Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just go thru the REDRC pics about the G4RS WC pics...and found out all these differenet parts.

(1) Side pulleys
(2) 2 speed (1st gear hub) not using E clips, use screw in with cap.
(3) Use longer pins and collet to prevent fuel cap's pin coming out (must do modificaiton for me..)

Old 08-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Just go thru the REDRC pics about the G4RS WC pics...and found out all these differenet parts.

(1) Side pulleys
(3) Use longer pins and collet to prevent fuel cap's pin coming out (must do modificaiton for me..)

the pullies are from the G4+ , this is the all alloy shaft and pullies. while looks good, the front lay shaft breaks on impact. the inside front pulley is apart of the shaft. there is no free play between pullies and drive pins for the pullies with this system. but fragile.
the tank pin would be a mod some one has done. i tried once to replace a tank cap. man i ended up buying a new KF tank.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:35 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
the pullies are from the G4+ , this is the all alloy shaft and pullies. while looks good, the front lay shaft breaks on impact. the inside front pulley is apart of the shaft. there is no free play between pullies and drive pins for the pullies with this system. but fragile.
the tank pin would be a mod some one has done. i tried once to replace a tank cap. man i ended up buying a new KF tank.
I have my G4S with the EDO upgrade for more than 1 year and is WORKING great!!!
remember to stay out of the wall!!!

the car is great and I love my TM, looking for the RS now.

regards
ALG
Old 08-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

I take back what I said.

It appears there are a few distributors / dealers who have or have had in, the "WC" parts this week.

Yes. As 'Patto' has said the screw at the end of the two speed shaft comes from the ED trans' which came on the G4+ and as an upgrade too.

Good to see Barry, Dario and Marc able to make the G4 go so well in Portugal. I think with a little more luck, it could have been so much different!

On the WC stuff....... I do like the chassis and the rear parts. I think the front parts are somewhat.......cosmetic?!

Regards,
British Menace
Old 08-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

I'm surprised. If these shots are showing the cars that are being used in Portugal. These are not the RS.

They are the older car, the G4+ with some upgrades on??

I don't like the transmission on the +. It's so heavy!!!
But then again........... Dario seams to be doing prety well with it.....lol. So what do I know?!

Regards,
British Menace
Old 08-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What is up with Wolf Hobbies???

Anyone know what in the world is going on with Wolf Hobbies??? I've been trying to contact them about a problem with the chassis on my G4RS for the last 2 weeks. I have left voice mails and have even sent them pics of the issue by email and they haven't responded to either. Our local hobbyshop where I purchased the kit has tried contacting them and they've been unsuccessful as well. I also found out an order was placed 2 months ago by the same shop for TM parts from Wolf Hobbies and the order was paid for but still has not been shipped. Not sure what all this means but if Wolf Hobbies can't provide proper service for their product they shouldn't be in business. I'll be looking for another distributor for my TM parts. This is a bunch of BS.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
I would say,

www.rcshopping.com

will be one of the first to get them in. They ship internationally. But you'll find you'll be paying top dollar for the first ones out.
I ordered from them .. they are the ones who knocked me back and refunded the money I paid ..

will try the shops few guys recommended here
Old 08-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
I'm surprised. If these shots are showing the cars that are being used in Portugal. These are not the RS.

They are the older car, the G4+ with some upgrades on??

I don't like the transmission on the +. It's so heavy!!!
But then again........... Dario seams to be doing prety well with it.....lol. So what do I know?!

Regards,
British Menace
to me it's the RS with the + parts...
similar to my car!

btw, the alum brake arm seems bent to 'solve' the issue regarding the ballend cap...time to try it out?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magicmania
Hey Omarko
Its a shame that you are having trouble tracking down a dealer to service your needs...
I have the kits in stock and ready to ship
If your local dealers wont look after you maybe try and contact RC garage in Bayswater VIC as they will ship anywhere in AUS. I would normally like to see a local dealer step up but if that is not the case then........
Talk to Adam
If you still have no luck then let me know
[email protected]
thanks for ur reply ... I was the one who contacted u directly through email before ... I tried another hobby shop locally here ... but they have just been broken in so in a bit of a turmoil ...

I rang RC garage, they dont have them yet but said they will find out and get back to me... so we'll see
Old 08-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Old 08-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

can someone confirm that the WC 3mm chassis is indeed stronger than the regular RS 3mm chassis?

the regular RS chassis will tweak! frt and rear will raise up slightly after usage even without any crashes...
Old 08-15-2008, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Does anyone know of an australian distributer i can contact in regards to an order i would like to place for the pinion removal tool (p/n:116055)???

It would be good to find out exactly who i can get parts off as there are only so many TM parts at my LHS.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Solara

(1) Side pulleys

this G4RS WC version look like too less roll.

as i know, Dario Did not use the WC parts.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei
this G4RS WC version look like too less roll.

as i know, Dario Did not use the WC parts.
im just having this conversaton with some one else.
the G4+ was too rigid, and as a result was hard to find a sweet spot.
the G4RS was a step in the right direction once again. know i feel any flex or roll with the new alloy bulkheads, are a step backwards. if these parts were made in plastic, then it would be much better.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

From what i heard Dario was running both the + and the RS but preferred the + for practice as they where still learning and getting a setup for the WC chassis.
The Wc kit would be more suited to higher traction tracks while the Rs itself is more suited to most tracks that are medium to low traction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.