R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #151
Tech Addict
 
Clete Landefeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 632
Default

Alright .. cut the shit.. and let Jeff be....
this is the reason he got the other thread shut down... lets move on and continue at a productive pace!
I getting all the email address from the members and we are almost done... let's not fall apart because of one person...
__________________
Clete
SnotRocket Racing, Team TimeZone, Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies, McKune Design, RC Plus... Thanks for all the help guys!
Clete Landefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #152
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Mike, glad to have you in on this. I think perhaps the electric racers should discuss their own take on things. I have been to a number of big races that invited the electric GTs, but have yet to see one on the track. We are concentrating on the nitro end of this because that is what we all race. We don't want to exclude anyone, but electric needs to set their own rules.
__________________
People spend their lives worrying about death. I'm sliding in broadside h ollering "Wow, what a ride"
spooky 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #153
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
Alright .. cut the shit.. and let Jeff be....
this is the reason he got the other thread shut down... lets move on and continue at a productive pace!
I getting all the email address from the members and we are almost done... let's not fall apart because of one person...
Agreed, just let him go chase butterflies in left field.

I'm really excited for some progression in the GT8 class and community as a whole!
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #154
Tech Addict
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 514
Smile

......\\>
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #155
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post

On the members of the board...
Clete,
I shouldn’t have to pm you to begin with.

Most of us who have been working together for years to grow this class to where it is right now all know each other and speak frequently about how to keep it balanced & fair for everyone.

Here’s an example…. Spooky (who has been involved on race organizing in Utah for several years) has been expressing his feelings on weight restrictions for our “Spec” class GT Only racing at events.

It just took a quick call to hear his views, relay them to long time GT racers and the minimum 3500 grams weight was agreed upon by fair & long time members of the international GT racing community who have attended our events.

As far as your approach of new “board members”, which is indeed loaded with individuals, that must try to protect the brands they are affiliated with or actually sell, with new legislations negatively aimed towards any brands or products they do not sell or have any affiliations with.

Like I have posted many times before, instead of open attacks against anyone personally, a better or more fair and respecting way of going about all this, would be to actually post some of the existing GT class rules in question and try to discuss what you feel could be made better and why.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #156
Tech Addict
 
Clete Landefeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 632
Default

Like I have posted many times before, instead of open attacks against anyone personally, a better or more fair and respecting way of going about all this, would be to actually post some of the existing GT class rules in question and try to discuss what you feel could be made better and why. [/QUOTE]

GREAT! So you agree.... Awsome, thanks for the support of the forum and what we are trying to accomplish... We look forward to seeing you at the races!
__________________
Clete
SnotRocket Racing, Team TimeZone, Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies, McKune Design, RC Plus... Thanks for all the help guys!
Clete Landefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #157
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
Alright .. cut the shit.. and let Jeff be....
this is the reason he got the other thread shut down... lets move on and continue at a productive pace!
I getting all the email address from the members and we are almost done... let's not fall apart because of one person...
By the way… I didn’t get your last thread shut down, get the facts straight.

The moderators shut it down because of the complaints against it.
If people can actually remain civil, your new thread could have a positive impact on GT racing too.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #158
Tech Regular
 
Robudda723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 277
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

You are all correct Clete. It was un productive on my part to fuel the fire. I apologize this is a good thread and want to see it thrive. You are on the right track with GT8.

Rob
Robudda723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #159
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

I agree with nothing clete, because you have yet to show what you feel is wrong with many of the existing rules for GT around the world.

Show details of rules you percieve as wrong and why you and your new "board" feel that way about them.

Then maybe we can agree on something.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #160
Tech Regular
 
VexVegaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brooklyn / Staten Island
Posts: 347
Default

So i picked up a lrp .30 converted to a non-pull start about two weeks. After breaking in, the power this engine provide is evident. MY concern though, has to do with its fuel consumption. how would a werks b5 compare to to this lrp?

Thanks guys
__________________
Serpent Cobra GT > Serpent 748TQ › Serpent S411 › Serpent SRX2 › Sanwa MT-4 › Novarossi › Hobbywing › Epic D3 › Savox > Sweep Tires > BrooklynHobbies.Com

For RC TShirts and Custom Sponsor Shirts & Hoodies, Please Visit www.veytrex.com
VexVegaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #161
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robudda723 View Post
It was un productive on my part to fuel the fire. I apologize....

Rob
Then maybe you should show good faith and delete you offensive and negative post. just sayin...
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #162
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexVegaz View Post
So i picked up a lrp .30 converted to a non-pull start about two weeks. After breaking in, the power this engine provide is evident. MY concern though, has to do with its fuel consumption. how would a werks b5 compare to to this lrp?

Thanks guys
Both are really good engines, the .30 might have a hard time at many races due to max displacments usually being up to .28's. With that said, the Werks B5 has proven to be a very good selection for most all track racing rules.

Good luck!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #163
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexVegaz View Post
So i picked up a lrp .30 converted to a non-pull start about two weeks. After breaking in, the power this engine provide is evident. MY concern though, has to do with its fuel consumption. how would a werks b5 compare to to this lrp?

Thanks guys

LRP .30's are pretty ballistic. Not enough rpm up top imo. The werks B5 is a pretty giggly fast mill for $200. Very good run times. Consistent 10+ min on a tank.
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #164
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
I agree with nothing clete, because you have yet to show what you feel is wrong with many of the existing rules for GT around the world.

Show details of rules you percieve as wrong and why you and your new "board" feel that way about them.

Then maybe we can agree on something.
Jeff, if you have watched this thread unfold as you say you have, then you would know what rules everybody who has put in input would like to see. The existing rules are specific to a certain region or club. We are attempting to UNIFY the GT8 class. So that no matter if you're racing at the track that is 5 min from your house or across the country, the rules are the same.

Many of us feel that instead of trying to split the classes by open and spec, that it would be more beneficial to run the GT8 class more like the established nitro classes. With sportsman/pro and a novice class if the entrants are enough.

Instead of bashing the "board", lets be productive with this. No personal attacks, yeah?
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #165
Tech Addict
 
Clete Landefeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robudda723 View Post
You are all correct Clete. It was un productive on my part to fuel the fire. I apologize this is a good thread and want to see it thrive. You are on the right track with GT8.

Rob
no worries... Let's not one person undo GT8 class as whole...

To the board...
Please make sure I have all your contact information. I will email everyone with the basic rules format that has been discussed as nation with in this forum..

As National GT8 format is unified I will have them posted here, so stay tuned... ... great job to all of you that have taken the time to voice a constructive opinion and to all them nominees... This shows that your pears hold you in high regard! ... Come on ROAR and IFMAR... take our group on as a legitimate class!
__________________
Clete
SnotRocket Racing, Team TimeZone, Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies, McKune Design, RC Plus... Thanks for all the help guys!
Clete Landefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:48 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net