Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Blis:

I have the whole Team Magic collection...

I have driven the G4+ Evo at Wynnum and i found it slow, I tried a few things with the help from Luis to try and improve handling. But in the end it had a bid hit due to radio issues!

I think it would certainily help in high grip cases as their will be less flex! Not something you require at a low grip track like Wynnum though.

Are you looking at changing over the G4+ to G4+ Evo spec?
Old 08-18-2010, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default G4 Evo / Mongoose!

Just a question...

Are the rear bulkheads on the G4 Evo/ RDLogics Mongoose the same as a G4+ or the G4RS 08?

I forget what they look like now

Thanks in advance!
Andrew
Old 08-18-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Blis:

I have the whole Team Magic collection...

I have driven the G4+ Evo at Wynnum and i found it slow, I tried a few things with the help from Luis to try and improve handling. But in the end it had a bid hit due to radio issues!

I think it would certainily help in high grip cases as their will be less flex! Not something you require at a low grip track like Wynnum though.

Are you looking at changing over the G4+ to G4+ Evo spec?
Not sure what will eventuate.. I think the rear bulkheads are different due to chassis plate.. we'll see.. needed parts for Qlds.

PS: Is it just me or has anyone else been mangling red clutch shoes lately? 4 in a row all stretched and bowed, the std black one worked fine in the same clutches.. maybe I titghted my nut a little much but I it wasnt that tight! Patto, I bought a couple more springs to be sure.

And Bundy.. Im close behind you, Le Mans, G4S, G4+ and Now G4+EVO. I have some new original chassis plates and topdecks... I can restore the Lemans to a Lola Gas TG tourer.. AWESOME FUN Full tilt thru the sweep at Brendale

The thing with flex I poder over is how on top gear they bag all convertibles.. yet in RC many lend a higher regard to chassis flex. The RS08 front end and the split rear bulkheads of the 09 were TM developments that seem to have gone unnoticed. The RS09 also expands on the malleability principles by having longer arms, thus adding more flew.

I personally lean towards the idea of letting the suspension doing it's work and keep a tight,light, low rigid chassis ... I reckon many strip gears due to chassis flew between bulkhead and engine mount. TM bracing is gooood

Last edited by blis; 08-18-2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
Not sure what will eventuate.. I think the rear bulkheads are different due to chassis plate.. we'll see.. needed parts for Qlds.

PS: Is it just me or has anyone else been mangling red clutch shoes lately? 4 in a row all stretched and bowed, the std black one worked fine in the same clutches.. maybe I titghted my nut a little much but I it wasnt that tight! Patto, I bought a couple more springs to be sure.

And Bundy.. Im close behind you, Le Mans, G4S, G4+ and Now G4+EVO. I have some new original chassis plates and topdecks... I can restore the Lemans to a Lola Gas TG tourer.. AWESOME FUN Full tilt thru the sweep at Brendale

The thing with flex I poder over is how on top gear they bag all convertibles.. yet in RC many lend a higher regard to chassis flex. The RS08 front end and the split rear bulkheads of the 09 were TM developments that seem to have gone unnoticed. The RS09 also expands on the malleability principles by having longer arms, thus adding more flew.

I personally lean towards the idea of letting the suspension doing it's work and keep a tight,light, low rigid chassis ... I reckon many strip gears due to chassis flew between bulkhead and engine mount. TM bracing is gooood
Blis:

I don't actually have the G4S anymore... think it is Mongoose, G4+, G4RS 08, G4+ Evo, G4JR, G4JS and the G4RS 2009.

I have been looking at difference between Mongoose and G4S more closely, and i think the Chassis plate will be different as the side plates are different to allow for the battery on the G4S and the Mongoose has the longer plate next the the throttle servo as well!

Had hoped the Mongoose radio might fit on a G4S or G4RS!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Blis:

What happened with Guy today at the Qld titles? I see you weren't able to do many laps in practice and then none in the first round of qualifying?

Hope the rest of the weekend goes better for you both and you can fly that Team Magic flag high...

Andrew
Old 08-27-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default RC bummer...

Blis:

What happened with Guy today at the Qld titles? I see you weren't able to do many laps in practice and then none in the first round of qualifying?

Hope the rest of the weekend goes better for you both and you can fly that Team Magic flag high...

Andrew

Well ya know how it's a tight gap on the steering arm to servo... Somewhere in between the top plate and the EVO we ran into troubles.. So we gave up and rolled back to the G4+. The repeated retries of getting the plate set and lead to a battery outage... No probs had a new spare.. BUT WAIT add salt... the spare reported a false peak and we were dead in the water waiting for a battery to charge... "That really sucks dad!!" "Yeah it does.. doesn't it!"

Ultimately the fault lay in our court of indecision,all I hope for is for TM to produce a LiFe pack with a little more reliability that NiMH

We got in a few laps, not enough to allow Guy any feel for setup ... Engine down on power, its reliable.. but hey.. you know the field out there, it's top notch so hope tomorrow blows some running time our way and lets uis enjpy a good event..
Old 08-27-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Well ya know how it's a tight gap on the steering arm to servo... Somewhere in between the top plate and the EVO we ran into troubles.. So we gave up and rolled back to the G4+. The repeated retries of getting the plate set and lead to a battery outage... No probs had a new spare.. BUT WAIT add salt... the spare reported a false peak and we were dead in the water waiting for a battery to charge... "That really sucks dad!!" "Yeah it does.. doesn't it!"

Ultimately the fault lay in our court of indecision,all I hope for is for TM to produce a LiFe pack with a little more reliability that NiMH

We got in a few laps, not enough to allow Guy any feel for setup ... Engine down on power, its reliable.. but hey.. you know the field out there, it's top notch so hope tomorrow blows some running time our way and lets uis enjpy a good event..
Blis: sorry to hear about battery issues. I had hoped it wasn't going to be that. From memory my steering servo horn rubbed on the alloy spacer that sat on top of the radio tray. Are you going to run the rest of the meet with the G4+?

Hope to head out on Sunday, only one day of work left...
Old 08-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Blis: sorry to hear about battery issues. I had hoped it wasn't going to be that. From memory my steering servo horn rubbed on the alloy spacer that sat on top of the radio tray. Are you going to run the rest of the meet with the G4+?

Hope to head out on Sunday, only one day of work left...
yep, back to the old race car.. and to be honest.. the EVO isnt a G4+ it's a G4RS with WC hop ups.

So I stole the shocks.. they seem better than G4+LE..

We're charged.. bound.. and ready to enjoy.

h
Old 08-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

yep, back to the old race car.. and to be honest.. the EVO isnt a G4+ it's a G4RS with WC hop ups.

So I stole the shocks.. they seem better than G4+LE..

We're charged.. bound.. and ready to enjoy.

h
Harry:

Totally agree about the G4+ being a hopped up G4RS rather then an updated G4+...

Looks like you and Guy have had a better day today with the G4+, keep up the good work and I am looking forward to seeing some good racing tomorrow!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Default G4+ LE does the deed

Harry:

Totally agree about the G4+ being a hopped up G4RS rather then an updated G4+...

Looks like you and Guy have had a better day today with the G4+, keep up the good work and I am looking forward to seeing some good racing tomorrow!
Bundy.. I still have no eyeball.. come over and say G'day willya!

We struggled with track width and had to switch over to Capricorns (+.8mm) as all the Matrix we had were +2mm offset and we couldnt fit in the box. Is something major for TM to look into, I trust the RS09 doesnt have this problem with track width and YES, Im on the inner pivots. I was cutting my carbon wheel hub balls with teh dremel to fit as we broke a couple of top arms screwing in the ballrods.

Guy did as well as I could have expected with such a strong field out there it's intimidating and engines are popping left right and center. The racing has been superb with comments in pit lane regarding good driving etiquette. Guy drove the wheels off the car Q5 and kept his head.. he wanted a sub 19second.. and just for laughs didnt realise he still hadnt reach 10min (9:59.808) as he crossed the line and as he tried to bring it home for 31 the rear wheel hub broke and he missed out on the cut off.

Overall we had a fulfilling day of top racing and looking forward to mixing it thru the finals and watching the top runners light up England park.

Track wasnt as fast as it could be looking at the times of others, I really thought he'd get his goal sub-19 but it wasnt to be.. tomorrow.. now to steal all the bearings from EVO and put them in the LE.

catchya..

h
Old 08-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, i need some help with my TM G4S.

I have the k-factory oneway/solid axle in the front. I have 18-19-27 pulley gear set. But the problem is, i can use 3 pairs rear tires on ONE set front tires.

The car is like 80% RWD and 20% FWD.

I tried to swap the 27T pulley with the 19T on the side belt, though it helped the car get more front drive, it made the rear tires slack, almost like the brake was on.

I was thinking that i could use two 19T on the side belt but that would probably not be such a good idea. It would help to have a 24T front and 22T rear on the side belt maybe, but those gears does not exist for the G4.

How can i get more front drive?.
Does V-one RRR pulleys fit the G4?

I need help ASAP. Its so annoying that i have to change rear wheels two/three times cause its only rear drive, its almost like drifting...
Old 08-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Have you been running the front tyres around 2mm smaller than the rears? Also if running a soft shore rear tyre it will wear faster.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by razzor
Have you been running the front tyres around 2mm smaller than the rears? Also if running a soft shore rear tyre it will wear faster.
1mm and 40 shore rear, 37 front
Old 08-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default We wear rears more, always have.

Originally Posted by Sonsa
1mm and 40 shore rear, 37 front
It's natural that we'll wear tyres under power more than scrubbing in the corners like a domestic car (pending track conditions). Look under your shell, if there's heaps of foam then you're shredding and could be too soft for the track.

Considerations to improve:

1) Too much front droop - weight transfer to rear
2) Front locker and give more drive to front
3) Gear ratio overpowering the rear tyres
4) Track is too abrasive
5) Rear too stiff
6) Rear diff too thick
7) Driving too hard on the rear
8) Bumps causing wheel spin
9) move to a bigger split
10) Front belt worn

Do tyres chunk?
Is it a bottom end "on power" track?
How much wear in 5 minutes?
Old 08-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

It's natural that we'll wear tyres under power more than scrubbing in the corners like a domestic car (pending track conditions). Look under your shell, if there's heaps of foam then you're shredding and could be too soft for the track.

Considerations to improve:

1) Too much front droop - weight transfer to rear
2) Front locker and give more drive to front
3) Gear ratio overpowering the rear tyres
4) Track is too abrasive
5) Rear too stiff
6) Rear diff too thick
7) Driving too hard on the rear
8) Bumps causing wheel spin
9) move to a bigger split
10) Front belt worn

Do tyres chunk?
Is it a bottom end "on power" track?
How much wear in 5 minutes?
Under the body/Shell theres like foam powder in the bottom corners. I wouldnt say theres MUCH foam but its noticeable.

I will answer in the same number order:

1) I have standard setup, but i can try to decrease droop.
2) What do you mean front locker?
3) Well as i said, i have 19t back middle, 27T front middle and 18T front pulley. It would help to have smaller pulley front middle and a little bigger on back middle.
4) No our track is very smooth
5) Yes the rear is some what stiff, im using aqua spring with 35wt and 2-hole piston.
6) Im using 6000 oil in the rear diff.
7) Dont know how i can drive too hard on the rear, how do you mean?
8) No bumps, our track is smooth...
9) bigger split?
10) All belts are new, only run with them 3-4 times.

Yes the tires looses chunks of foam on the outer side, but i think thats when the car rolls or i hit the curb to much (we have pretty bad curbs)

Our track is kind of small, tight, 12.5-13sek for one lap.

I have not checked exactly how much wear in 5 minutes, but its more wear on the rear than the front.

I really appreciate the help, im desperate, i cant afford changing tires this much

Last edited by VinnieWee; 08-30-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.