Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Left or Right Handed?

Originally posted by InitialD
Mark, you could probably try swapping the controls of your servos from your Tx menu and use the trigger as your steering and the steering knob as your throttle... See if you can drive better

But seriously, if you so incline and comfortable to use the other way around like what lefties do, then carry on

Hmm, that could be fatal for my 705 ;-)))) Although my driving can't get any worse ;-)))

As you asked so nicely, I posted an updated and much longer report from my experience from the EFRA GP in Bamberg.

It can be found here:

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publmem.asp?pid=8129

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Left or Right Handed?

Originally posted by markp27
As you asked so nicely, I posted an updated and much longer report from my experience from the EFRA GP in Bamberg.

It can be found here:

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publmem.asp?pid=8129

Cheers, Mark.
Woow Oslo??

Can I ask you so nicely again as to allow me to hop along too?

You hit a jackpot.The next thing you know, you're the official correspondent for Serpent and probably get some free stuff too. Maybe your own brand spanking new 950 that you've always been drooling... Just think of us when you get to that position, yah?
Old 05-28-2003, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Left or Right Handed?

Originally posted by InitialD
Woow Oslo??

Can I ask you so nicely again as to allow me to hop along too?

You hit a jackpot.The next thing you know, you're the official correspondent for Serpent and probably get some free stuff too. Maybe your own brand spanking new 950 that you've always been drooling... Just think of us when you get to that position, yah?
Nice, yeah!!! Actually the racing photography started in exactly the same way!!! Within two years of me doing my first circuit photos I was standing on the F1 circuit and getting contracts to do the German DTM!!! Who knows where this leads.

A 950 would be very welcome

Probably I would need someone to help me carry all the free stuff, so you're fist on my list
Old 05-28-2003, 02:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Left or Right Handed?

Originally posted by markp27
Nice, yeah!!! Actually the racing photography started in exactly the same way!!! Within two years of me doing my first circuit photos I was standing on the F1 circuit and getting contracts to do the German DTM!!! Who knows where this leads.

A 950 would be very welcome

Probably I would need someone to help me carry all the free stuff, so you're fist on my list
Actually, photography (digital) was my other hobby until this hobby robbed me all of my time I am just at the amatuer level... Not at the pro level high end stuff...

Anyway, I can take pictures on the trackside while you concentrate on the report writing, right?
Old 05-28-2003, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Not a bad idea, InitialD!!!!

Can you carry a 400mm f2.8 Nikon lens though! ;-) In fact I'm looking to sell it - you can have that and my Nikon F5 for a cool $7000 - that'd get me a few 950s
Old 05-28-2003, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Hey Mark,

Not sure which radio set you have but some of the trigger sets can be took apart and rebuilt with the steering wheel on the other side.

If you have one it would solve your problem.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by modellor
Hey Mark,

Not sure which radio set you have but some of the trigger sets can be took apart and rebuilt with the steering wheel on the other side.

I have a radio which can be rebuilt for left-handed operation, I was just wondering if this was common for right-handers to prefer to use the right hand for throttle control.

For example, most racing cars which still have gear sticks require the driver to use the right hand to change gear - this means the driver spends a lot of the time steering only with the left hand. And, as the throttle is controlled by the right foot, my thinking was that maybe it is more natural to control my car with left hand for steering and right hand for throttle.
I'll see if I persist with this
Old 05-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Wink

Thanks D,,

Sorry if I didn't write you before but I was making some testings here,, First ,, to fit these progresive suspension, I had to use the yellow front springs from my older Street spec, and the very first spring that i use for the first test was the silver (medium) the car seems to be more stable taking him out of the corners, more predictable from my point of view ,

Good job Mark,, great report ,,, and don't miss that oportunity to go to Olson,, remember you have to keep us on track that what is going on down there,, LOL!!

Ciao!!

p.s. = Your assigment for the next time,, MOre Pics!! OK!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Cool Spring Rates

I couldnt resist testing my springs to see what kind of consistency they may or may not have.
Although this is not a scientific study, and not all of the springs are brand new, I found it very interesting that not all springs are created equal, and should be checked to see that you are getting what you asked for when setting up your tweak on the car.

While trying to tweak my car on Four Scales to get optimal balance, I noticed I was having an unusually hard time getting it to come into line until I started looking at the springs and decided to try out my new Integy Spring Scale to see what the results would be.

My findings were quite unusual in that the blue springs (hardest) were the most inconsistent and in some cases, all four color types had at least one spring that could actually be put in another group based on the averages, etc.....

I would assume that Springs are like the Batteries in electric racing and if you can pick the ones that are closest to each other the better off you will be.

I will post more tips and tricks later !!

Scott , Az. Usa
Old 05-28-2003, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default Spring Scale Setup

Here is a picture of the setup and the Sheet I made , I can send the form to whoever would like it. It is in Excel Format and can be amended in any way you like !!!!

hope this works LOL !!!

Scott
Old 05-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Who makes that spring tester thing and where can I get one?
Old 05-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Hi InitialD!

Good tip about pressing on the front suspension to check to see if the downstops are equal - did just that and found that my MIP station registered an inequality!!!! Adjusted the downstop until the bubble on the MIP stayed in the middle - cheers!!!!!

Was watching some 1/10th, 1/8th and 1/5th racing today - my clubs championship (it's a public holiday here in good old Germany!).
I actually didn't find the 1/5ths too interesting - even the 1/5th F1 cars! Not sure why!?!?
But then the 1/8ths came out!!!!! Bugger me, these things are sooooooooooooooo quick!!
I don't think am at a level at which I could control one of these cars on our circuit - it was like suicidal driving.

Hey paulfitipauldi: more photos next time....promise

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by modellor
Hey Mark,

Ehm cough gave up on the left handed controller It felt really comfortable, but occasionally I turned the steering wheel the wrong way!!!

Back to the drawing board
Old 05-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Cool

Who makes that spring tester thing and where can I get one?
I beleave JABRONI has the Integy's Spring dyno.....very nice tool.

*EDIT* here is the link

Last edited by PUNISHER; 05-29-2003 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by PUNISHER
I beleave JABRONI has the Integy's Spring dyno.....very nice tool.

*EDIT* here is the link
Ummm, I think the Integy one was reviewed somewhere in the latest Xtreme RC Magazine issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.