V-ONE S Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Initiate

hey braintease i went to the keilor park track and its pretty fun, but my car would go striaght??? anyone got a website to show me how to make my car go striaght???
Old 04-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by PhiLLaY
hey braintease i went to the keilor park track and its pretty fun, but my car would go striaght??? anyone got a website to show me how to make my car go striaght???
What do you mean by the car was not going straight?
Was it when you let go of the steering it started to veer to one side?
Was it always the same side?
Or was it that the car spun out on corners?

If it is just the car veering to one side, when driving in a straight line, you will have a trim adjustment near your steering controller, if it is veering right, move the trim towards the left...
This just adjusts the centering of the steering...

If you tell me what radio you have, and find a picture, i might be able to SHOW you on the picture where your trim adjustment is...
Old 04-13-2004, 01:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking

hi v one s

i went to the hobby shop near my place (Macks hobby link sunshine) and the owner was super nice and started fiddling with my car, it was bc i had too much camber and they were uneven, this caused the tyre to wear out unevenly he told me to make them flat right now i changed all four to rubber tyres but the grip is shocking i took apart my cars front end and re assembled it according to the manual, in teh process i lost one of the bearings so now i gotta get one of those, teh wheel is wobbling, i might get those sorted out and its all good, btw my radion is set on zero its a JR XR3 i dont have a clue how to use it tho, the hobby shop owner had set it up for me cause my car wasnt braking hard enough. right now my car is sitting on my workbench cause i am trying to figure out why the wheel is toeing in so much its like this / \ suppose to be | |
Old 04-13-2004, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

the toe can be adjusted by the steering arms connected between the Servo and the hub carrier...
Bugger about the bearing... hopefully its not a certain one... large one from memory... their fair bit expensive (when i bought one it was anyway)
Old 04-13-2004, 01:42 AM
Tech Initiate

yeah its the big one i heard they are fairly expensive too, my cousin got a few spares from a different brand of nitro car hopefully they fit because they the same type of wheels hehehe
Old 04-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, mine cost near on 20$

But can be bought in other places cheaper i later found out...

They are a bearing used in nothing else, no other product in anything, from fans, to RC uses that size bearing except Kyosho, and they are quite expensive because they are expecially made...

Just have a really really good look around where you pulled the car apart...
Old 04-13-2004, 01:58 AM
Tech Initiate

aiya thats not good, it was already gone when i took teh hex nut out, i was checking why teh wheels were wobbling and it turns out teh bearing was missing need to get a new one and some new foam tyres. can u tell me how to tune the low speed idle and the knob for the air/fuel ratio, how would i know when its good or not?
Old 04-13-2004, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Tuning, okay then...

Basically, with the highspeed needle, you set it first...
once you've been DRIVING for about 1 minute, watch how the car performs... does it flat spot with a lot of smoke?
does it falter with no smoke, does it rev right out but have no smoke?
Does it rev out nicely with a small slight trail of smoke from the stinger?

You want the last one for a good high end tune...

Now a low end tune...
Drive in, stop, and about 3 seconds later gun it off the mark... does it falter? does it come off the line crisp and fast? or does it bog down and nearly die?
Slowly adjust the low speed needle until it comes off the line crisp and fast...

the idle speed...
once the main and low speed needle are set, drive around, and slow down slowly (coast in) and stop, (dont use the brakes)
Does the car keep driving forwards? Yes? well then turn the idle screw (small one with spring) so the revs drop... but remember, each adjustment, drive off a bit and come back... it allows the carb opening to settle in...

After each mixture change, allow about 30seconds to 1 minute to see the full change...
Set the idle so the motor is running fast enough to not die, and slow enough so the car doesnot move, or only bumps slightly forward once in a while
Old 04-13-2004, 02:37 AM
Tech Addict

Also, you lost one while driving?
umm... thats pretty damn hard to do unless you snap something
Old 04-13-2004, 03:03 AM
Tech Initiate

ok so theres one screw with a spring, this is the idle right? theres one that's next to the hose where the fuel enters teh carb thats the high speed wheres the low speed? i see a black screw next to the one thats got a spring is that the one??? when i rev out it leaves a trail of smoke but it would take a while before it snaps into 2nd, off the line it bogs down pretty pretty bad sometimes it stalls
Old 04-13-2004, 03:08 AM
Tech Addict

When looking at your engine, if you are using the GS15-r, where the arm for throttle connects to the servo, you will see a screw that looks like it holds the throttle arm there, thats the Low speed needle...

Sounds like you need about 1/2 turn clockwise (leaner) on low
and mayb 1/2 to 3/4 clockwise on high...

Also your 2 speed maybe set WAY too high...
you dont need the whole rev range with a 2 speed...
basically about 3/4s of the way through the engines full revs it should shift...
and you can adjust the power band position by moving the exhaust away from the manifold...
further away is moves power band UP the rev range, bring it closer, moves it down

With a 2 speed you want it further DOWN the rev range so you dont rev as hard and have full power
Old 04-13-2004, 03:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

This might help explain the screws, I just happen to have the moter out of my V-One SII
Attached Thumbnails V-ONE S Thread-carb.jpg  
Old 04-13-2004, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by PhiLLaY
Oi !!! when did you come to the kroma track? bring it down this saturday and ill show you how to use your radio as i have a simular radio like yours.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default newbie

hi, im new here... i am planning on buying a v1s II.. is it wise to buy now? is it outdated? and there anything better in the range?
Old 04-13-2004, 05:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Ben1112,
I think there is a few questions you need to answer. And keep in mind I am new to this too.

Where will you drive it?

Will you race it?

How much do you want to spend?

I have now got 2 V-One SII's and I love it, but i have found you need a couple of hop ups, like, 2 speed, and some aloy pulleys. I only drive mine for fun as we dont have a club here.

Dazza

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.