sts rs12 modified turbo .12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sts rs12 modified turbo .12

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default STS .12 Turbo Head Button for trade.

Anyone what to trade a STS Turbo Head button for a Standard plug Head button?

PM or E-mail if interested.

Thanks,
Old 01-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Choice

Given the chance that both are priced the same, which one would you choose?

STS RS-5 Outlaw (5 port) or the STS RS3 (Modified 3 port)?
Old 01-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Choice

Originally posted by InitialD
Given the chance that both are priced the same, which one would you choose?

STS RS-5 Outlaw (5 port) or the STS RS3 (Modified 3 port)?
I haven't tried the 5 Port, but the RS3 looks pretty good so far. I'm still breaking it in and it seems pretty responsive to needle adjustments. Still not as fast as my old MT12, but I'm still breaking it in. If you can get away with running a 5 port (local track rules), for the same price why not?
Old 01-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

i just broke in my rs3 yesterday. I still need to do some tuning before i see the true power from my engine. also got to tune my centax to a better setting. seems like stock setting for my centax is a bit late.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Choice

Originally posted by DCR1TWO
I haven't tried the 5 Port, but the RS3 looks pretty good so far. I'm still breaking it in and it seems pretty responsive to needle adjustments. Still not as fast as my old MT12, but I'm still breaking it in. If you can get away with running a 5 port (local track rules), for the same price why not?
Yeah, there are no track rules to follow. Just wanted to know if the added extra mods on the RS3 has any significant advantage over the RS5...
Old 01-25-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Initiate

check out this forum also.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default RS5

Hi,

I just got a STS RS-5, it deliver pretty good performance on track. However, my carb seems to have fuel leaking problem. After close inspection, the leaking seem to be comming from the gap between the foam filter and carb inlet (the lower part of the foam is a little bit wet). Do you have any comment or suggestion on this? It is by no means on the rich side on both the main and low end needle. The engine run fine in the trak with good low to high end speed and acceleration. (compariable with common 5-port engine)

I also notice fuel leak out from the glow plug while using a short #5 turbo plug nomatter how tight I screw it in. Looking at the top, it is very funny, just like boiling water bubble comming out at the glow plug and button interface! Any suggestion?
Old 02-16-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Chat Moderator

Well, sounds kinda fishy, but if knowone can help, email them about your problem. They are quick to respond and they are nice about it. So email them stateing your syptoms in a kind way. Check out this for the email info. http://www.teamcrc.com/CRC%20Contacts.htm
Old 02-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, I've post this under their forum about nitro engine. I think it is better to ask it open so that others can get access to the knowledge base and save their time and effort to answer the same question a thousand times. But it seems that they are very busy at the moment to help finding out the solutions.

Maybe changing the STS plastic carb with a Nova one may solve the leak problem but need to try it next time on track.

Last edited by Wolf; 02-16-2003 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

omg my rs3 engine is so fast now. response is so quick and using a centax, one way and solid rear now. cant wait to test it on track. this engine is like the best one i tried to so far for the money. i also made a mod to the carb and i did see a little more performance in that. when i have the time im gonna tear the engine apart and do a polish on the crankshaft. try to squeeze every bit of power i can without having to run it lean or do major mods to the engine.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

u guys know the needle setting for the STS RS5 turbo engine?.....
cause i just run in my engine ... and just want to know the needle setting for both top and low end needle for best performance......

STS RS3 setting would be good.......
Old 02-17-2003, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by skillas
u guys know the needle setting for the STS RS5 turbo engine?.....
cause i just run in my engine ... and just want to know the needle setting for both top and low end needle for best performance......

STS RS3 setting would be good.......
Skillas,

There is no definite needle setting that anyone can give for your motor or any motor for that matter. This is because each one is defferent from another..

How about if you run the motor and let us know what it is doing. That is when people can probably help with suggestions:

I.e - too much smoke, bogging down, no power, over heating, no smoke, etc etc.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i gonna go down my local track and try to see wat happen then i will let u know........
Old 03-26-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default gas milage

Hey All i was wonfering how the gas milage is on a mod engine like the RS3 when compared to a non mod engie....

THanks Jason