Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dredd
What should I do if the cap screw on the 2 speed shaft keeps backing out?

I tighten it down and it will always get loose and eventually falls out. God forbid it falls off when I'm at speed.
First, try changing the cap screw. If that doesn't solve the problem, make sure the threads inside the shaft are not stripped.

What length cap screw are you using? The instructions say to use the 12 or 15mm screw. If the 15 isn't too long, try the 15.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
First, try changing the cap screw. If that doesn't solve the problem, make sure the threads inside the shaft are not stripped.

What length cap screw are you using? The instructions say to use the 12 or 15mm screw. If the 15 isn't too long, try the 15.
To be honest I never measured it. I'm gonna go to the shop tomorrow and take it apart and check it out.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cgstrrf
I want to improve the part about camber(Rear). It's very inconvenient to change rear camber angle ( just very few adjustment can be done with...T^T)
Any suggestion(s)? Or any body could help?
Cheers

Raven
Hope this could help.

Camber plate on rear bulkhead

Reference Link
Old 03-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

To be honest I never measured it. I'm gonna go to the shop tomorrow and take it apart and check it out.

some mild thread locks works wonders onthat part hope this helps
Old 03-16-2007, 05:51 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cgstrrf
I want to improve the part about camber(Rear). It's very inconvenient to change rear camber angle ( just very few adjustment can be done with...T^T)
Any suggestion(s)? Or any body could help?
Cheers

Raven
Get yourself a small 5.5mm wrench. That's what I use and it works very well.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:56 AM
jag
Tech Master

What should I do if the cap screw on the 2 speed shaft keeps backing out?

I tighten it down and it will always get loose and eventually falls out. God forbid it falls off when I'm at speed.
Do you mean the screw that goes in the end of the shaft that holds the spur gears on? If that is the screw you are having problems with, it's probably not the screw... it's the collar, the shaft or one-way bearing. If it's the grub screw that holds the 2-speed on the shaft, I would recommend Lock-Tite.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Where did you purchase your 2d clutch.
From RC-CHAMP. They have fantastic service and prices.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Oops! Sorry Dred - my bad. I mis-read your post. Ignore what I said about the screw length.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
Do you mean the screw that goes in the end of the shaft that holds the spur gears on? If that is the screw you are having problems with, it's probably not the screw... it's the collar, the shaft or one-way bearing. If it's the grub screw that holds the 2-speed on the shaft, I would recommend Lock-Tite.
I've never had to put lock-tite on that screw on either of my cars...
Old 03-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Exclamation Engine Recommendation

Hi to all the V1 RRR owners. I just joined the group (still waiting for the delivery of my kit ).

Need help when I build the kit (building tips, shock oil, spare parts, engine etc).

But my main concern is the choice of engine. I plan of just putting a .12 engine, however I'm not sure which brand I should get that's not too much money & not too cheap either but a very reliable engine (or should I say worth the $$$).

I'm new to this class (you can tell from my "SIG" - Tamiya TC's) & want to try it out since I got the bleesing from my better half the other night. I only plan to race nitro club racing @ my local track twice a month. The nitro class has been increasing since late last year. A handful of electric TC's racers (including me) have swithced over to nitro but I still plan to run my electric TC from time to time.

Any tips, suggestions & engine recommendations will be appreciated.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Jun. Check out the RRR Web site in my signature. It has quite a few tips.

What engines are the other guys running and how big is the track?
Old 03-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Hi to all the V1 RRR owners. I just joined the group (still waiting for the delivery of my kit ).

Need help when I build the kit (building tips, shock oil, spare parts, engine etc).

But my main concern is the choice of engine. I plan of just putting a .12 engine, however I'm not sure which brand I should get that's not too much money & not too cheap either but a very reliable engine (or should I say worth the $$$).

I'm new to this class (you can tell from my "SIG" - Tamiya TC's) & want to try it out since I got the bleesing from my better half the other night. I only plan to race nitro club racing @ my local track twice a month. The nitro class has been increasing since late last year. A handful of electric TC's racers (including me) have swithced over to nitro but I still plan to run my electric TC from time to time.

Any tips, suggestions & engine recommendations will be appreciated.
Welcome to the RRR club plenty of tips on this site just ask when you have a question there are people with a lot of knowledge of RRR in this forum.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Hi Jun. Check out the RRR Web site in my signature. It has quite a few tips.

What engines are the other guys running and how big is the track?
Thanks for pointing me to your "SIG", will definitely look at it when I start building the kit. The guys @ my track run .12 engines (I think, not sure if some use .15 engines). The brand of engine that I hear the most is the Sirio engines (checked the price around & costs a little more than half the $$$ I paid for my nitro kit ).

The size of the track is a good size track (don't know the exact dimensions).

Thanks Ivan for the warm welcome.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've never had to put lock-tite on that screw on either of my cars...

its a pre-caution...this makes certain that it will not come loose....the last thing you want is a failure when winning a big race......there are several areas that should always have locktite if you dont want to have a unforseen problem heading to the finish line

hope this helps.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
its a pre-caution...this makes certain that it will not come loose....the last thing you want is a failure when winning a big race......there are several areas that should always have locktite if you dont want to have a unforseen problem heading to the finish line

hope this helps.
Very true.

I haven't had problems - or remember coming across a post where someone else had this problem, but I could be mistaken on the latter.

It's like those Mugen wheel nuts. When I first looked at them, it was like, "Hey, no nylon!?" Then I asked a guy if I needed to use any thread lock on them and he said that I don't have to. Sure enough, those things lock tighter than if I had fused the wheel to the hub.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.