Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Nomadio Sensor: 4ch DSS Radio - Realtime stats & Innovative design. >

Nomadio Sensor: 4ch DSS Radio - Realtime stats & Innovative design.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nomadio Sensor: 4ch DSS Radio - Realtime stats & Innovative design.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

fit and finish is way sub-par compaired to my M11, and the receiver looks like its case is about to blow open, not nice and finished like my Spektrum reciever. The plastic looks and feels like something Fisher Price rejected. Don't drop it.

I like the idea, and I think they'll really sell nicely if it had better plastics, and better fit and finish.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Looks don't win races!

And keep in mind its made in the Good Ol USA! Not China or Japan! Not just designed here but also made here!

Do you remember the first wheel radios! Talk about ugly! They were made in some guys garage..... If all you worry about is the looks....we'll then stay with your 60's technology and the rest of us will enter the 21st century......

The newer spektrum radios look like a remade JR.... Lots of R/D there!

I personally don't like the looks of a lot of the newer FM radios, does that mean they are bad.... no just old technology....

f.y.i. the new V2 reciever is smaller and lighter than either Futaba's or JR recievers! And it talks to you!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default RE

You are right...looks don't win races....you still gotta drive....I'd rather drive with something that STILL works and doesn't feel and look cheap. I didn't say it didn't work. You might see them showing up at tracks across the country.....but I bet it will be awhile before they outnumber M8's and m11's as well as Ko's and 3pk's!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

It will take a while, Ford didn't just snap his fingers and everyone had a Model T in their garage! Heck they probably didn't even have garages! People still have horses today!

The ability to just turn on your radio and not worry is huge! The ability for the telemetry is just icing on the cake!

I have one and it definitely doesn't feel cheap!
Old 11-17-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

I really hope they improve the plastic on it.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by billneu
Looks don't win races!

And keep in mind its made in the Good Ol USA! Not China or Japan! Not just designed here but also made here!

Do you remember the first wheel radios! Talk about ugly! They were made in some guys garage..... If all you worry about is the looks....we'll then stay with your 60's technology and the rest of us will enter the 21st century......

The newer spektrum radios look like a remade JR.... Lots of R/D there!

I personally don't like the looks of a lot of the newer FM radios, does that mean they are bad.... no just old technology....

f.y.i. the new V2 reciever is smaller and lighter than either Futaba's or JR recievers! And it talks to you!
And what kind of car do you drive? Toyota? Honda? Hyundia?

I'll stick with my M11 for now thank you very much. It performs just fine, and with oh I don't know, 5 years or more of the M8 being peoples choice with so many World championships?

I really hope they do well, and I'll keep watching, but my M11 was at the stores first, right when I needed a radio the most.

As for the new spektrum radio's, I hate those too. That plastic looks like it'll crack and break also. But the Nomadio would have to offer alot more to make me give up my M11 / Spektrum right now, and it don't
Old 11-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Ford,Pontiac,Chevy,Pontiac,Ford,Olds, Chevy and Pontiac......... Never owned foreign....... Not saying I never will, just never have......

I still have my Futaba PCM 3PB..(still works too)... The original and first PCM for cars......everyone said PCM wouldn't work either! est 1988 or so way before your M11 (personally I think all of the airtronics are pretty ugly, good radios just ugly).
Old 11-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

hehehe, all on you taste I guess.

I would like to get a Nomadio for CVEC to test with. I do like how it feels in my hands as far as the layout. I wonder if they are thinking of rubber spots on the radio, so if you drop it? I really like the idea of the software, and upgrades like that. Have you used the feature yet?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the JR Alpina was the first PCM radio for cars. Anybody who slams the Nomadio about being ugly never saw the JR Alpina.

I have done one software upgrade with the Nomadio and it works great and is very easy to do. Only hitch is the PC update software will not work with Win98 or lower. The update I did added some features to the radio that it did not originally come with and corrected a few minor problems with the original release. They currently have a Beta release of the new software update out now that some folks are trying. The new software will increase stored models from the current 8 to 40. I suspect the final release of the new update will come out with the release of the Version 2 receiver.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

I've upgraded to the Beta, heard for 1/12 scale it is a must, not sure why? But it does have more info menus than before.

As for the JR being first not sure on that one I do know that the Futaba came out with a lot more functions. I still use it today (I let my 9year boy use it with his 1/18), mostely just FM the PCM recievers stop working. Basic stuff today but at that time. Failsafe was one. But that was a long time ago! My wife tells me my memory just aint the same! Selective memory is a great thing to have at times!

As long as your racing takes all that really matters!
Old 11-18-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

Is the transceiver small enough to fit in a 1/10 scale car? It was my understanding that the transceiver was sort of big and they were planing on making it smaller. More compact. I'm still waiting because I would like to use this radio system. Also, Spektrum has a pager looking thing that you could use to get temp. readings while your car is running on the track. Its more for your pit-person.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

I made the V1 fit into my CRC Carpet Knife, you should be able to fit it into the 1/10!

Also if you are going to buy one do it now! If you get a V1 receiver with your Nomadio when you register it they will send you a V2 receiver for free and you get to keep the V1 for free! 2 for 1 deal! Thats about $100.... But if you wait and yours comes with the V2, then that is all you get is one reciever.

Yes the V2 is smaller and the Tach works while the V1 the tach doesn't, but to get another receiver with the temp and voltage sensor is still a great deal.

So run and order it now! "Run Forest run"

Bill
Old 11-18-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Every person who has a 2.4Ghz system can get the advantages of the new software.

Whoops only Nomadio has it!

The reason we did not ship out of the USA at first was the V1 receiver was to large, shipping free receivers all over the world was simply too much.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

ABC Modelsort (H.A.R.M.) looks like they will be our distributor in Germany. But they have not yet signed the agreement.

Hessle Roskam from the Netherlands 2003 1:5 scale WC is now a Team driver.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Hey Karlton...good to see u back, rock on with the new systems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.