Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Should I put my reciever inside of a baloon or something? I'm worried about condensation build up if I do that. Any suggestions as to how to waterproof my reciever?
Old 05-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Hi guys!!

Originally posted by InitialD
Good luck Paul Let us know the outcome.
Hello again!!!

A little review from my headquarters here in Puerto Rico, to make things more faster here, we only run one qualified of 5 min.. , But the car was awsome in the qualified, until the engine flamed out, in the last 2min. of qualified, so I start at the D main, ,, the behaivior of the car was incredible, with the new FC I was able to improve my previous laps for this track in the past, then I bump for the C main, same thing in this main , everything works good, finishing in first position too, bump to the B main, after 7 min. of the race I took the first position pushing the car to their limits , then i put the cruise control , but in the last two minutes, came the disaster, hehe!!, coming out of the last corner I hit the PVC tube and the pivot ball brake , but no big deal, the car could finish the race running in 3 wheels, taking the first position for me!!

Well guys that's all I can say, the FC works awsome in the car, but with the lightweight pivot balls you have to stay out of the barriers like Punisher said ,, well take care people and happy racing,,

Ciao!!
Old 05-05-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Accord
Should I put my reciever inside of a baloon or something? I'm worried about condensation build up if I do that. Any suggestions as to how to waterproof my reciever?
My Futaba PCM receiver has been in a balloon always !! since a year ago I own it, never have problems with condensation or anything out of this world, I think is the eaysiest way to cover it , and looks cool too, get a purple balloon too!!

Ciao!!
Old 05-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Punisher or Pit Racer!!

I saw the pics of your rides in the other tread that accord start it, and I just courious about the rear anti roll bar,, how the car handles with it, in My TSN I read that these bar is 3mm in the softer position, did you guys did any modification to get the 1.5mm or just leave it this way??

Just courious

ciao!!
Old 05-05-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Punisher or Pit Racer!!

Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
I saw the pics of your rides in the other tread that accord start it, and I just courious about the rear anti roll bar,, how the car handles with it, in My TSN I read that these bar is 3mm in the softer position, did you guys did any modification to get the 1.5mm or just leave it this way??

Just courious

ciao!!
Paul, congrats on your successful outing I'm pleased to know that the FC steering blocks worked out well for you.

Anyway, the adjustable rear sway bar blades are thick and stiff as what is mentioned on mytsn. The solution is to get 2 of the front male anti roll bar (909216) to replace the ones that come with the adjustable rear sway bar set (909335). Alternatively, you can machine down and thin the ones that come with the set. You need to do them equally on both sides.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default REAR SWAY MOD

THE BARS ARE ACTUALLY OUT OF THE FRONT, APPARENTLY THE STOCK ONES WITH THIS TYPE OF SWAY BAR ARE WAY TO MUCH FOR THIS CAR.

SEE THE ATTACHMENT.

SEEMS TO WORK OK FOR ME,

SCOTT
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-misc-4-014.jpg  
Old 05-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
My Futaba PCM receiver has been in a balloon always !! since a year ago I own it, never have problems with condensation or anything out of this world, I think is the eaysiest way to cover it , and looks cool too, get a purple balloon too!!

Ciao!!
Thanks, and also where did you mount your switch? Got any pics of that too?

Also, how should I charge the stock battery that came with the kit? Do I charge it with my normal charger or my wall charger that came with my Futaba radio or what? I'm not even sure if it is NiMH or not.

Thanks

Last edited by Accord; 05-05-2003 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I know this the 705 thread, sorry.
I have two Impulses (rollers, with up-grades) for sale for $425.00 for both. Can include a few KILLER airbrushed bodies for a few more $$
Old 05-05-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Cool

Paul,
The rear adjustable anti roll bar with the stock blades are way to stiff like InitialD and JABRONI mentioned.

I used the front male blades like InitialD suggested and works a lot better then the stock blades came with. The adjustable rear blades are sometimes to stiff for some tracks. They work great on a smooth, big ,high traction track.

Accord,
I have my Futaba reciever shrink wrap....
and on/off switch on the throttle servo!!
Old 05-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not sure what you mean by mounting the switch on the throttle servo. Do you have a pic?

THanks
Old 05-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Punisher or Pit Racer!!

Originally posted by InitialD
Paul, congrats on your successful outing I'm pleased to know that the FC steering blocks worked out well for you.

Anyway, the adjustable rear sway bar blades are thick and stiff as what is mentioned on mytsn. The solution is to get 2 of the front male anti roll bar (909216) to replace the ones that come with the adjustable rear sway bar set (909335). Alternatively, you can machine down and thin the ones that come with the set. You need to do them equally on both sides.
Thanks D, you're the Man!! and thanks to you too,, Jabroni for the pics ,, looks nice the S engraved!! ,, ,,

Sorry Accord no pics for tonight, my friend haven't email me yet with some of them that i took yesterday at the track ,, but the on-off switch I put it between the tank and the trotle servo, I made a hole that only the botton shows up and another two holes for the screws, and of course I use a purple switch cover to protect it from fuel spills,

About batteries, my car is using 750mah, A PCM receiver, 9402 Futaba for Steering and 3003 futaba for the throtle, I put my cells charging over night in a wall charger made by mpi 150mah for the batteries,, and never , never have problems with my car with dead batteries, best probe was yesterday, 5 min. of qualified , plus some test runs, and 45 minutes in total in all the mains I've run yesterday,,
Later I'll post the pics ,, when I get it, for reference OK!!

ciao!!
Old 05-05-2003, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Paul,
The rear adjustable anti roll bar with the stock blades are way to stiff like InitialD and JABRONI mentioned.

I used the front male blades like InitialD suggested and works a lot better then the stock blades came with. The adjustable rear blades are sometimes to stiff for some tracks. They work great on a smooth, big ,high traction track.

Accord,
I have my Futaba reciever shrink wrap....
and on/off switch on the throttle servo!!
Tanks Punisher,,

Your car looks good with that rear anti roll bar!! I took note of the parts numbers too!! Tnx
Old 05-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Prophet

I'm not sure what you mean by mounting the switch on the throttle servo. Do you have a pic?

THanks
I think he means he glues a servo extension plug at the side of the throttle servo so that he can plug / unplug instead of the on / off switch? I use the same method.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: REAR SWAY MOD

Originally posted by JABRONI
THE BARS ARE ACTUALLY OUT OF THE FRONT, APPARENTLY THE STOCK ONES WITH THIS TYPE OF SWAY BAR ARE WAY TO MUCH FOR THIS CAR.

SEE THE ATTACHMENT.

SEEMS TO WORK OK FOR ME,

SCOTT
S for SUPERMAN
Old 05-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Accord,

You can put ballon to wrap the receiver but like Punisher, I use shrink wrap, 2 pieces diagonal to each other, that way i had it almost waterproof. Then i use a double sided form tape (about 1mm) to stick the warp receiver to the mount. Shrink wrap again the wrap receiver to the Mount, only then i screw the mount to the upper plate. It is also tough and it works for me. See pictures.

You can get this shrink wrap from hobby store. Its a kind that wrap the Battery stick.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-dsc00247.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.