Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho drivers of the NorthWest

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Tim

what parts do you need for the center one-way on the ZX-5? Is it just the LA223 shaft & LA224 bearing?

And is the LAW33 Aluminum one-way Boss for the front one-way?

Thanks, Mike D
Old 01-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

For us guys that will be racing the new TRCR layout, it's not at all hard but there is a washboard section of 8 going at an offset angle. Other than that a sweeper to straight back to a small sweeper before a switch back. There shouldn't have to be any setup changes that i can see. I was thinking about changing out my shock pistons from 2B to 2A just for the washboard section but not sure of what that may or may not do.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Regional Moderator

Oh good washboards are a advantage to RB-5's. I'll test at the track tonight. Let you know if you need shock changes.

For the center one way you just need the bearing and one-way outdrive. The kit comes with the one-way bearing holder for the center shaft. just not the bearing and the outdrive.
Tim
Old 01-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Here is a rough sketch from what i can remember.

Kyosho drivers of the NorthWest-trcr09.jpg
Old 01-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Exterminator
Oh good washboards are a advantage to RB-5's.
Tim

Yeah sure ....
Old 01-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Yeah sure ....
Do you have a Kyosho????? We talked about this last night. RB5's are the best thru washboard sections. Get a K-car and come chat, other than that.........
Old 01-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by loriding69
Do you have a Kyosho????? We talked about this last night. RB5's are the best thru washboard sections. Get a K-car and come chat, other than that.........

There are still plenty of jumps and sharp turns ...
Old 01-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

GEORGE YOU ARE A&E DRIVE THIS IS FOR THE SUPER FAST RED ARMY GUYS

NINJA
Old 01-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

I think he spells kyosho = AEIOU and sometimes Y
Old 01-21-2009, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Alright you Kyosho guys hopefully you will be able to help me make a good choice. I am going to run 4-mod this comming year(NCT?) and I am having a hard time making a choice between brands. If I was going to try a Kyosho would it be better to get an SP or FS? Are there issues with either car? Any insight would be helpful! Thanks
Old 01-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by motomanpat
Alright you Kyosho guys hopefully you will be able to help me make a good choice. I am going to run 4-mod this comming year(NCT?) and I am having a hard time making a choice between brands. If I was going to try a Kyosho would it be better to get an SP or FS? Are there issues with either car? Any insight would be helpful! Thanks
Both the SP and FS are great cars. It comes down to if you want to run saddle or stick packs. I use the SP due to already having a supply of stick type packs. The FS has some added strength in the shock tower mounts and reports say that it has more rear grip. So to sum it up if you have Saddle packs get the FS if you want to save money and use your current sticktype packs get the SP.
Either ways the Kyosho will be at the front again this year =).
tim
Old 01-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

I right it is time to tell the truth pat just got a new mp9 is he is now a memeber of team kyosho looking for help lol

i mess;in with you pat but is does have a new mp9 sweet !!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Even though it says no lipos for the FS I know you can get a SMC saddle pack in there no problem. Get the FS.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav
Even though it says no lipos for the FS I know you can get a SMC saddle pack in there no problem. Get the FS.
I hope so, I have SMC's on the way for my FS.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have a brand new ZX-5 SP, with some goodies on it, that hasn't touched dirt. I'll sell if your interested?

I planed on setting it up to run the 10.5 4WD ECT class, and my B44 in MOD. Haven't completly made up my mind yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.