Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

NEW HB comp touring

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Decided to revisit the Hotbodies R10 over my Christmas break as it is still my favourite car to drive and it is going to waste sitting after having radio shutdown issues from the heat of the exhaust in default position.

I bought a sheet of 2mm carbon fibre and after a few templates and a bit of moving things around here and there this is what i was able to come up with.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Decided to revisit the Hotbodies R10 over my Christmas break as it is still my favourite car to drive and it is going to waste sitting after having radio shutdown issues from the heat of the exhaust in default position.

I bought a sheet of 2mm carbon fibre and after a few templates and a bit of moving things around here and there this is what i was able to come up with.

Hey Bundy Bear...long time no speak.....Thought I would pop on when i saw your name in the RC TECH email notification...

Thought I would say Happy New Year....

Glad to see you still dig HPI....I still have ALL my Challenge cars and HPI cars...all the way back to my Super Nitros...
Old 01-02-2017, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharryDOTcom
Hey Bundy Bear...long time no speak.....Thought I would pop on when i saw your name in the RC TECH email notification...

Thought I would say Happy New Year....

Glad to see you still dig HPI....I still have ALL my Challenge cars and HPI cars...all the way back to my Super Nitros...
Hi Harry,

Yes still keen on my HPI/HB

Shame HB will concentrate on off-road nitro and electric an still no mention of any development on the R10.

Andrew
Old 01-03-2017, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi Harry,

Yes still keen on my HPI/HB

Shame HB will concentrate on off-road nitro and electric an still no mention of any development on the R10.

Andrew
I agree....BTW, I have a friend on facebook (Andrew Christie) who also lives down under and said he knows you through RC...small world, lol..
Old 03-12-2023, 01:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know what power clutch system would work on the R10? Does the R40 clutch work on it? (i know I'll have to change it to the 0.8M)..thanks and can't wait to get my R10 going! It has been awhile!
Old 03-13-2023, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrastute
Does anyone know what power clutch system would work on the R10? Does the R40 clutch work on it? (i know I'll have to change it to the 0.8M)..thanks and can't wait to get my R10 going! It has been awhile!
we have used the X-ray NT1 clutch in R10. The HB clutch is identical too the KM clutch for their HK1.
mrastute likes this.
Old 03-26-2023, 12:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Bundy_Bear, is there a performance difference between the Xray and KM clutches other than the price differences? Wonder if any of the Serpents, Mugens, Kyoshos would fit onto the R10’s 2speed transmission? Thanks and very new to this forum! Will a HPI XS .12 be decent for this car? If not I’ll just slap it onto my R40. I am just a parking lot guy…no competition for me!
Old 03-27-2023, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrastute
Thanks Bundy_Bear, is there a performance difference between the Xray and KM clutches other than the price differences? Wonder if any of the Serpents, Mugens, Kyoshos would fit onto the R10’s 2speed transmission? Thanks and very new to this forum! Will a HPI XS .12 be decent for this car? If not I’ll just slap it onto my R40. I am just a parking lot guy…no competition for me!
Anything that uses Xray spur gears should work.... Eg: KM, HB, Xray or the Capricorn clutch for Xray NT1. My opinion is the Capricorn is the best clutch for tourers on the market and my preference. THE KM and HB are the same but maybe hard to locate now. Xray clutch works well too...
mrastute likes this.