Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 09:47 AM
vlp
Tech Rookie

Thanks everyone !

I have the http://www.nitrokb.com/mtx4/ on my favourites , as well as this thread

Its seems like im fully completed the kit , so what I got there is
mtx4kit , EB Modified O.S. .12 TZ (P)-T 5-Ports engine with k-missle exhaust pipe , 2 digital servos - futaba s9351(th) and ko2366(st), Spektrum DSM 3CH system with 3PKS futaba radio , 6v 3000 mah battery for transmitter and mazda 6 body ( havent painted it yet ;/ )

so this morning I tried my first break-in , I did followed some tips from the forum and also mostly the manuals of engine

well , i wanted to ask for advice , can I leave the fuel pipe whatever leght I want or it's should be soem specific one , I saw your mtxs photos guys and saw the fuel tubing goes kinda in spiral , why you need so much leght ?

Also after the break in procedure I tried to run the car , the engine showed about ~210 240 f all the time , but its seems like the engine stops after soem 10 seconds , i cant describe it exactly hm , i thought its stops when its shifts to second gear , so I tried to spin the car around on the first gear and after some 15 seconds the engine just stopped again ;p

yaaaaw I see I gotta learn lots of stuff and I like it
Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 AM
vlp
Tech Rookie

maybe someone is avliable on icq sometimes whos expirienced with mtx4 ?

I won`t take much of your time , just for a small tips , I would really appreciate if someone could dedicated me few minutes of his time , let me know please , thank you!

Old 04-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The pressure line is the one that goes from the exhaust pipe to the tank. Usually a long enough length creates enough pressure to keep fuel going into the engine especially if the car flips over. The filter on the line also prevents debris from entering the tank as you sometimes will see the pressure line near the exhaust is filled with unburnt fuel or so. I try to keep the fuel line away from the engine so it doesn't heat up before reaching the car. I prefer to have it go around the air filter and curl back to the carb. As for the engine how does it sound? Is it bogging or running really rich or is it running lean?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
The pressure line is the one that goes from the exhaust pipe to the tank. Usually a long enough length creates enough pressure to keep fuel going into the engine especially if the car flips over. The filter on the line also prevents debris from entering the tank as you sometimes will see the pressure line near the exhaust is filled with unburnt fuel or so. I try to keep the fuel line away from the engine so it doesn't heat up before reaching the car. I prefer to have it go around the air filter and curl back to the carb. As for the engine how does it sound? Is it bogging or running really rich or is it running lean?
I think you are doing good. I'm using fuel inline filter ( novarossi ) and I keep the fuel line short without kink. Cover the fuel line with some kind of tubing where it touch the engine for less heat transfer. For fuel pressure line, 13cm to 15cm in length is the best setup. Longer fuel line actually helps to minimise flame out when a car is flip over, but too long will make the fuel tank capacity out of 75cc regulation.

Interestingly too long fuel line ( over 10 cm in length ) cause starting problem in my mrx4-r.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default mtx4r

still working on it the MTX4 SE now part of the MUGENATOR NATION watch it now no more port a potty trips 4 me this is why im hot
Old 04-14-2007, 02:40 AM
vlp
Tech Rookie

got it !

I'll adjust the pipes leghts right now !

I also have the mugen short and long filter , i think ill go with bigger one hm

well , thats the problem I guess , the engine sound , as for me its runs preatty nice i think , but i dont understand much as you see , when the car stands on starter box and the wheels in the air , i kick down some rpms and its work like a charm , blue smoke running out of exhaust , the engine wont stop...
but when i put on the floor , i have about 20 secodns to run the car before its stop without any reason ;p

im gonna play with carb settings a bit , maybe ill check the clutch ;p

ah , i dont have any rc club around me , so i gotta figure out everything on my own , well i guess its hardest but best way to learn about my new hobby
Old 04-14-2007, 02:47 AM
vlp
Tech Rookie

heh just figured out i dont need any adjustment on the pipes leght

my air pressure pipe is about 150mm

the fuel pipe is about 130 mm

going to install the mugen long filter now ...
Old 04-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vlp
i kick down some rpms and its work like a charm , blue smoke running out of exhaust , the engine wont stop...
but when i put on the floor , i have about 20 secodns to run the car before its stop without any reason ;p
All you need to do then is lean out the low end needle and you may need to reduce idle a well. The engine is running a little rich so it will load up and cut off unless you bleep the throttle a little bit.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:05 PM
vlp
Tech Rookie

All you need to do then is lean out the low end needle and you may need to reduce idle a well. The engine is running a little rich so it will load up and cut off unless you bleep the throttle a little bit.

I tried to play with needles a bit today , and I got some better results already, the engine stops more rarely now.

I just want to figure out on my own the feeling of proper running engine , if the mixture if its too rich or lean... sure, I have reasearched tons of material on the forum , but still dont have the "feeling" on my own

p.s I need to get the set up system asap !

I didn't adjusted the ride yet ;p

I thought about team magic one , but looks like I gonna place a order for Hudy All in one set-up system
Old 04-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds good! Glad you got that fixed up. BTW with the Hudy you can't go wrong. It's high quality and the best thing to get for your ride when you want to really have a dialed car.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by vlp
I tried to play with needles a bit today , and I got some better results already, the engine stops more rarely now.

I just want to figure out on my own the feeling of proper running engine , if the mixture if its too rich or lean... sure, I have reasearched tons of material on the forum , but still dont have the "feeling" on my own

I thought about team magic one , but looks like I gonna place a order for Hudy All in one set-up system
Best thing to do is get the feeling yourself to figure it out engine tuning same thing I did makes a big difference.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vlp

For MTX4 clutch / centax setup, there was Mike Swauger's article covered in RC Extreme Magazine. Read that, it's very good reading.

For MTX4 suspension setting / setup tools : Hudy All in One system is the best.

For engine tuning : Ask more experience drivers ( Group A drivers ) to accompany you tuning the needle.

Don't forget to learn how to open and clean engine's internals after use. Materials to clean engine internals : Motor sprays ( ask electric car racers what brand to clean their electric motor ), Metal Polish, Clean clothes / rags, Novarossi after run oil, Small Zip Ties, and HUDY TOOLS

For examples: You need this screw driver to open Novarossi engine without damaging the top screws : see attachment.

Search your needs in www.hudy.net
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4-5.8mm.jpg  
Old 04-15-2007, 12:28 PM
vlp
Tech Rookie

Sounds good! Glad you got that fixed up. BTW with the Hudy you can't go wrong. It's high quality and the best thing to get for your ride when you want to really have a dialed car.
I played some more with the needle settings today , and the car runs even better , I managed to burn almost full tank without the engine stopping even for single time. weird thing my setting are not like recommended in o.s manuals ;p , I need to adjust my clutch now , i think its goes on too early , Im waiting for the tool to set it up.

I have the hudy promotional set of tools , and I really like it
Old 04-15-2007, 12:29 PM
vlp
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Best thing to do is get the feeling yourself to figure it out engine tuning same thing I did makes a big difference.
yep , I wanna learn it myself
Old 04-15-2007, 12:32 PM
vlp
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by asw7576
For MTX4 clutch / centax setup, there was Mike Swauger's article covered in RC Extreme Magazine. Read that, it's very good reading.

For MTX4 suspension setting / setup tools : Hudy All in One system is the best.

For engine tuning : Ask more experience drivers ( Group A drivers ) to accompany you tuning the needle.

Don't forget to learn how to open and clean engine's internals after use. Materials to clean engine internals : Motor sprays ( ask electric car racers what brand to clean their electric motor ), Metal Polish, Clean clothes / rags, Novarossi after run oil, Small Zip Ties, and HUDY TOOLS

For examples: You need this screw driver to open Novarossi engine without damaging the top screws : see attachment.

Search your needs in www.hudy.net

Thanks for the tips first of all !

I dont have anyone around with touring nitro , no rc clubs here

Ough you are totally right , I forgot to buy all those cleaning sprays , I'll put some order tonight !

as for Hudy , Im already ordered the set up system and expecting it next week , I have their promotional set of tools (9 pieces) and I really like their quality , after all , I'm not so rich to buy a cheap things

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.