Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Fact #1: Ron Schuur is head of ROAR? No. He is the "Technical Director"

Fact #2: Did Ron do the testing on the D3.5? No. Ex President Steve Pond did.
Ex pres did make it legal.. He isn't anymore, now it's not legal, I'm not sure why you care so much about roar?

He obviously did the testing now if he is the technical director, tere really is no need to defend him..

Scenario:

I am the technical director for overseeing all f1 cars to make sure they comply with all the rules, I do this in my spare time, full time I own a successful team that is 2nd in points, I check out the #1 car on a weekly basis, one day I buy new tools and without notice my tool finds something it hasn't seen before, there banned.. But I don't tell them until race day.

I don't care that the motor is legal or not, I have a full roll ow 20awg I will bring and we can mic 10 feet of it, I don't like how now 1 day before a race I'm driving around looking for a motor, I found none, I realize u guys all put up 17.5's to borrow but man, I really don't wanna run someone's blown out slow motor

Obviously f1 would NEVER let this conflict of interest happen, so why are we saying it's ok for roar?

I have been through this before with the co27's, and I have been through so much motor crap at the hand of roar, they cause nothing but headaches and yet you support every word they say no matter what

Last edited by flameoutgarrett; 01-18-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Ex pres did make it legal.. He isn't anymore, now it's not legal, I'm not sure why you care so much about roar?

He obviously did the testing now if he is the technical director, tere really is no need to defend him..

Scenario:

I am the technical director for overseeing all f1 cars to make sure they comply with all the rules, I do this in my spare time, full time I own a successful team that is 2nd in points, I check out the #1 car on a weekly basis, one day I buy new tools and without notice my tool finds something it hasn't seen before, there banned.. But I don't tell them until race day.

I don't care that the motor is legal or not, I have a full roll ow 20awg I will bring and we can mic 10 feet of it, I don't like how now 1 day before a race I'm driving around looking for a motor, I found none, I realize u guys all put up 17.5's to borrow but man, I really don't wanna run someone's blown out slow motor

I have been through this before with the co27's, and I have been through so much motor crap at the hand of roar, they cause nothing but headaches and yet you support every word they say no matter what

Okay Todd I C your point

Last edited by OVA; 01-18-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

But we are a ROAR club so we should follow ROAR rules/rulings.....
Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Garrett, I'm not going to try talking you out of being pissed. This whole situation is tough, but I believe that swift and decisive action is the best course.

From my perspective, every race night matters. People come from all over to race with us, and it's no small effort to pull off a race night. We can't guarantee an even playing field or equal outcomes or any of that. But as I posted before, to the best of our abilities, we can cultivate a field of fair play. ROAR is a key ally in the effort, and in the main, a very reliable one. We're going to stick with them.

Also, for what it's worth, my donations to the motor pool are lightly used and top shelf.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Scenario:

Obviously f1 would NEVER let this conflict of interest happen, so why are we saying it's ok for roar?

Mister, you are out of line with that last bit.

Direct your frustration at the douches that exploited the rule weakness. You know, the same chowderheads that want us all to think it was an honest mistake.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Why you ask? Well to start with I am the regional director for ROAR. Not that this means much but I'm trying to do my small part to better the racing in the NW. We are better with ROAR then without.

False. Steve Pond did the testing as to not have any conflict of interest.

Scenario:

There not blown out slow motors... Hell one of Todds might be the old track record holder motor. There might have been a possibility to have used last years 3rd place 12th scale Nats motor too!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

30+ pages is a lot to read. So here you go,

YES, it is. Not by Ron Schuur, but by me - the now former president of ROAR. In spite of the lies being spread throughout this thread that Ron Schuur is doing the motor approvals, it's completely false. I am doing to motor approvals and did all of the compliance testing related to this issue.

I'm taking screen shots of all the false and disparaging remarks and keeping them for our records. I'm tired of good people's names being dragged through the mud to achieve one's objective. Ron Schuur, the ROAR technical director, has recused HIMSELF from involvement in this issue because we all knew that this would be the outcome. But truth and integrity seem to mean nothing when it comes to these discussions. Ron's conduct as ROAR Technical Director has been the definition of integrity, and his input has been very valuable to the organization. I might add that he contributes a great deal of his own time as a volunteer, and his passion is for the greater good of the sport/hobby and nothing else.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gwhiz
Mister, you are out of line with that last bit.

Direct your frustration at the douches that exploited the rule weakness. You know, the same chowderheads that want us all to think it was an honest mistake.
I used to build motors for most of the top drivers, I have built multiple national (and yea roar) winning motors, what goes on behind the scenes most will never know, these motors are all made by the same people In other countries, trinity has been making motors for more years than any of us have been racing, this is there 3rd mistake (im pretty sure) In 30 years, to insinuate that Ernie calls up Hong Kong and says hey I need you to make the wire on this motor .002 bigger is not even possible, the wire we use comes in 1/2 increments..

I am not out of line one bit, I spent my 90$ on a motor like everyone else, I'm not tryin to be a douche, most people can't afford to buy new motors after they probly just got there fresh ones for the year, think of the dad on unemployment who scrapes together 20$ for the race night to have a little fun.. Is someone reall gonna loan him a motor week after week?

Todd I have nothing but respect for the program and everything is top notch, we have fun and a lot of it, I just think that maybe a pass could have been granted for one race so people not on Rctech and ones that can't find a motor are happy also, these motors aren't faster it's the people behind them doing the work
Old 01-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I will gladly sacrifice some of my practice time to help solder motors that are lent out to replace 3.5s

For those who are weary, I have numerous IPC certifications and will be using an LRP soldering station
Old 01-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Ok I'm done, but this isn't good, now people are picking apart roars rules and getting "technical" now novak aftermarket cans on novak a website say they are legal but are not on roars list, people will keep digging and were all gonna end up running old speedpassion motors haha

Dang is it time to race yet I've had 3 race less weeks here
Old 01-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I used to build motors for most of the top drivers, I have built multiple national (and yea roar) winning motors, what goes on behind the scenes most will never know, these motors are all made by the same people In other countries, trinity has been making motors for more years than any of us have been racing, this is there 3rd mistake (im pretty sure) In 30 years, to insinuate that Ernie calls up Hong Kong and says hey I need you to make the wire on this motor .002 bigger is not even possible, the wire we use comes in 1/2 increments..

I am not out of line one bit, I spent my 90$ on a motor like everyone else, I'm not tryin to be a douche, most people can't afford to buy new motors after they probly just got there fresh ones for the year, think of the dad on unemployment who scrapes together 20$ for the race night to have a little fun.. Is someone reall gonna loan him a motor week after week?

Todd I have nothing but respect for the program and everything is top notch, we have fun and a lot of it, I just think that maybe a pass could have been granted for one race so people not on Rctech and ones that can't find a motor are happy also, these motors aren't faster it's the people behind them doing the work
I see your point despite the extra shit that comes with it.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pizza?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
Pizza?
I remember Todd saying we would do it again... If not there is a killer place that will deliver right up the street.

K
Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

id be down to through a 5 on delivery if there isnt!! and i officially love fantasy world i didnt get to shop around but the glimpse i did get was sweet and the driver stand was even cooler what a idea the bus thing is sweet i figured out my rolling problem and cant wait to see wgt wise around gonna be fun!!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Getting ready to leave. I'm so excited!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.