done gentlemen!

4th place was the spot to earn last night. I said Stock 1/12th was the battle of the night, but there is a case to be made for the touring cars. Sam and Brett went nose to tail for long minutes, and at the end, I thought it was Brett who took it from Sam on the final lap. But, as the results show, Sam and Brett flashed across at 6-flat, and the computer took several seconds to resolve the result. As I was calling the action in real time, my eyes were on the track and computer, and I did not catch the actual result until this morning! Sam, my friend, your nerves held strong clear through to the end, and you successfully defended your position against Brett, one of our perennial best. Well driven!

Mod 1/12th was light, but fun all the same. I'm liking the new TR-12 body and have some minor adjustments to make for next time. But, I think it's a good addition to what we normally see on the track. I found it to be stable and balanced, which is good for Mod. Or at least, it's good for me in Mod

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (73.3 KB, 48 views)
Round2.txt (74.1 KB, 53 views)
Round3.txt (60.1 KB, 98 views)
Old 02-17-2013, 03:22 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Nice report..todd
Old 02-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

stock TC 17.5 video : ( the Brett and Sam dual was awesome ! )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l78IDEQJ80Q

MOD TC : ( besides the contact...that was a totally clean pass I put on Kody )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCS-LcRniyk

Stock 12th Amain : ( the trip to "Grants Pass" )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ3FtEWt5oU

Stock 12th Bmain : ( the Stuart show )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwTx5kGCvo4

Scale spec A main : ( calling Dr. Phil )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74kTkPWikms

Stock TC B Main : ( bump )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFKcWNClj8I

F1 main : ( he's so fast, he must be Chveten (joke, joke, nice job Mark )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hww7FtjEb5U

Novice Main : ( A couple Danica Patricks in this field ! )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioacPsHWeXE

... and thats all she wrote !

Last edited by Magnet Top; 02-19-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Not sure if everyone saw, but Kody is selling these cool hitec x1 chargers that are ac/dc and about the size of a cheeseburger for only $60. What a steal and you do not need to use a power supply. Too cool! Just thought I would throw that out there as its a perfect charger for anyone from a novice to the seasoned racer.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Season points through the Saturday 16Feb2013 race are attached below.

Bill S.
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.