Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by joseviejo
I lost the brake pins same as you did. They do not have part number. I assume they come in combination with other parts. I lost a horizontal pin and a vertical pin. How did you do to get them?
Seems more common losing the horizontal pins. Some friends lost them this past weekend. Now I'm working on a suitable solution that will make you to NOT lose another horizontal pin never (the only I can say actually is that the prototypes are secured by screws to the bulkhead).

Photos coming soon.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: bearing matters

Originally posted by eddiethefish
I first thought my Squat Precision ball bearing used through out my car is the most expensive set of MTX-3 bearings, until I see this MTX-3 bearing set.
Why not pick a bearing set of Here ????

Got one some time ago to replace mine worn bearings and works like a charm for about 30US$ plus 3US$ of shipping. Ceramic bearings are cool, but scorching expensive.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: bearing matters

Originally posted by Corse-R
Why not pick a bearing set of Here ????

Got one some time ago to replace mine worn bearings and works like a charm for about 30US$ plus 3US$ of shipping. Ceramic bearings are cool, but scorching expensive.
I am told to stay away from Blue Bearing. Thanks anyway. I've already had all my Squat Precision ball bearings in my MTX-3.

Tempting to try out ceramic bearing, perhaps, I can try it on my Bit-Charge first.

Thanks Corse-R anyway.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Forget the bearings what about one of these?

http://www.acerracing.com/acerchick.html
Is it smoother than ceramic bearings or ceramic nitride bearings?
Old 07-16-2003, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Is it smoother than ceramic bearings or ceramic nitride bearings?
It is as smooth as a snake yet as slippery as a fish!

What are Squat Precision bearings?
Old 07-16-2003, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

It is as smooth as a snake yet as slippery as a fish!

What are Squat Precision bearings?
Slippery than a greased pig?

Fish should be doing siesta, it should say Square rather than Squat
Old 07-16-2003, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Seems more common losing the horizontal pins. Some friends lost them this past weekend. Now I'm working on a suitable solution that will make you to NOT lose another horizontal pin never (the only I can say actually is that the prototypes are secured by screws to the bulkhead).

Photos coming soon.
I haven't experienced that problem yet but it will be interesting to see what you've come up with,keep us posted.

As for the bearings i've also read good and bad things about people buying those blue ones off ebay but i haven't tried them myself.Corse,how long have you run those bearings and have you inspected them after you ran them for a while?
Old 07-16-2003, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh square bearings LOL.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

As for the bearings i've also read good and bad things about people buying those blue ones off ebay but i haven't tried them myself.Corse,how long have you run those bearings and have you inspected them after you ran them for a while?
I haven't run as long as I wanted. Installed past week, just in time for the Nationals here. Did some practicing, run qualifiers and did some subfinals (about 2 or 3 hours in total) is a little early for giving an opinion of them, but for 30US$ a complete bearing set is a killer price (I don't mind of having another in the toolbox to substitute the bad ones).
Old 07-16-2003, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

We look forward to a future review then.

I toasted a couple in the hubs a few weeks ago and replaced them with ones i got locally but i'm also looking to get a set for spare,maybe i will just get these blue ones cause they are very cheap and i've heard a little bit more good then bad from users.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

yawning... Squat
Old 07-16-2003, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Default THS racing pipes

Has anyone here got any experience using this pipe? I just bought it today and it comes complete with the header with spring type connection to the pipe. It is for Turbo type engine and I m going to put it on my S5. It is a bit shorter than my Kyosho tuned pipe which I m replacing and the stinger diameter is 6 mm compare to the Kyosho 7mm. Anyhow which pipe do you think the best for a Turbo type engine. Here in my country most of the top guys are using Kyosho Tuned pipe.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: THS racing pipes

Originally posted by dameetz
Has anyone here got any experience using this pipe? I just bought it today and it comes complete with the header with spring type connection to the pipe. It is for Turbo type engine and I m going to put it on my S5. It is a bit shorter than my Kyosho tuned pipe which I m replacing and the stinger diameter is 6 mm compare to the Kyosho 7mm. Anyhow which pipe do you think the best for a Turbo type engine. Here in my country most of the top guys are using Kyosho Tuned pipe.
since you already have the pipe on hand you can try it out and compare to see which one is better
Old 07-16-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: THS racing pipes

Originally posted by dameetz
Has anyone here got any experience using this pipe? I just bought it today and it comes complete with the header with spring type connection to the pipe.
Uhm.... seemed to read somewhere that THS and RDLogics are the same (at least where to pipes is related). All depends on which kind of track you usually run. Isn't nothing related to the pipe stinger. How is your local track?
Old 07-16-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Pick them Tommy, you will not regret of them. Received past Thu and the next day was testing at the track. Loved it.

BTW: Anybody wants a complete 1.0 gearing set for the MTX3?
For free?? ship it over to me and i pay for the shipping..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.