Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 09:38 AM
DSR
Tech Apprentice

Default Rear Pulley

On MyTSN, people are freaking out about the rear side pulley melting to the bearing. Couldn't you just put a washer between the bearing and pulley, to stop this? Have any of you had this problem?
Old 05-03-2003, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had that problem and did just that. When it happend I was at a big race and the local hobby shop gave me that bag out of a new kit that had those parts in it and it actually comes with a spacer now. I purchased one of the original kits that cae out and it did not have that spacer in it.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Cool spacer or washer

YES,
The 18t or 17t rear side pulley needs a washer between the pulley and bearing. The same thing happen to me too!
Old 05-03-2003, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Talking Hi guys!!

I just finish testing the FC sterring blocks, and belive me it's something that every serpent sould have, like Initial D said, now I have more control coming out of a corner, so that means that I can hit the gas more earlier, the Nitro Shoes are awsome too!! ,, Thanks Initial D, I put the FC Steerings with the lightweight pivot balls, no problems with track width, camber or toe-in, Tomorrow I'll be in a big race here, the Nationals, so I let you now!!

ciao!!
Old 05-03-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Thumbs up

Great to hear that Paul!!

I may check out the new FC steering blocks for myself soon. As for now I'm pleased with the steering control I have with the right set-up with the stock ones!
Old 05-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi all, Hopefully someone can offer suggestions on a 2-spd problem I'm having with my Impulse...( I know this is a 705 thread, but oh well) The shift into 2nd gear seems to be very inconsistent. Sometimes it will shift very early in the rpm range, and other times it will take much longer. I have tried adjusting the 2 screws that are supposed to adjust the shift point, but it still seems inconsistent. I also tried to clean some of the "glaze" off of the shoes....

Any suggestions?
Old 05-04-2003, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by biker
hi all, Hopefully someone can offer suggestions on a 2-spd problem I'm having with my Impulse...( I know this is a 705 thread, but oh well) The shift into 2nd gear seems to be very inconsistent. Sometimes it will shift very early in the rpm range, and other times it will take much longer. I have tried adjusting the 2 screws that are supposed to adjust the shift point, but it still seems inconsistent. I also tried to clean some of the "glaze" off of the shoes....

Any suggestions?
One of the problem i know associate to engine tuning. When the engine is cold usually it engage late. Or if you set your main needle too rich it don't have the speed before it start to engage the 2nd speed.

It usually happen during running in the hot afternoon and during the morning, with the same day running, when you set the main needle on the slightly rich side.

The above assuming if you don't have problem on your 2-speed clutch or related. Do check if you have equal spring tension on the 2-speed clutch.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by biker

Any suggestions?
Same thing happened to me the last time... Turned out that fuel somehow came into the 2 speed bell...

Did you modify anything to the button head allen that holds and tightens the spring? I shaved the head a little at one time to make it smaller as this was rubbing slightly against the 2 speed bell housing but it turns out that the button head will not have enough space to grip the springs and they were slipping, hence the inconsistant 2 speed engagements I was getting.

Also, how did you set the spacing of the shoes against the 2 speed bell housing? It must be set in accordance to the manual. Perhaps this spacing is too far apart?

Also, like what nizee mentioned, make sure that both sides of the springs have equal tension. For the Impulse without the Centax clutch, you need about 6 full turns out both sides from fully tight to get a good shift.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: spacer or washer

Originally posted by PUNISHER
YES,
The 18t or 17t rear side pulley needs a washer between the pulley and bearing. The same thing happen to me too!
Yup, the new kits have it Then again, you could use the shim that comes with non-turbo plugs as a spacer...
Old 05-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Hi guys!!

Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
I just finish testing the FC sterring blocks, and belive me it's something that every serpent sould have, like Initial D said, now I have more control coming out of a corner, so that means that I can hit the gas more earlier, the Nitro Shoes are awsome too!! ,, Thanks Initial D, I put the FC Steerings with the lightweight pivot balls, no problems with track width, camber or toe-in, Tomorrow I'll be in a big race here, the Nationals, so I let you now!!

ciao!!
Good luck Paul Let us know the outcome.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: ExtREME rC Article

Originally posted by modellor
I am not sure what tires come on the American or other 705's but in the UK they come supplied with 35 shore front and rear.
modellor, did you use a durometer to test them out? I'm curious to know...

If you look at the exploded view manual (page 9, final assembly), they mentioned the part numbers for the front (801840) and rear (801841) foams and they turn out that the fronts are 40 shore and the rears are 35 shore.

If you look at the available part numbers for tires on mytsn, you will only find these two being front 40 shore and rear 35 shore. No part number for 35 shore front tires. So I'm pretty sure that is what they have provided.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:17 AM
Tech Regular

any of u guys know the model number for the ellergi tires tat come wif 705?
EVW? EVX???
Old 05-05-2003, 01:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by taz5176
any of u guys know the model number for the ellergi tires tat come wif 705?
EVW? EVX???
EVI04E for the 26 mm front tires (40 shore).

EVI06C for the 30 mm rear tires (35 shore).

This is what I get from the Gandini GRP website...
Old 05-05-2003, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
EVI04E for the 26 mm front tires (40 shore).

EVI06C for the 30 mm rear tires (35 shore).

This is what I get from the Gandini GRP website...
thxthx
Old 05-05-2003, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thnx for the recommendations initiald....I'll take a look into those things again and hopefully have better luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.