Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone going on raceday hobbies, if you click on setup tools does it give u a http 404 error?
Old 04-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
So SerpentD, tell us all of your Vegas experience
Sure thing man. For starters, it was a blast! But it was also Hectic because of my 2 car racing (10th and 8th scale)...well atually 3 cars because I also tried out my Serpent 720. So I was in WAY over my head. Not good for me. It was also windy, up and down temps every day making traction and engine tuning a pain in the ass. The track temps would go from 85 or 90 degrees to 120+ degrees in the matter of 15 minutes. Then back down to 90 and so on. Lots of guys burned up engines at this race. I bet 40 to 50 engines blew up because of the changes in tuning not being made appropriately. Very difficult conditions for everyone.

This race was different form a lot of past Vegas races as there were litteraly TONS of sponsored and VERY fast drivers out for this race. Mostly Mugen form what I noticed. So very tough competition for sure. Me personally did not have a very successful race in either 10th or 8th scale due to small issues with my cars. However, in 10th scale, I started out with my Serpent 720 because it already had my new engine and Serpent cluch in it, plus that car was already set up for the Vegas track from the last time I was out there. So I started out with the Serpent 720 only because of the lack of time I had. Lets just say I learned my lesson here. I didn't have the time to change everything over to the G4S because of the fast paced schedule and again me running 2 classes. Another thing I am going to change from this learning experience. From this day forward, it's one car and one car ONLY! I can't race well trying to keep up with 2 cars at any track or race. Not since I'm still trying to learn the sedan still especially.

So yes, I did start out with the 720. But after running it for all 5 qualifiers I switched to the G4S. I wish this is where I started in the first place. Anyway, I ended up putting my Novarossi 12-3 in the G4S and all and was getting ready to start the Mugen contingency race. I only had enough time to put the engine in and get the clutch set up is all. I never even ran the car at this track yet, so I was completely blind going into this race. Well I did the 4 minute warmup and the motor felt like it was running a bit lean. After the race had started the engine flamed out. It would not start. It had popped a plug and this concerned me. So I put in a new plug but no go. So I just said screw this race. Something is wrong with the engine. I ended up going through that engine that evening after the races and found that the carb had worked itself loose and was about 4mm out of the engine. This explained the lean condition and no start issue. So I was pissed because my engine had obviously been running too lean for awhile. The top of the piston was slightly pitted and so was the head button. Not bad enough to ruin the engine thank God. So I went through the engine and everything was ready to go for the next morning, the mains.

For me not runnig the G4 still until the main event, I was not sure what to expect as far as handleing and everything. I didn't have a chance to even run one practice lap. I got to the track at 8:45 and the race started at 9:00AM. So rush rush since I was runnig late due to being up late and forgetting to set the alarm. The engine ran good, but the clutch was not as strong as I wanted it. I also couldn't find my black clutch spring, so I had to use the bright yellow kit version. Things just wern't going my way very well. But it was all my fault for bringing too much shit to the track and running 2 classes. No excuses at all. Plus I didn't have any K Factory tires that I wanted to run. But the car ran beautifuly in the main. It wasn't set up to be driven agressive was my only issue. The rear end was a bit loose so had to drive pretty conservatively. I lost about 3 or 4 laps to the leader due to tunning the engine at the beginning of the race as well. So if I had been prepared, I would have done much better. This race taught me quite a bit. For starters, the G4S is WAY more durable then the 720. I will only run my G4S from here on out and only run it by itself when I do race with it. I will not run 2 classes at the same time again. I would have had a much more successful race if I stuck to these rules, but live and learn.

Bottom line, we all own a car that is capable of winning ANY race. I learned that this weekend. Just a little to late is all. So I am more then happy with my 4th place position D main results, just because I trully know what I could have accomplished had I given my G4 the attention that it wanted. Our great friend Gansei is proof of that. I love my G4S!!! It was the ONLY car that treated me good the entire race week! I should have known better. So I am going to go through it and make the appropriate changes for the next race. Plus I also learned that I prefer the K Factory tires over every other brand on the market. I don't think I will ever buy any other tire. If I had these alone, I would have been faster out on the track. So needless to say, I will plan getting the quick release system for our cars and start buying the Black K Factory wheels and tires. I really missed running those tires this last race. So I may have a brand new TM setup station for the regualar wheels up for sale soon. Won't need it since I plan on running the quick release.

One last little story before I go. I got to finally meet Sam from Raceday this last week at the track. Anyway, it was funny how we met. I was marshaling a race that Sam was running in. Anyway, I see this car loose a tire and both the tire and car are headed right towards me on the track where I was Marshaling. Well just through habbit, I grabbed the tire and car and then shut off the engine on the car and started to walk the car to the pit man (Paul Coleman). Paul was like, dude you didn't turn off the engine did you? I was like yeah why? Because those are quick release wheels, you could have just put the tire back on the car and he (Sam) could have kept racing. I was like, OOOOH SHIT!!! Now did I feel like the #1 dumb ass ever. Just thought you guys would enjoy that little story. Thank goodness Sam had a laugh over it rather then getting pissed. I felt SOOOO Bad. But I can look back at it now with a smile, but I wasn't smiling much when I found out what I had just done to our good friend and hobby store owner, SAM!!! Thanks for being so cool SAM!!!! Your the best bro! As always, sorry for the HUGE post. But you guys should know me by now, yes. Later everyone!!

PS. OUR G4S RULES!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shano
Hey Patto look forward to seeing ya.One quick question when are SA States on need to book time of work for it
May 23rd to the 28th.
ill be arriving on the 24th, so friday is a practice day for me. a little time to adjust to the track and work on setup.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mugen Las Vegas Race 2007

Well done SerpentD as you learned lesson whilst having a laugh and good time. I finally bought G4S today and will race out season in Sports class with my Hobao GPX4 RTR.
Does anyone have part numbers for I think is Team Magic spring kit and for front gear diff? I prefer to run with front diff as I like to brake without locking up (drag brake). Also can the standard one way front diff be locked like a spool?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC=Realy_Costly
kodak both cars are great!

and i just went mugen cos before i got my gpx4 i thought about 1 but i wasnt as experienced then so it took is slow.

but we all no its more about the driver than the car, pprovided both have wheels and an engine

yeah true, i here - nothing wrong with the Mugen seems to be yes more driver than car, thou i recon you will have a ball with it, hey beats the GPX4 anyday

any hints of engine type?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

D - well done bro, sound like ya hands where mega Full - great result man in main nothing wrong with 4th bro...!

O yeah G4S - yeah i too luv
Old 04-25-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
yeah true, i here - nothing wrong with the Mugen seems to be yes more driver than car, thou i recon you will have a ball with it, hey beats the GPX4 anyday

any hints of engine type?
nah still deciding between nova, sirio or ninja, but ill wait till i see prices
Old 04-25-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC=Realy_Costly
nah still deciding between nova, sirio or ninja, but ill wait till i see prices

Seen my OS perform - enough said
Old 04-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Well i hitted up HH today with the G4S, was great to see what the car could do ona very very tight track - i still perferr the LH anyday of the week as its more open and fast...!

Thou todays testing was to check my on-going glitch seemed to me it went away after retaping the battery pack and adding a balloon around it as-well...!

All in all nothing broke and got 3 tanks of testing....
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-bling-024.jpg   Team Magic G4-bling-026.jpg   Team Magic G4-bling-028.jpg   Team Magic G4-bling-030.jpg  
Old 04-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Well i hitted up HH today with the G4S, was great to see what the car could do ona very very tight track - i still perferr the LH anyday of the week as its more open and fast...!

Thou todays testing was to check my on-going glitch seemed to me it went away after retaping the battery pack and adding a balloon around it as-well...!

All in all nothing broke and got 3 tanks of testing....
How is the TZ motor of yours? How many tanks run in as told you need to be careful with those or you'll do a 'rod. Like 10 tanks?
Old 04-25-2007, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
How is the TZ motor of yours? How many tanks run in as told you need to be careful with those or you'll do a 'rod. Like 10 tanks?

I have ran 6litres through my car so far, and still got mega pinch and still great Power...

I think after next race new Conrod will be purchased to keep it fresh, overal its one of the best motors i have had since the Mega ZX....!

i think next ill try an RB Concept..... or another OS
Old 04-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have ran 6litres through my car so far, and still got mega pinch and still great Power...

I think after next race new Conrod will be purchased to keep it fresh, overal its one of the best motors i have had since the Mega ZX....!

i think next ill try an RB Concept..... or another OS
keep watch of the IDM 's coming to you soon may change your mind a bit
Old 04-25-2007, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
keep watch of the IDM 's coming to you soon may change your mind a bit

i know ill get to see this IDM in action in a few weeks when your down here for the State tittles champ...... cant wait

But i cant belive i have had 6 litres in my motor and still going strong.... Ekkk something has to give soon
Old 04-25-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default width gauge

car width gauge.

pu hahahahaha~~
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-sany0002.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0003.jpg  
Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

gansei, I see you're very inovative

just one question, I notice you have been having great success with your g4s, would yoou be able to just post up your toe angles and camber? plus which shocks you use.

I dont want you posting everything because you neever know when someone will copy it and try to race you with your settings, but if you don't want to post those settings i asked for i completely understand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.