Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by puma1824
Fast Tyres, Power Tires, or Elligi? Which do you guys like better? Have you had any long term problems using the 0 offset tires?

-Puma
Fast Tyres, Power Tires, or Elligi, etc. are from the same manufacture GRP Racing. I have found no difference, but price.

I've been using the Zac tires 0 offset, and have no problem. I use what I like and what my wallet likes best!
Old 07-22-2003, 05:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Power Tires

The rims break easily....same foam, but the plastic is more like glass! We've all been using Fast Tires and Ellegi.

I'm also experimenting with rubber. Currently trying out Sorex 36r's, but I think I need to lose the anti-roll bars and soften the springs...

Anyone have any success stories with rubber on parking lot surfaces? Tell us the setup, please.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tweak Station

Hi:

A fellow racer in Puerto Rico was using a Speedmind tweak station the other day. I liked it a lot and looked on the internet hobby shops but could not find it.

Anybody knows where to find it and any comment on its usefulness as compared to the MIP. I know Integy makes one but it is a lot more expensive.

Thanks for your comments on the lost brake pins on the MTX-3. I ended up using broken shock shafts from my Impact. Put some CA glue on them. Hope they stay.

Thanks
Jose
Old 07-22-2003, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Tweak Station

Originally posted by joseviejo
Hi:

A fellow racer in Puerto Rico was using a Speedmind tweak station the other day. I liked it a lot and looked on the internet hobby shops but could not find it.

Anybody knows where to find it and any comment on its usefulness as compared to the MIP. I know Integy makes one but it is a lot more expensive.

Thanks for your comments on the lost brake pins on the MTX-3. I ended up using broken shock shafts from my Impact. Put some CA glue on them. Hope they stay.

Thanks
Jose
snake pins !! not a bad idea !
Old 07-22-2003, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Hi:

Thanks
Jose
it is better to use epoxy. CA will melt when heated and that is one area where receives most heat from engine or from braking.

besides, look for area that is enough to use set screws to affix the pin instead of using glue.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Power Tires

Originally posted by Marktur
The rims break easily....same foam, but the plastic is more like glass! We've all been using Fast Tires and Ellegi.

I'm also experimenting with rubber. Currently trying out Sorex 36r's, but I think I need to lose the anti-roll bars and soften the springs...

Anyone have any success stories with rubber on parking lot surfaces? Tell us the setup, please.
In Dallas, most of us parking lot racers are using the Take-Off CS 32 and CS 27 tires with the stock instruction setup. In the spring and late fall, CS 32s in the front and CS 27s in the rear. In the hot summer months, we can get away with CS 32s all the way around. The car hooks up like it is on foams on asphalt. On tight tracks, you have to use the diff in the front.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi:

You can get it from Magma RC, Speedmind tweak station, part #PT-100B, $62.20US, it's on page #28 of their Speedmind products online catalog.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Tweak Station

Originally posted by mistercrash
You can get it from Magma RC, Speedmind tweak station, part #PT-100B, $62.20US, it's on page #28 of their Speedmind products online catalog.
i think the speedmind tweak station has similar design to the MIP one, isnt it?
Old 07-22-2003, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Tweak Station

Originally posted by Manticore
Yes they are very similar in design. The difference is in quality. The Speedmind comes in three colors, blue, black or purple, the bearings are factory installed and it comes with a nice plastic case.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default Fuel tubing

Erm may i ask you guys what are the optimium
length of fuel tubing to run from tank to engine
and from tank to pipe..

what are the effects in running a longer pressure tube?

thanks
Old 07-22-2003, 08:56 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Tweak Station

Originally posted by Manticore
Nah...Speedmind is not balance because the spirit level is located on one end.....the MIP is "perfectly" balanced.....it moves even when I turn the air con in the room!!!
Old 07-22-2003, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tweak Station

Originally posted by dtm
Nah...Speedmind is not balance because the spirit level is located on one end.....the MIP is "perfectly" balanced.....it moves even when I turn the air con in the room!!!
I like the way how MIP balance the lever with metal dots
Old 07-22-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

VINYARD- The longer the pressure line is the more constant pressure of fuel your giving to the engine. shorter line is worse. Think about it, if you have a longer fuel line you can maybe get 1 or 2 laps while others are pitting
Old 07-22-2003, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Pardon my ignorance but doesn't a nitro car on foams become tweaked as soon as the tires start to wear unevenly during a race?
Old 07-22-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by mistercrash
Pardon my ignorance but doesn't a nitro car on foams become tweaked as soon as the tires start to wear unevenly during a race?
or, you should say the uneven wear of the tire is due to chassis tweak......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.