Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by sausage_link
damn that looks great phildee! i wish mine had of turned out that good, but its ok im getting another skyline body soon
Make sure your getting the HPI Skyline. They have more realife look skyline with those headlights! Example:
Attached Thumbnails V-ONE S Thread-gtr-black.jpg  
Old 02-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by xGSiR
Make sure your getting the HPI Skyline. They have more realife look skyline with those headlights! Example:
That's sweettt!. I do my next maybe in Apr or May still to cold. in WI
Old 02-16-2003, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

I wanna change the header on my GS15R to one with a bigger diameter, I've seen some of them on this thread but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy one.

If you have changed yours, what brand is it, where did you get it and approx. how much did it cost? Also, is it's brand different in different places/parts of the world, do you know of any others from different manufacturers and do any of you know a place on the internet or somewhere else that I can get one?

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by V-One S Racer
I wanna change the header on my GS15R to one with a bigger diameter, I've seen some of them on this thread but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy one.

If you have changed yours, what brand is it, where did you get it and approx. how much did it cost? Also, is it's brand different in different places/parts of the world, do you know of any others from different manufacturers and do any of you know a place on the internet or somewhere else that I can get one?

Thanks.
You can ask you LHS to make the thread to 3mm or you can get a diff header from Towerhobbies. Yokomo header for $22.00 or a Mugen MTX2 HD for $29.99 I got my from LHS
Attached Thumbnails V-ONE S Thread-mvc-043s.jpg  
Old 02-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Thanks.
Try Thunder Tiger

gt

Old 02-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

the are less kinky

u like that one squizzy
Old 02-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hop ups

Just went through the Kyosho page for hop ups for the V-One S.

Just wondering, whats good about the Carbon top deck plate?
Stronger or something?
Old 02-16-2003, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

I'm wondering whether or not to get it myself. It's lighter and makes the car more rigid. You also have to change the fuel tank to a better one. I also think the layout's a little different too, can't be 100% sure though.

Squizzy will be able to shed some light on it...... he's got one on one of his V-One S'.

Do you think it's really worth the money squizzy?
Old 02-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Default carbon plate

I'm wondering whether or not to get it myself. It's lighter and makes the car more rigid. You also have to change the fuel tank to a better one. I also think the layout's a little different too, can't be 100% sure though.

Squizzy will be able to shed some light on it...... he's got one on one of his V-One S'.

Do you think it's really worth the money squizzy?
Advantages

1) adds rigidity to the car
2) servo is better positioned for slide carb
3) looks cool
4) allows better weight distribution

Disadvantages

1) v-one-r fuel tank has to be used ($30.00)
2) the cost ($60-80)
3) cant use the battery box
4) need hump pack battery ($50.00ish)

I like it personally, do you want to spend the money or not is what it comes down to really. Its certainly not going to help you set lap records but shit it looks cool

gt

Old 02-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: carbon plate

Originally posted by squizzytaylor
Advantages

1) adds rigidity to the car
2) servo is better positioned for slide carb
3) looks cool
4) allows better weight distribution

Disadvantages

1) v-one-r fuel tank has to be used ($30.00)
2) the cost ($60-80)
3) cant use the battery box
4) need hump pack battery ($50.00ish)

I like it personally, do you want to spend the money or not is what it comes down to really. Its certainly not going to help you set lap records but shit it looks cool

gt

I certainly don't disagree that it looks cool ! Hump Pack...... Got one ! As long as the total cost is around $100 i'm getting one !
Old 02-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Is the venom turbo pipe the same or similar to the CVEC, it looks pretty much the same?
Old 02-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Default venom pipe

Originally posted by phildee
Is the venom turbo pipe the same or similar to the CVEC, it looks pretty much the same?
I have one of those, they are heaps noisy but work brilliantly with the v-one-s, be prepared to richen up your engine though.
They are only similar to the cvec in that they have two stingers, the cvec has internally adjustable baffles whereas the venom is a single chamber pipe hence the price difference.

gt

Old 02-16-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: venom pipe

Originally posted by squizzytaylor
I have one of those, they are heaps noisy but work brilliantly with the v-one-s, be prepared to richen up your engine though.
They are only similar to the cvec in that they have two stingers, the cvec has internally adjustable baffles whereas the venom is a single chamber pipe hence the price difference.

Hmmm sounds good, mite add that to the evergrowing list of must have's I guess, which is getting really big already

Is the position of the outlets similar to the standard pipe, cos I dont wanna have to cut another hole in my shell, it hasnt even been scratched yet

Last edited by phildee; 02-16-2003 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

Woah, damn a lot of cost just for a small upgrade of the top deck, aiya. I look into that later.

I think that car looks nice with those hop ups

Im thinking of buying that blue heatsink for my GS15R, should i?

What about that tuned silencer pipe? Would that be a good one or are there better ones?
Old 02-18-2003, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

hey GSIR i didnt no u had a 200sx body... whered u get it?

i personally dont like the carbon top deck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.