Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
cheers dude,

putting the stock trans back in for tomorrow, will run a 52T 1ST GEAR AND A 47T second gear

will be ok to run the ED pinions?
Running the ED pinions will give you a LOT of torque!

If you want to run the ED pinions you should consider to go 51/46 or even 51/46!

Only one drawback is that you will not have top-end!!

You should use the seprent Ovedrive calc that you can change the pinion sizes and gears to see what will happen

If you do not have it or cannot get hold of it it i will gladly mail a copy to you!

Last edited by casimirsa; 07-14-2007 at 09:50 AM. Reason: forgot to type
Old 07-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casimirsa
Running the ED pinions will give you a LOT of torque!

If you want to run the ED pinions you should consider to go 51/46 or even 51/46!

Only one drawback is that you will not have top-end!!

You should use the seprent Ovedrive calc that you can change the pinion sizes and gears to see what will happen

If you do not have it or cannot get hold of it it i will gladly mail a copy to you!
please do and yes i will try the 51T and 46t i do have!!!

cheers again all
Old 07-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

well, finally we get to race. a wonderfull day today. after spending some time to run in my rebuilt OS i put 2 tanks through it in the morning. was still pretty tight, went to get it started for the 1st heat, nad i tosted the starter box battery, lol. i put in the IDM and borrowd Danjr's starter box (thanks heaps Dan) and did an ok run with the new radio gear i was still getting used to. i got a clean run in the 3rd qualy and was close to TQ time set by ZOOM. the last qualy i was on a TQ pace till 2nd gear stripped. but starting 2nd for the A Final, i got a good start, and led all the way. was a splendid drive today, the car was the best it has been ever. seems fitting to rertire the car with the G4+ arriving for the next round.
and ROB(toy000) , yes my car is still regognisable as a G4S, no molten plastic and carbon fibre . i think also this closes the points gap in the Championship, and i may even be infront by just a few points. gonna be a close 2nd half of the season.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
well, finally we get to race. a wonderfull day today. after spending some time to run in my rebuilt OS i put 2 tanks through it in the morning. was still pretty tight, went to get it started for the 1st heat, nad i tosted the starter box battery, lol. i put in the IDM and borrowd Danjr's starter box (thanks heaps Dan) and did an ok run with the new radio gear i was still getting used to. i got a clean run in the 3rd qualy and was close to TQ time set by ZOOM. the last qualy i was on a TQ pace till 2nd gear stripped. but starting 2nd for the A Final, i got a good start, and led all the way. was a splendid drive today, the car was the best it has been ever. seems fitting to rertire the car with the G4+ arriving for the next round.
and ROB(toy000) , yes my car is still regognisable as a G4S, no molten plastic and carbon fibre . i think also this closes the points gap in the Championship, and i may even be infront by just a few points. gonna be a close 2nd half of the season.
YEAH YEAH YEAH baby - finally ya beat the ZOOOOMIE ZOOM ZOOM here is a small thing i put together enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-cup.jpg  
Old 07-15-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

YEAH YEAH YEAH baby - finally ya beat the ZOOOOMIE ZOOM ZOOM here is a small thing i put together enjoy!
so you got around the ED issues today. 6th overall is good man, well done. damn Mugens, tell Kimbo hes lucky he finished! cause he drives a mugen.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Well i had a great day considerring i had some ED trans issues in yesterdays practice!!!

Forecast was Glooomy in the morining wet start thou Sunny afternoon.....

2 x Groups A & B

I myself was bumped up for the first time to Group A Whhoooo Hoooo i must be doing something right:

heats of 5 mins finalls 15mins:

1st heat Qualified 5th
2nd heat Qualified 4th
3rd heat Qualified 4th

Final Main qualified 6th

Finished 6th with a PB time of 21.0 Finally i am getting better in time as the car is working better with awesome new rear sway bar, new camber arms with wait for it 5mm spacers as Muppet Racing said or mentioned before and the car felt really strong with little less top end but made up for that via the middle section of the track using stock trans and ED trans Pinions with the setup of 52T 1st gear and 47T 2nd gear!!!1

Tire where was very even allround using spool and 10,000 diff oil in the rear!

Purple springs rear Aqua front

reight Height - 8mm rear 7mm front - keep in mind new tires all round

GRP front 37
Jacco rar 40

overall i happy with the car, and felt it was very very competitive in the group i was placed in!

Still think the ED trans didnt make a differance before, will test again once i get the part but i think the right gearing and tire choice works a dream today!!!

Bring on the next round!!!

So overal Car makes finish:

1st Mugem MTX4
2nd Mugen MTX4
3rd Mugen MTX4
4th Mugen MTX4
5th Mugen MTX4
6th G4S/G4+ - Kodak Hodak
7th G4S - TOY000
8th G4S - GASCAR
9th Mugen MTX4
10th MUGEN MTX4 - i think
Old 07-15-2007, 03:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Credit to Patto today. He went about his business very well and got the job done. I didn't manage to get my stuff together today. I ran Daz's spool setup but it pushed too much on power in the sweeper for my liking. Very easy to drive but just didn't have the lap speed. So I dropped the pins out of the spool to go to a one way and the car was better but the damping was a bit wrong for the conditions. I just kinda wobbled around and somehow managed to get the TQ which was as much a surprise to me as anyway. Throughout the heats I had a few radio issues. My spectrum was failsafing a few times in each heat.

In the final, I think I managed to get on top of the setup (at least in the warmup) but as soon as I hit the throttle for the start, nothing happened. Patto just drove straight past and I was still on the line! It was pretty funny from my point of view. Anyway, the radio was failsafing all the time so when it ran off the end of the straight at high speed I decided that was enough and pulled off after only a couple of laps.

Last night I modified my helios to have the spektrum antenna come through the factory antenna hole but I don't think I had enough of the antenna exposed.

Hopefully I can get my stuff together sooner rather than later otherwise Patto will be running away with the championship before I know it.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Z00M
Credit to Patto today. He went about his business very well and got the job done. I didn't manage to get my stuff together today. I ran Daz's spool setup but it pushed too much on power in the sweeper for my liking. Very easy to drive but just didn't have the lap speed. So I dropped the pins out of the spool to go to a one way and the car was better but the damping was a bit wrong for the conditions. I just kinda wobbled around and somehow managed to get the TQ which was as much a surprise to me as anyway. Throughout the heats I had a few radio issues. My spectrum was failsafing a few times in each heat.

In the final, I think I managed to get on top of the setup (at least in the warmup) but as soon as I hit the throttle for the start, nothing happened. Patto just drove straight past and I was still on the line! It was pretty funny from my point of view. Anyway, the radio was failsafing all the time so when it ran off the end of the straight at high speed I decided that was enough and pulled off after only a couple of laps.

Last night I modified my helios to have the spektrum antenna come through the factory antenna hole but I don't think I had enough of the antenna exposed.

Hopefully I can get my stuff together sooner rather than later otherwise Patto will be running away with the championship before I know it.
hey Zoom, yeah its great news that patto go his act together finally, unlucky u had some probs fair enough, thou never give up on the spool, yes its differant, and yes ur track is differant to ours, thou i think it can work for anyone long as the track time is there....!

keep in mind i do understand that the track is not open like our club track where we can go up to the track on any given week day or weekend!

What i would like to hear is where do you suffer? intial turn? the way the car behaves out of corner, or is it the on power steering pushing the car to understeer?

this is the setup i ran today, keep note all g4S/g4+ it does make wonders on even the most low grip difficult tracks:

Front Setup:
GRP 37 tires start out of the packect NEW
Spring F - Aqua TM
Ride Height 6-7mm
Toe Out -1.5 each side
Camber -2.0 degrees
castor clips: thick and thin at the front and thin in the rear basically pulled the caster back
Shock Postion: bottom hole
Shock Oil 50,000
Pistion Shock holes 2 x 1.5
SPOOL FRONT
Droop Front: 0
Speed Shot - roll centre inner position
Track Width Front: 197 -198mm

Rear Setup:
Jacco Nitro 40 tires out of the box new no true
Spring R - Purple
Ride Height 8mm
Toe In -3.0
Camber Right: -3.0 Left -4.0
G4+ Sway setup 45 Degrees "Muppet Racing Setup"
Droop REAR MAXED OUT
Camber top Link - 5mm spacers
Rear Lower arm Fly Wing G4+ - inner hole and MAXED caster forward to shorten wheel base!!! "Important" worked a dream today!
Shock Position: 2nd hole from bottom
Diff Oil 10,000
Shock Oil 50,000
Pistion Shock holes 2 x 1.5

Transmission: Stock G4 Trans with ED Standard Pinions

1st Gear 52T 16T
2nd Gear 47T 21T

Engine - Josh Cyrul WASP CRF combo Plug CRF 6
Fuel - 333 Massive Mods
Clutchh G4S - UFO Black Spring 0.2 - 0.3 play all weights in UFO shoes

Overal the car is easy to drive found that the car worked well with the combo that i had, thou need more top end speed thou, bottom end its damn fast and tires wear was so bloody good it was like 0.5mm differ front the left side to the right!

i basically used 1 pair of fronts all day, and used 1 pair of tires for 3 heats and new pair of rears for main final!!!

No belt wear, no Spur wear, everything seems bloody dandy!!!

My big question is now do i need the ED Trans, or should i make a descison on gettting a better gearing of added alloy gears to suit the old tranmission?????

Also found that the stock G4S Disc brake, is way too BIG to run any other Spurs that 52T and 47T as the disc brake hits my engine block and yes i have tried all things to make sure i aint doing somthing wrong, no matter what i did it just did not mesh right so that why i used a 52T and 47T spurs today!!!

I wonder if i can use the ED trans break some how, will need to see it i can make that fit to suit as then i can change to a better gearing on the Spurs! anyways i must take photo to explain more in detail!

Sorry fopr the long pst again, but i think its a very useful one that really does make a car drive easy
Old 07-15-2007, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Z00M

fortunately the time of between racing due to weather gave me ample time to get my car sorted to the point i made changes, then it all came apart again, then again it came apart, i think more from just wanting something to do. a bit bored and frustrated from not racing for a while but all my radio gear was all new to me, never tested or even turned a corner before today. it was more an objective to stay out of traouble to day and keep things as clean as i possibly could. i think the only major issue i had was on the 2nd last lap. i managed to misjudge nick going into the pits, i thaught he just slowed to get out of the way but then he went to turn into the pits. doh, i had comitted to an outsideovertaking position and bam, not a hard hit, but enough to move the motor to strip 2nd , and nearly 1st gear as well. so i had the best days driving today, cleanest and most consistent i have been since my sports days.
but it may be more than optimistic for me to runaway with the championship, it may have been meant more towards the SA crew that comment, cause i know if i ever have a chance to win the championship, its gonna be hard work and a close faught battle, hell im just stoked for my first pro class win.
next round will be with the G4+ , and im hoping i can start out with a setup i had today.
it is funny though just before the start of the race, i made comment if ZOOMs car is going to get off the line ok. last round i ran into him on the start, as my view was not good, more of a blind spot. anyway , the count down started and the buzzer went, and ZOOMs car just did not go. its easy to get the inside line when there is no car there to race into the corner.
was kind of like saying to me in the states, hey Patto , you gonna flame out on all you rpit stops ? and me replying , na man i wont at all i flamed out every stop, hahaha
hope you get the radio sorted Mike. catch you next round (3 weeks)
Old 07-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

nice race!!!

congraturation!!

i wish you rank 1 or 2 or 3 in next Race!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello to everyone !
I'm new on this forum and I can see that the TM G4 car is a famous car there. In France this car is quite unknown and I think the car has a real potential and this is why I decided to take a G4+ (I already own a G4S) to run there. I have just received my car from Asia Racing Team (www.asia-racing-team.com) and they are really profesional. They gave me a lot of tips and they provided me one of the best service. I am now building my car and I will run ASAP. I have seen most of your posts Gansei and as I can see, you are a famous G4 driver (among many other good drivers here !)
I will try my best to make the car even more known by running and running a lot in France and having good results.
Do you have a setup using the front differential ? I would try it...
Best Regards and thanks by advance !

Nico.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nico75
Hello to everyone !
I'm new on this forum and I can see that the TM G4 car is a famous car there. In France this car is quite unknown and I think the car has a real potential and this is why I decided to take a G4+ (I already own a G4S) to run there. I have just received my car from Asia Racing Team (www.asia-racing-team.com) and they are really profesional. They gave me a lot of tips and they provided me one of the best service. I am now building my car and I will run ASAP. I have seen most of your posts Gansei and as I can see, you are a famous G4 driver (among many other good drivers here !)
I will try my best to make the car even more known by running and running a lot in France and having good results.
Do you have a setup using the front differential ? I would try it...
Best Regards and thanks by advance !

Nico.
If you know Romuald let him drive the car and hopefully this will get him driving a G4S instead of his XRay in France

Gansei has always been 110%
for the Team Magic G4S and is always helpful, never a smartass and thats why everyone loves him on the thread Good Luck with your car Nico and I will also be putting my car on the track in Pro class next round and hopefully not get in ZOOM's and Pattos way . It would be nice for 123 finish G4S. If only my OS Speed would loosen up, ah well another 15 tanks to go.........
Old 07-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default attention!!

attention for poor G4+ migration...

i made a big mistake in G4+ conversion.

G4S knuckle/rear sus arm had different offset/length with G4+

so you must take a attention when conversion to G4+

1) G4S front/rear arm + G4+ front/rear knuckle arm
(this is my car set up in FEMCA 2007)

it was very understeer... i did width setup front 197mm, rear 200mm

But if you using only G4+ front/rear knuckle arm in G4S

it like this setup -> front 203mm, rear 198mm

2) G4S front knuckle arm + G4+ rear knuckle arm + G4+ front/rear sus arm.

this is my recent setup. but i suffered from oversteer.

i did width setup front 197mm, rear 199mm

But if you using only G4S front knuckle arm and G4+ f/r sus arm and
G4+ rear knuckle arm.

it like this setup -> front 193-194mm, rear 199mm..

in conclusion... you must change G4+ all knuckle/sus arm when do G4+ conversion (not like me..)
Old 07-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=

Transmission: Stock G4 Trans with ED Standard Pinions

1st Gear 52T 16T
2nd Gear 47T 21T

My big question is now do i need the ED Trans, or should i make a descison on gettting a better gearing of added alloy gears to suit the old tranmission?????

Also found that the stock G4S Disc brake, is way too BIG to run any other Spurs that 52T and 47T as the disc brake hits my engine block and yes i have tried all things to make sure i aint doing somthing wrong, no matter what i did it just did not mesh right so that why i used a 52T and 47T spurs today!!!

I wonder if i can use the ED trans break some how, will need to see it i can make that fit to suit as then i can change to a better gearing on the Spurs! anyways i must take photo to explain more in detail!

Sorry fopr the long pst again, but i think its a very useful one that really does make a car drive easy[/QUOTE]

frankie
mate i ran 52/22 47/17 gears with a 26 tooth frount side belt with great success for the last 6 months
i had a 1.8 m slit on frount tyres
i found there was little diffrents between the standed and ed trans .
even my lap times have havent changed
i lied the ed is more responce down low, good for our track
hope this helps
Old 07-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by uniquexme
yo gansei, u always have the latest options huh?? keke.. how was it compared to stock one?
it is very easy to setup..

and i like new rear sway bar 0º setup..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.