Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho drivers of the NorthWest

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Exterminator
Both the SP and FS are great cars. It comes down to if you want to run saddle or stick packs. I use the SP due to already having a supply of stick type packs. The FS has some added strength in the shock tower mounts and reports say that it has more rear grip. So to sum it up if you have Saddle packs get the FS if you want to save money and use your current sticktype packs get the SP.
Either ways the Kyosho will be at the front again this year =).
tim

Hey Tim,

I started looking into the FS but it seems like it might be difficult to get the kit and or parts for this specific model. Is there a good place to get what I am looking for?

Originally Posted by MIKESRCSTORE
I right it is time to tell the truth pat just got a new mp9 is he is now a memeber of team kyosho looking for help lol

i mess;in with you pat but is does have a new mp9 sweet !!!!

You bad little boy letting the cat out of the bag $100.00 front hubs scares the crap out of me that is for sure Good luck this weekend and I wish I could join you!

Originally Posted by tomdav
Even though it says no lipos for the FS I know you can get a SMC saddle pack in there no problem. Get the FS.
Miss ya buddy,

You are ONE of the great guys in the NW and I totally respect your opinion on this subject(Since you kick as*). I am hoping that running 4-Mod will teach me better skills for 1/8 buggy that way someday I can stay on the same lap with all you fine folks My Hyper might be my E-rig this year but I have not committed to it yet but damn it sure would be a great backup ride

Originally Posted by 1 Xtreme R/C
I have a brand new ZX-5 SP, with some goodies on it, that hasn't touched dirt. I'll sell if your interested?

I planed on setting it up to run the 10.5 4WD ECT class, and my B44 in MOD. Haven't completly made up my mind yet.
Well hmmm sounds good but I want to build a new kit and start fresh. Quantos por favor for the inquiring mind
Old 01-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Regional Moderator

The FS is available in kit form right now. I know that Scott ordered one for a customer and had it in within 3 days. The FS and SP use mostly the same parts. The parts that are unique to the FS are available and ready to order. Don't fear not getting parts that is one of the reasons for the delay in the FS kit coming out. Kyosho wanted to make sure that they had backup parts available.
It might be more dificult to get a SP at this time. If you look at E-bay and other used rc outlets people don't seem to be selling their Kyosho's. Guess winning makes ya want to keep 'em.
Tim
Old 01-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The FS is available in kit form right now. I know that Scott ordered one for a customer and had it in within 3 days. The FS and SP use mostly the same parts. The parts that are unique to the FS are available and ready to order. Don't fear not getting parts that is one of the reasons for the delay in the FS kit coming out. Kyosho wanted to make sure that they had backup parts available.
It might be more dificult to get a SP at this time. If you look at E-bay and other used rc outlets people don't seem to be selling their Kyosho's. Guess winning makes ya want to keep 'em.
Tim
Yeah but I didn't pick it up until day 5. I also ordered up some spares specific to the FS and Scott had no problem getting those either. As usual for a Kyosho the build was easy. Great fitment of the parts and only got the Dremel out for one thing. I think I spent more time figuring out how to fit the electronics into the car than actually building it.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys,

Well from what I see online there are no FSs available maybe I will end up with a SP I do not order from local shops here in town as I am not a fan of these shops Ok Tim W. why should I buy Kyosho electric? Thanks in advance for your opinion
Old 01-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Pat check it out.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=52&id=7979

Anyone want a nice B4. Just drove a RB5 last night and it felt really good. I'm waiting for Kyosho to come out with a RB5 with all the updates.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pat,get one and come play in 4wd buggy w/ us at A-main so I can you use you for traction w/ my b44.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by motomanpat
Thanks guys,

Well from what I see online there are no FSs available maybe I will end up with a SP I do not order from local shops here in town as I am not a fan of these shops Ok Tim W. why should I buy Kyosho electric? Thanks in advance for your opinion
You will find that the Kyosho 4wd is easy to work on. and reliable. If you race and any of the outdoor tracks you will have a advantage in the rougher stuff. The Kyosho shocks are second to none. I belive that the kysosho's have racing at the heart and are willing to put a quality race product on the track. You will find help available online in anyone of the many forums dedicated to kyosho products. With team members always willing to help guide you to the setup that works for you.
While I haven't tried the FS yet. That was my choice only due to keeping the same batteries in my vehicles. I would recomend the FS over the SP only due to some upgrades that they have improved in the shock mount area and reported better grip in the rear.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Tim
Old 01-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by KR145
Pat,get one and come play in 4wd buggy w/ us at A-main so I can you use you for traction w/ my b44.
Was that one of the B-44's I lapped at the last ECT?
they do provide good traction in the washboards. =)
Old 01-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Pat check it out.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=52&id=7979

Anyone want a nice B4. Just drove a RB5 last night and it felt really good. I'm waiting for Kyosho to come out with a RB5 with all the updates.

Thanks for the link Tom,
350$ hmmm not too bad!

No doubt Kev you need all the help you can get just like one of those bugs that gets flipped on its back and it can't get flipped back over. Don't worry you will be seeing me soon enough well at least when I pass you I will wave.

You will find that the Kyosho 4wd is easy to work on. and reliable. If you race and any of the outdoor tracks you will have a advantage in the rougher stuff. The Kyosho shocks are second to none. I belive that the kysosho's have racing at the heart and are willing to put a quality race product on the track. You will find help available online in anyone of the many forums dedicated to kyosho products. With team members always willing to help guide you to the setup that works for you.
While I haven't tried the FS yet. That was my choice only due to keeping the same batteries in my vehicles. I would recomend the FS over the SP only due to some upgrades that they have improved in the shock mount area and reported better grip in the rear.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Tim
Thanks Tim,

That is exactly the info I wanted to hear! I can't wait to come up to Tacoma when I do get a kit so I can hit some walls and test the durability just kidding. I have not ordered yet but I do have a MP9 kit that needs some building. It sure is going to be nice to have some new rides this coming year.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nope,didnt lap me there,I am not fast enough to be in the ECT.IF I was there,I would heve been lapped I am sure.I was just giving an ol' nitro racing buddy a hard time about getting an electric buggy.

Pat, MP9 eh?Sweet....
I am ready for some nitro off road my self in the Great Outdoors.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Nope,didnt lap me there,I am not fast enough to be in the ECT.IF I was there,I would heve been lapped I am sure.I was just giving an ol' nitro racing buddy a hard time about getting an electric buggy.

Pat, MP9 eh?Sweet....
I am ready for some nitro off road my self in the Great Outdoors.

I thought I would give the MP9 a try and see how different it is from the Hyper I am with you on the being lapped thing but hey I guess that means we could race together and be on the same lap Oh ya you are fast enough to run in the ECT
Old 01-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Here's something for the RB-5.
The Tebo set up has a whole lot of onpower steering. This can make it drive loose when getting onpower. one option to mellow this out is to go to 30deg front block and take the shims on the front bulkhead ballstud down to 1mm. This seems to be better balance turning in and coming out of the corners when using panther switch fronts.

If you use the panther rib front's stay with the 25 Deg block due to those tires having a bit more push onpower.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by motomanpat
I thought I would give the MP9 a try and see how different it is from the Hyper I am with you on the being lapped thing but hey I guess that means we could race together and be on the same lap Oh ya you are fast enough to run in the ECT
WELL PAT

you have had the mp9 for 14 day s is it built as of today ???

where are we in the built 2009 it is nothing like a ofna hyper 8 LOL

MIKE
Old 01-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Tim what gearing are you running for a 10.5 in the ZX-5? I was thinking a 23 or 24 pinion with a 78 spur.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Tom, here what you've been waiting for!

Saw this on the RB5 post:
http://www.redrc.net/2009/02/kyosho-...b5-sp-edition/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.