Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Nomadio Sensor: 4ch DSS Radio - Realtime stats & Innovative design. >

Nomadio Sensor: 4ch DSS Radio - Realtime stats & Innovative design.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nomadio Sensor: 4ch DSS Radio - Realtime stats & Innovative design.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about lap times on Nomadio? I was just asking someone about the Nomadio yesterday, and they pointed out the lap counter system for the Spektrum?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Just ran my Nomadio for the first time under race conditions, and I'll have to say,,,,, wow!

No glitches, no hold patterns, no nothing! I ran 1/12 scale and ussually the first race or two my hands will cramp up due to the 8 min. But with the new Nomadio none of this, my hands never once cramped up and that was even with the stiff springs. It was weird coming to the drivers stand I would grab for the antenna to extend it but couldn't!

As for the lap timmer they claim it is coming in a furture realease. The beauty is that when it comes out all you have to do is download it! Spektrum you would have send the whole radio in and let them upgrade it! And there lap timer is a seperate (more weight) box you must add to your car. Nomadio will be included with the transceiver. Key word, TRANSCEIVER! Not Receiver like the Spektrum,,,,

Now the question is when do I sell my old radio systems!

Run Forest Run!
Old 11-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

How will the Nomadio pick up the car as it goes by the "loop" at the race track? I could care less about adding something into the car, like my personal transponder. Will they have a pickup that you set next to the track, to get an accurate lap count?
Old 11-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I can see that you dont have a Nomadio, and are very happy with your Spektrum. But why go on this crusade (imo) to put down the Nomadio? Its fine if you dont like it, but just be happy with the Specktrum and stop knocking the other products. It almost makes it seem like you have some kind of interest on Specktrum.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Well, before I spend $500 or so, I want to know how it works, or what they have planned. Yes I have a spektrum, but I do like some of the Nomadio features, and the made in the usa pride.

So back to my question, how will the lap timer work?
Old 11-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

lap counter will be a seperate add-on module.

spektrum will have lap counting aswell. spektrums additional add-ons are very close to be finished. i would think it would be finished before nomadio gets theres done.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nomadio-Sensor-4...QQcmdZViewItem

For those out of the country that can't find a Nomadio check out ebay.

As for the lap counting I was told that the hardware is there they just need to right the code. Not sure if there is somekind or hardware that needs to be located trackside? i.e. orions lap counter.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by billneu
As for the lap counting I was told that the hardware is there they just need to right the code. Not sure if there is somekind or hardware that needs to be located trackside? i.e. orions lap counter.
Thank you, I'll keep watching to see what they do for the hardware end of things.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Nomadio News

Black Friday!

now you wish you can dump your spektrum?

Hold on its too pretty.

Was Einstein pretty? Carl Sagan? if beauty was the only factor you racers wanted then youde be driving the x mod tx.. its pretty.

this is military spec full blown true DSS technology designed from the ground up not some bandaid frequency protection system bolted onto your legacy system... true two way communications

Read the link above.. now stuff that into your spektrum and smoke it.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

I already have my M11 with a Spektrum, but I think I'm going down to my local hobby shop to pick up a Nomadio today. Gotta give it a try.

The radio's they have, have the V1 receiver, will I get a V2 when I buy the radio? The V1 will work fine in my test cars/trucks, but I need the V2 for in my Mugen?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Jea3
I already have my M11 with a Spektrum, but I think I'm going down to my local hobby shop to pick up a Nomadio today. Gotta give it a try.

The radio's they have, have the V1 receiver, will I get a V2 when I buy the radio? The V1 will work fine in my test cars/trucks, but I need the V2 for in my Mugen?

yes

the v2 will fit in your mugen
Old 11-23-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jea3
I

You will need to register your Sensor when you get it. This will put you on the list at Nomadio to receive the V2 receiver when available. Nomadio will send you the V2 directly, your dealer will not touch it.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

I hear Nomadio is going to have a program that lets the Sensor talk to spektrum receivers

LOW / SLOW mode LOW as in they have to go to low power by a FACTOR OF 6, slow because we have to go from 100Hz to 50Hz

DAMN!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

This week we launch the next version of the Sensor radio program in this version we made RC desktop better, killed a few desk top bugs, increased the range even further and activated the "Splash" screen and made the bind screen better.

Next up are soft keys and some really advanced brake mixing.
The timers are going to be really cool, they are still in the Nomadio "Skunk Works" mix
Old 03-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Karlton,

When U get a sec...e - mail me,
Race info for G.L.A.R.C.R.C. U need to know!
Glenn Williams
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.