R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2003, 03:55 AM   #1336
Tech Adept
 
xGSiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by sausage_link
damn that looks great phildee! i wish mine had of turned out that good, but its ok im getting another skyline body soon
Make sure your getting the HPI Skyline. They have more realife look skyline with those headlights! Example:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gtr black.jpg (31.4 KB, 79 views)
xGSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:15 PM   #1337
Tech Adept
 
NitroJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, Dairy Land
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by xGSiR
Make sure your getting the HPI Skyline. They have more realife look skyline with those headlights! Example:
That's sweettt!. I do my next maybe in Apr or May still to cold. in WI
NitroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:26 PM   #1338
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default

I wanna change the header on my GS15R to one with a bigger diameter, I've seen some of them on this thread but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy one.

If you have changed yours, what brand is it, where did you get it and approx. how much did it cost? Also, is it's brand different in different places/parts of the world, do you know of any others from different manufacturers and do any of you know a place on the internet or somewhere else that I can get one?

Thanks.
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:50 PM   #1339
Tech Adept
 
NitroJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, Dairy Land
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
I wanna change the header on my GS15R to one with a bigger diameter, I've seen some of them on this thread but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy one.

If you have changed yours, what brand is it, where did you get it and approx. how much did it cost? Also, is it's brand different in different places/parts of the world, do you know of any others from different manufacturers and do any of you know a place on the internet or somewhere else that I can get one?

Thanks.
You can ask you LHS to make the thread to 3mm or you can get a diff header from Towerhobbies. Yokomo header for $22.00 or a Mugen MTX2 HD for $29.99 I got my from LHS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-043s.jpg (37.7 KB, 71 views)
NitroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 06:16 PM   #1340
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
I wanna change the header on my GS15R to one with a bigger diameter, I've seen some of them on this thread but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy one.

If you have changed yours, what brand is it, where did you get it and approx. how much did it cost? Also, is it's brand different in different places/parts of the world, do you know of any others from different manufacturers and do any of you know a place on the internet or somewhere else that I can get one?

Thanks.
Try Thunder Tiger

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 07:05 PM   #1341
Tech Regular
 
Brett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Shellharbour NSW Australia
Posts: 348
Default

the are less kinky

u like that one squizzy
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 09:53 PM   #1342
Tech Adept
 
xGSiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 230
Default Hop ups

Just went through the Kyosho page for hop ups for the V-One S.

Just wondering, whats good about the Carbon top deck plate?
Stronger or something?
xGSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:05 PM   #1343
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default

I'm wondering whether or not to get it myself. It's lighter and makes the car more rigid. You also have to change the fuel tank to a better one. I also think the layout's a little different too, can't be 100% sure though.

Squizzy will be able to shed some light on it...... he's got one on one of his V-One S'.

Do you think it's really worth the money squizzy?
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:32 PM   #1344
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default carbon plate

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
I'm wondering whether or not to get it myself. It's lighter and makes the car more rigid. You also have to change the fuel tank to a better one. I also think the layout's a little different too, can't be 100% sure though.

Squizzy will be able to shed some light on it...... he's got one on one of his V-One S'.

Do you think it's really worth the money squizzy?
Advantages

1) adds rigidity to the car
2) servo is better positioned for slide carb
3) looks cool
4) allows better weight distribution

Disadvantages

1) v-one-r fuel tank has to be used ($30.00)
2) the cost ($60-80)
3) cant use the battery box
4) need hump pack battery ($50.00ish)

I like it personally, do you want to spend the money or not is what it comes down to really. Its certainly not going to help you set lap records but shit it looks cool

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:43 PM   #1345
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default Re: carbon plate

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
Advantages

1) adds rigidity to the car
2) servo is better positioned for slide carb
3) looks cool
4) allows better weight distribution

Disadvantages

1) v-one-r fuel tank has to be used ($30.00)
2) the cost ($60-80)
3) cant use the battery box
4) need hump pack battery ($50.00ish)

I like it personally, do you want to spend the money or not is what it comes down to really. Its certainly not going to help you set lap records but shit it looks cool

gt

I certainly don't disagree that it looks cool ! Hump Pack...... Got one ! As long as the total cost is around $100 i'm getting one !
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:50 PM   #1346
Tech Adept
 
phildee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Geelong, Vic, Australia
Posts: 191
Send a message via ICQ to phildee
Default

Is the venom turbo pipe the same or similar to the CVEC, it looks pretty much the same?
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:18 PM   #1347
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default venom pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by phildee
Is the venom turbo pipe the same or similar to the CVEC, it looks pretty much the same?
I have one of those, they are heaps noisy but work brilliantly with the v-one-s, be prepared to richen up your engine though.
They are only similar to the cvec in that they have two stingers, the cvec has internally adjustable baffles whereas the venom is a single chamber pipe hence the price difference.

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:37 PM   #1348
Tech Adept
 
phildee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Geelong, Vic, Australia
Posts: 191
Send a message via ICQ to phildee
Default Re: venom pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
I have one of those, they are heaps noisy but work brilliantly with the v-one-s, be prepared to richen up your engine though.
They are only similar to the cvec in that they have two stingers, the cvec has internally adjustable baffles whereas the venom is a single chamber pipe hence the price difference.

Hmmm sounds good, mite add that to the evergrowing list of must have's I guess, which is getting really big already


Is the position of the outlets similar to the standard pipe, cos I dont wanna have to cut another hole in my shell, it hasnt even been scratched yet

Last edited by phildee; 02-16-2003 at 11:44 PM.
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:09 AM   #1349
Tech Adept
 
xGSiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 230
Default

Woah, damn a lot of cost just for a small upgrade of the top deck, aiya. I look into that later.



I think that car looks nice with those hop ups

Im thinking of buying that blue heatsink for my GS15R, should i?

What about that tuned silencer pipe? Would that be a good one or are there better ones?
xGSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 01:00 AM   #1350
Tech Master
 
sausage_link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melb, Australia
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link
Default

hey GSIR i didnt no u had a 200sx body... whered u get it?

i personally dont like the carbon top deck
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All my FS in this thread Vincent_666 Australia For Sale/Trade 11 06-30-2007 03:13 AM
HK for sale thread/wanted to buy thread....finally Got Xray? Hong Kong Racing 1 04-06-2006 09:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:09 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net