R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #346
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 12
Default

I'll have my HB R10 at the roar nat's next week. Anyone else with an R10 going to be there?
HTUJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #347
Tech Apprentice
 
richardc7696's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 54
Default

How did u go at the ROAR Nats John? I had my clutch and 2 speed fall off during my 3rd heat at our club meeting lastnight It ended up raining before the final as well
__________________
This one time at Brendale... I was taken out in the pit lane!
MissMoo R/C
Xray NT1 2014
Hot Bodies R10
richardc7696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #348
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardc7696 View Post
How did u go at the ROAR Nats John? I had my clutch and 2 speed fall off during my 3rd heat at our club meeting lastnight It ended up raining before the final as well
LOL... you should get a new mechanic! This was after you missed the first round because you left your radio controller at home
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:00 AM   #349
Tech Apprentice
 
richardc7696's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 54
Default

Yeah, so it was a pretty bad night. You are my mechanic!
__________________
This one time at Brendale... I was taken out in the pit lane!
MissMoo R/C
Xray NT1 2014
Hot Bodies R10
richardc7696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #350
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardc7696 View Post
Yeah, so it was a pretty bad night. You are my mechanic!
Yeah... was hoping to be jobless so I can grow old and grumpy at home!
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #351
Tech Apprentice
 
richardc7696's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 54
Default

Well u can't! I thought u were gonna start running a TC3
__________________
This one time at Brendale... I was taken out in the pit lane!
MissMoo R/C
Xray NT1 2014
Hot Bodies R10
richardc7696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #352
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Is the 2spd clutch giving anyone else problems?

The center adapter has a lot of play/movement. Shifting seems inconsistent also.

Can another brand 2spd clutch work in the car, if so which brand ?
yappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #353
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yappy View Post
Is the 2spd clutch giving anyone else problems?

The center adapter has a lot of play/movement. Shifting seems inconsistent also.

Can another brand 2spd clutch work in the car, if so which brand ?
Yappy:

Xray will fit from the NT1.... Richard has been struggling with his 2 speed a little, although we do normally run a controlled class with only a .70 hp motor and that will be the reason for most of our issues. However when we ran our state titles in July with a proper motor in it the 2 speed was still inconsistent. We set it perfectly on the Friday, packed up and went home and come the round on Saturday it wouldn't change and we struggled with it for most of the day.
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #354
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Yappy:

Xray will fit from the NT1.... Richard has been struggling with his 2 speed a little, although we do normally run a controlled class with only a .70 hp motor and that will be the reason for most of our issues. However when we ran our state titles in July with a proper motor in it the 2 speed was still inconsistent. We set it perfectly on the Friday, packed up and went home and come the round on Saturday it wouldn't change and we struggled with it for most of the day.
Thank you! Yes the 2 speed is giving me trouble. Very inconsistent. I will get the NT1 2 speed.


Is the engine clutch shoe shaped different than the NT1 clutch shoe ?
yappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #355
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yappy View Post
Thank you! Yes the 2 speed is giving me trouble. Very inconsistent. I will get the NT1 2 speed.


Is the engine clutch shoe shaped different than the NT1 clutch shoe ?
We have recently purchased a JP Racing 2 speed with smaller shoes from Italy, but not tried it as yet...

The clutch shoe is similar to Xray, but not tried it as yet

Am thinking the better solution is try a Capricorn clutch like Lenio ran at the Worlds last year.
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #356
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardc7696 View Post
How did u go at the ROAR Nats John? I had my clutch and 2 speed fall off during my 3rd heat at our club meeting lastnight It ended up raining before the final as well
I had a pretty rough week. I had bearing issues with my engines because of the bearings I used. I ended up wiping out my first engine on the first day of practice, wiped out my second engine on the second day of practice. Tried to rig a engine together with parts I had, tried breaking it in early in the morning which caused me to miss the first qualifier and got docked a lap on my best run because I accidentally missed corner marshaling when I was running the engine in...

That engine ended up popping because of bearing material going through it. I'm thankful that I was loaned a reds racing motor (which ran amazing and was very very fast). Also it had an xray clutch on it and it dropped right into the car. I couldn't have been happier with it and I can't be more than thankful to the reds racing team.

Anyways I struggled from all the stress and finally got a decent run on the 6th qualifier. I ended up 2nd in the 1/4 semi finals. I went back to the hotel and went through the entire car and found the pin in the 2 speed had worn through the pads and some other small issues. I went out and practiced and the car felt amazing. I felt extremely confident in the car and didn't have a doubt that I would bump in the mains. The mains came along and I was in second place and I was coming up on 1st. I was pushing the car hard and tried to cut the sweeper too short, I clipped it and broke the servo saver in the car. It was a rough week and I can't believe I clipped the corner in the main.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yappy View Post
Is the 2spd clutch giving anyone else problems?

The center adapter has a lot of play/movement. Shifting seems inconsistent also.

Can another brand 2spd clutch work in the car, if so which brand ?
The only issue I have had is with the pin sliding into the clutch. This has only happened twice in the last 7-8 months I have had the car. The MTX5 clutch assembly will fit right in, though I had the same problem with it.
HTUJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #357
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
We have recently purchased a JP Racing 2 speed with smaller shoes from Italy, but not tried it as yet...

The clutch shoe is similar to Xray, but not tried it as yet

Am thinking the better solution is try a Capricorn clutch like Lenio ran at the Worlds last year.
Capricorn clutch with HB clutch bell or xray bell ?
yappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #358
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yappy View Post
Capricorn clutch with HB clutch bell or xray bell ?
Sorry I can't confirm, but it sounds like the whole Xray clutch will work by what John has just said. The HB/KM Pinions are interchangeable with Xray anyway
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #359
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Sorry I can't confirm, but it sounds like the whole Xray clutch will work by what John has just said. The HB/KM Pinions are interchangeable with Xray anyway
KM pinion can fix into Xray clutch bell but Xray pinion can't fix with KM clutch bell.
second speed shoe and housing for km,hb and xray are interchangeable
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #360
Tech Apprentice
 
richardc7696's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 54
Default

Wow, sorry to hear u had a rough time at ROAR Nats John. I had a better meet (than my last time) on Friday night. We finished first in my B final and 4th overall.
__________________
This one time at Brendale... I was taken out in the pit lane!
MissMoo R/C
Xray NT1 2014
Hot Bodies R10
richardc7696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rc crawler 2.2 savageboy69 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 12-27-2009 11:34 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:00 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net