Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

do you no whos it is
Old 03-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dork Missile
i'd be real interested on how you did this...can you post a pic of your hold down straps,etc...and did you use the stock body? I can get the batteries in but the straps and the 1/0 wiring SMC supplys with their packs makes it almost impossible to put the body on! The SMC battery is damn sexy and i'm itchin to try it!
I PUT AN AE 5100 HARD CASE IN MINE... JUST HAD TO MAKE NEW BATTERY STRAPS
Old 03-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinky13
do you no whos it is
I do, so stop begging and check your PM's
Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Almost ready,just need to mount some tires and paint a body! Yes the 4900 does fit but it took some grinding and spacing I am going to do it a little different in the future but it is ok for now
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho drivers of the NorthWest-dcp_0002.jpg  
Old 03-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default FS car?

Originally Posted by Poweredbysbc
I PUT AN AE 5100 HARD CASE IN MINE... JUST HAD TO MAKE NEW BATTERY STRAPS
Yeah,i finally got mine in too! Just needed some good old boy American advice! So,are you keeping yours?
Old 03-16-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Got the new aluminum bulkhead for the RB5 and it's a very nice piece of work. This will eliminate the breakeage of that piece but will (in Tim & I opinion) will add stress to the arms. If your running weight under your steering rack, this will take the place of that weight and actually make the weight transfer alot smoother as well. Seeing how this part is out of stock i think everywhere, it would make a good investment i think. Lets kick some a$$ at the ECT finals.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Tim or Double E -

I recently picked up a spare RB5 w/ the stock rear end. Do you guys have a favored setup for this config?

For my main car w/ the worlds kit, I've got a setup similar Tebo's w/ Tim's mods outlined previously in this string.

I also picked up the bulkhead and steering rack from chedda bob...will try to throw them in tonight between heats @ amain.

Last edited by w-fly; 03-17-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by w-fly
Tim or Double E -

I recently picked up a spare RB5 w/ the stock rear end. Do you guys have a favored setup for this config?

For may main car w/ the worlds kit, I've got a setup similar Tebo's w/ Tim's mods outlined previously in this string.

I also picked up the bulkhead and steering rack from chedda bob...will try to throw them in tonight between heats @ amain.
I know Tim is running the Tebo with modifications. I didn't like the Tebo so i have my own setup. If i come by tonight i will give you my setup sheet. Danny Pack ran my setup and liked it. Maybe he still has the setup sheet for it.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'm in PDX Better hurry up if you want to make the first heat at 7PM!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Tim or Double E -

For my main car w/ the worlds kit, I've got a setup similar Tebo's w/ Tim's mods outlined previously in this string.

I'm currently running the Tebo's set up for clay med. grip dusty track. I gave a set up sheet to double E. sunday. and I'll bring more next time I hit the track. I'm not currently running the mid/arm set up just the stock arms and stock tower on mine.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

I'm in PDX Better hurry up if you want to make the first heat at 7PM!!!
give me your email address and i think i can send you a PDF setup sheet that i have.

PDX.......way to far for a club race

I'm also running stock rear setup
Old 03-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

First run with the FS today and I am totally happy with it(Thanks for talking me into it guys). I have never had a 4 wheel electric before so it was new to me and I must say that it performed flawlessly. No breakage and for me that is huge. It was a little too fast at first but I got use to it pretty quick(6.5 at Amain is a little much). I was a little overgeared so my temp was up a bit but the car itself worked very well. I only had one problem and that was not with the car. I mounted the cap on the center of the chassis brace and the zip tie worked its way around and blocked the fan,so the fan was my only broken part of the day If my extra parts come before Thursday I may make it to the ECT.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Regional Moderator

I have a FS I can bring to the ECT for back up parts for you. I'm not ready to convert over to the FS yet so will be running the SP again. So don't worry to much about parts for the FS I got ya covered.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Exterminator
I have a FS I can bring to the ECT for back up parts for you. I'm not ready to convert over to the FS yet so will be running the SP again. So don't worry to much about parts for the FS I got ya covered.

Wow Tim,

That is extremely kind of you to offer up parts,I really do appreciate it. I have a ton of parts that are going to be shipped to me tomorrow 2 day so I should have them by Thursday. It cost me a fortune but I will have extra parts for quite some time. I might take you up on that offerif they don't show. Having this new car almost makes me want to get a 2 wheel again and give it another shot but that will have to wait for another time. Thanks again for the offer and also for helping me decide on the FS!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

picking up my rb5 and my zx-5 fs tomorrow cant wait to get them on the track and tear it up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.