Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 05:37 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedy100
hey, i am happy you finally agree the Mega ZX21 is junk. You know Michael's mega is many time better than mine out of the box. Mine is just right out of the box and it is less competitive which I observed.
where did i say it is junk?......

It used to be faster then my Evo5, but after trying my Mega efra 2018 exhaust on my Evo5, this one is a bit faster now....

BUT, and a real big BUT....

A ZX21 is A LOT cheaper then any of the other engines you previously mentioned......

That's the goal of Serpent with this engine, but no, everybody keeps complaining, that the hobby is getting to expensive, but still people want to run the top of the bill........
Old 09-08-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M7H
That's the goal of Serpent with this engine, but no, everybody keeps complaining, that the hobby is getting to expensive, but still people want to run the top of the bill........
Nah, but people want the engine to be priced as it is and still perform like the fastest engine on the market and last fifty gallons of fuel.

The problem with 1:8 in this case is, that once you get good at driving (like, good enough to go to messina this year and make a chance) you'd better also have the fastest engine available or your chances of winning are as good as gone... Salven can't drive a non-mega engine because that would be bad publicity. They also can't be too slow (no matter the engine's price point) because that would also be bad and you get the complaining you see here .

Maybe it's time for a spec... ahwell, nevermind .
Old 09-08-2005, 06:53 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Qlone, I agree, that's the way it is.....

Are you there sunday on the MACH clubrace?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:57 AM
Buyer Beware

i was thinking of getting for my boyfriend that NOVAROSSI PLUS 21-3...i wonder if this engine is pretty good?
Old 09-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M7H
Are you there sunday on the MACH clubrace?
If I can get my engine to run properly saturday (its adjustment is way off at the moment), I'll be there with my serpent 710...
Old 09-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by M7H
where did i say it is junk?......

It used to be faster then my Evo5, but after trying my Mega efra 2018 exhaust on my Evo5, this one is a bit faster now....

BUT, and a real big BUT....

A ZX21 is A LOT cheaper then any of the other engines you previously mentioned......

hey, you are the only guy say the good thing of zx21. Even the serpent guys i know here they give zero comment to mega picco. they imply the zx21 used in the race as they have no choice but to support serpent. inexpensive is nothing, the RB cj is really a good stuff for pricewise and qualitywise.

the think i wanted to know why picco boy's motor is so fast ? they are the same picco base engine. perhaps michael did not get picco a good deal so the zx21 is not comparable.....
Old 09-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

in the french team it's RB,they use RB motor not mega
and i saw the french serpent guys are not too competitive....
perhaps they don't have good fingers
the most important is the very good quality of 960 the engine is an other thing and i can not drive at mondial level...my engine is RB C5 and RB Cj001
Old 09-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Qlone
Nah, but people want the engine to be priced as it is and still perform like the fastest engine on the market and last fifty gallons of fuel.

The problem with 1:8 in this case is, that once you get good at driving (like, good enough to go to messina this year and make a chance) you'd better also have the fastest engine available or your chances of winning are as good as gone... Salven can't drive a non-mega engine because that would be bad publicity. They also can't be too slow (no matter the engine's price point) because that would also be bad and you get the complaining you see here .
I agree. Maybe they need a hand-tuned version. High-speed, high-price, short-life. If Serpent doesn't hussle, they'll get completely shut out of the A-main. Winning would be a miracle for Serpent. It will be a monumental struggle for Salven to get into the final. He'll be fighting Collari, Swauger, Picco, and Domanin for the top 2 spots in his main in order to go on and the odds are strong that Swauger will take one of the two spots. Collari has been inconsistent so he's a real wild card. I guess Collari and Swauger could crash into one another . . .

I strongly doubt there is anything wrong with the car, body, fuel, tires, exhaust, receiver, or servos so that leaves the . . . . . antenna cap?
Old 09-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Buyer Beware

Has anyone gotten the 960 yet,i tried a few hobby shops and they do not have them in yet....
Old 09-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Serpent 960

Kitty you might find a 960 here at gasrccar.com Lee Muse does mail order and has a huge supply of just about anything anyone would need for gas onroad racing.Hope this helps
Old 09-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hellokitty.

My son and I just got our kits.I havent started putting it together yet But all I can say is I am very impressed so far it has pinion tools,clutch tools,swaybar tools for adjusting.Alot of nice features.The shocks are awsome I cant wait to get it together.
mike
Old 09-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
Has anyone gotten the 960 yet,i tried a few hobby shops and they do not have them in yet....
www.ace-hobbies.com should have their kits in on Monday or Tuesday.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey Chris did you get yours yet?
Old 09-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

is the 960 a good car at the end of ifmar?
salven was out early in the race,bestel too they ran with 960
Old 09-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whynot
Hey Chris did you get yours yet?
I got my car lastnite...I ran the car this afternoon at Revelations and was very impressed with the way the car worked out of the box. It has tons of steering and great rear traction. The car is going to be very good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.