Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 gp onroad w'cship ifmar 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Lord

An interesting quote from Mario Hudy on the Xray forums:
http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13110

The team has improvised a lot at the Worlds while working on the set-up. As far I heard the tire treatment created a lot of problems, without the tire treatment the cars were slow, with the treatment the cars tractionrolled. So I expect that modification was to try to find a solution to the particular track condition as well to try to fight some other competitors who used some very special tires.
What tires?
Old 11-23-2012, 03:13 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Dual stage or dual compound tyres I think he is referring to.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

look at the setupsheet, i think from Wang. (mugen) There the front tires. But at 40/40 both tires what is the advantage then?
Old 11-23-2012, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
An interesting quote from Mario Hudy on the Xray forums:
http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13110

What tires?
Pretty lame excuse if you ask me, every tire brand offers a dual compound tire at the moment, including Matrix.

The dual compound tires have the normal front tire foam on the outside, but on the inside they have the foam which is normally used for the rear tires. Not everybody knows this but the tire companies use a different type of foam for the fronts and for the rears. The rear tire foam has more grip, despite having the same shore rating.

So when you have a 40/40 front tire it will have 40 shore front tire foam on the outside and 40 shore rear tire foam on the inside.
There are a lot of different ways on how to make such a tire, which shore combination, do you use the same amount of both foams or only a thin strip on the inside etc.

The dual compound tire reduces the chance of traction rolling, because the outside of the tire has less grip. In my experience it also made the car a lot smoother to drive compared to normal foam tires with additive.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So,dual compound is the way to go?
Old 11-23-2012, 04:14 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by djiewie
look at the setupsheet, i think from Wang. (mugen) There the front tires. But at 40/40 both tires what is the advantage then?
With the 1/8 it is a known thing not to treat the front tires on the full surface or else you do get to much steer. I can imaging going to a harder front tire you can treat them on the full surface ending up with a more consistent setup when changing tires
Old 11-23-2012, 04:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
So when you have a 40/40 front tire it will have 40 shore front tire foam on the outside and 40 shore rear tire foam on the inside.
That explaines it , thanks. Do you have these tires then?? for sale
Old 11-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

That explaines it , thanks. Do you have these tires then?? for sale
For the 2013 season I will start stocking them, Capricorn and Hotrace make them.
If you want them sooner I can order them.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

For the 2013 season I will start stocking them, Capricorn and Hotrace make them.
If you want them sooner I can order them.
will speak you at the meeting. 16 dec.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:13 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Just quickly make a proposal to prohibit the use of dual compound tyres, like in 12th scale IFMAR rules:

4.0.4 Tyres: Min. width is 13mm. Max. Width is 38m.
Any tyre diameter will be allowed. The tyre width is measured at the widest part of the tread or
sidewall. The diameter must be maintained over at least the minimum width of the tyre. The tyre
sizes apply at the start of the race.
Each tyre on the car must only be constructed from one (1) compound (shore rating/density) of
foam rubber.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M7H
Just quickly make a proposal to prohibit the use of dual compound tyres, like in 12th scale IFMAR rules:

4.0.4 Tyres: Min. width is 13mm. Max. Width is 38m.
Any tyre diameter will be allowed. The tyre width is measured at the widest part of the tread or
sidewall. The diameter must be maintained over at least the minimum width of the tyre. The tyre
sizes apply at the start of the race.
Each tyre on the car must only be constructed from one (1) compound (shore rating/density) of
foam rubber.
Yo do know every normal front tire is already made out of 2 pieces of foam?. The dual compounds are made out of 3 pieces.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:10 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Yo do know every normal front tire is already made out of 2 pieces of foam?. The dual compounds are made out of 3 pieces.
Yep, I know, but never really cared about it. We will see if the dual compound tyres will be available in a lot of different types to suit every type of track and traction.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M7H
Yep, I know, but never really cared about it. We will see if the dual compound tyres will be available in a lot of different types to suit every type of track and traction.
OFFTOPIC; well the 8 scale nationals are all in favor for saucing. At least no preposal is made to follow EFRA on handout tires. Lots off saucing next year in 8 scale. And multi shore tires i suppose for the sponsored racers to get the edge.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:43 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

OFFTOPIC; well the 8 scale nationals are all in favor for saucing. At least no preposal is made to follow EFRA on handout tires. Lots off saucing next year in 8 scale. And multi shore tires i suppose for the sponsored racers to get the edge.
Not yet, proposal can still come, but I sure don't hope we go that direction, because I don't have the faith it can work on national level.
In the UK they are going to work with a control tyre as far as I know, so lets see how this goes next year!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

saucing in nitroclass is like in 12 scale i suppose
so it can be good for the racers with no setup skills.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.