Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

NEW HB comp touring

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Rookie

I'll have my HB R10 at the roar nat's next week. Anyone else with an R10 going to be there?
Old 09-14-2013, 03:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

How did u go at the ROAR Nats John? I had my clutch and 2 speed fall off during my 3rd heat at our club meeting lastnight It ended up raining before the final as well
Old 09-14-2013, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richardc7696
How did u go at the ROAR Nats John? I had my clutch and 2 speed fall off during my 3rd heat at our club meeting lastnight It ended up raining before the final as well
LOL... you should get a new mechanic! This was after you missed the first round because you left your radio controller at home
Old 09-14-2013, 04:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, so it was a pretty bad night. You are my mechanic!
Old 09-14-2013, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, so it was a pretty bad night. You are my mechanic!
Yeah... was hoping to be jobless so I can grow old and grumpy at home!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well u can't! I thought u were gonna start running a TC3
Old 09-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is the 2spd clutch giving anyone else problems?

The center adapter has a lot of play/movement. Shifting seems inconsistent also.

Can another brand 2spd clutch work in the car, if so which brand ?
Old 09-16-2013, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yappy

The center adapter has a lot of play/movement. Shifting seems inconsistent also.

Yappy:

Xray will fit from the NT1.... Richard has been struggling with his 2 speed a little, although we do normally run a controlled class with only a .70 hp motor and that will be the reason for most of our issues. However when we ran our state titles in July with a proper motor in it the 2 speed was still inconsistent. We set it perfectly on the Friday, packed up and went home and come the round on Saturday it wouldn't change and we struggled with it for most of the day.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Yappy:

Xray will fit from the NT1.... Richard has been struggling with his 2 speed a little, although we do normally run a controlled class with only a .70 hp motor and that will be the reason for most of our issues. However when we ran our state titles in July with a proper motor in it the 2 speed was still inconsistent. We set it perfectly on the Friday, packed up and went home and come the round on Saturday it wouldn't change and we struggled with it for most of the day.
Thank you! Yes the 2 speed is giving me trouble. Very inconsistent. I will get the NT1 2 speed.

Is the engine clutch shoe shaped different than the NT1 clutch shoe ?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you! Yes the 2 speed is giving me trouble. Very inconsistent. I will get the NT1 2 speed.

Is the engine clutch shoe shaped different than the NT1 clutch shoe ?
We have recently purchased a JP Racing 2 speed with smaller shoes from Italy, but not tried it as yet...

The clutch shoe is similar to Xray, but not tried it as yet

Am thinking the better solution is try a Capricorn clutch like Lenio ran at the Worlds last year.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Rookie

I had a pretty rough week. I had bearing issues with my engines because of the bearings I used. I ended up wiping out my first engine on the first day of practice, wiped out my second engine on the second day of practice. Tried to rig a engine together with parts I had, tried breaking it in early in the morning which caused me to miss the first qualifier and got docked a lap on my best run because I accidentally missed corner marshaling when I was running the engine in...

That engine ended up popping because of bearing material going through it. I'm thankful that I was loaned a reds racing motor (which ran amazing and was very very fast). Also it had an xray clutch on it and it dropped right into the car. I couldn't have been happier with it and I can't be more than thankful to the reds racing team.

Anyways I struggled from all the stress and finally got a decent run on the 6th qualifier. I ended up 2nd in the 1/4 semi finals. I went back to the hotel and went through the entire car and found the pin in the 2 speed had worn through the pads and some other small issues. I went out and practiced and the car felt amazing. I felt extremely confident in the car and didn't have a doubt that I would bump in the mains. The mains came along and I was in second place and I was coming up on 1st. I was pushing the car hard and tried to cut the sweeper too short, I clipped it and broke the servo saver in the car. It was a rough week and I can't believe I clipped the corner in the main.

The only issue I have had is with the pin sliding into the clutch. This has only happened twice in the last 7-8 months I have had the car. The MTX5 clutch assembly will fit right in, though I had the same problem with it.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

We have recently purchased a JP Racing 2 speed with smaller shoes from Italy, but not tried it as yet...

The clutch shoe is similar to Xray, but not tried it as yet

Am thinking the better solution is try a Capricorn clutch like Lenio ran at the Worlds last year.
Capricorn clutch with HB clutch bell or xray bell ?
Old 09-17-2013, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Capricorn clutch with HB clutch bell or xray bell ?
Sorry I can't confirm, but it sounds like the whole Xray clutch will work by what John has just said. The HB/KM Pinions are interchangeable with Xray anyway
Old 09-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Sorry I can't confirm, but it sounds like the whole Xray clutch will work by what John has just said. The HB/KM Pinions are interchangeable with Xray anyway
KM pinion can fix into Xray clutch bell but Xray pinion can't fix with KM clutch bell.
second speed shoe and housing for km,hb and xray are interchangeable
Old 09-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow, sorry to hear u had a rough time at ROAR Nats John. I had a better meet (than my last time) on Friday night. We finished first in my B final and 4th overall.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.